"Weird Al" Yankovic

adwillingham

Callaway Homer
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So "Weird Al" is back doing what he does, either hilarious or ridiculous depending on your viewpoint. Anyway, he just released a new album, and the videos are being released one per day. A couple of these are pretty awesome (at least to this dork).

"Word Crimes" - Parody of "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke
Spoiler
[video=youtube;8Gv0H-vPoDc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc[/video]

"Tacky" - Parody of "Happy" by Pharrell
Spoiler

"Foil" - Parody of "Royals" by Lorde
Spoiler
[video=youtube;w-0TEJMJOhk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-0TEJMJOhk[/video]

"Handy" - Parody of "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea
https://screen.yahoo.com/sketchy/weird-al-yankovic-handy-parody-133702425.html

Last edited:
The "Word Crimes" one is freaking fantastic.

The "Word Crimes" one is freaking fantastic.

It really is...we need to make sure that Smalls sees that one.

Word Crimes. Hilarious. Foil was alright too, but the first one takes the cake for me.

Hahaha awesome. Love his stuff. He cracks me up.

Lots of nice cameos in Tacky

Love Weird Al. He looks the exact same since Amish Paradise.

My son and I have been to see Weird Al 3 times. It's a great show, we were bummed when we found out he was taking this year off from touring.

Say what you will about Weird Al, he's freaking gifted at what he does. Word crimes was amazing and educational all at the same time.

Tacky and Word Crimes were awesome. Haven't seen the third one yet.

Still throw in Bad Hair Day every once in a while. He's always been fantastic and even though his stuff is goofy at times, I can certainly appreciate the time, effort and intelligence it takes to do what he does.

I like Tacky the best so far. Been great though

"Word Crimes" is a level of artistry not achieved since "Fat".

It is great to see Weird Al getting some much deserved love. There is a really good article about his potential future and possibly ditching albums for releasing singles as they are ready.

Word Crimes is another great one up there with fat and eat it

Word Crimes is genius, I like the other two also.

Loved him as a kid! Amish Paradise is still one of the funniest things of all time.

I liked the word crimes video. We blog weekly at my firm and I just finished writing about "crutch" words and how most folks have such limited vocabularies that they fall victim to over using a word or phrase repeatedly to end a point or begin a new one.

That's the best stuff I've seen from him in a while. Could be time to fire up the VCR and watch UHF again.

Will have to watch those videos later.....

My dad has most of the stuff he has put out and I have enjoyed a lot of it too - wonder if he knows there is some new stuff about??

Love the cameos. The Reno 911 guys was cool.
I'm going to make my kid watch Word Crimes on a loop.

Love the cameos. The Reno 911 guys was cool.
I'm going to make my kid watch Word Crimes on a loop.

See, I think of them as The State guys, not the Reno 911 guys.

Back