Weird Fact About You

Not enough room on the internet for me to list all the weird things about me.

According to the shuttle bus driver and our caddies I am the only person in the world who has played the new Sheep Ranch course at Bandon who isn’t absolutely in love with it.
Haha!
It’s funny you say that. When I took a “virtual tour” of it the course looked fantastic. But without the Bandon name attached to it would it really be anything unique or all that special?

I’m just happy there is a other course up there to play when I eventually get an opportunity to go up there.

I disagree. Before I could do track “my way” I had to run the 400 a few times. That IS a sprint. State winning times are sub 47 seconds. I could do it in a minute, then puke. My senior year (spring here so I was almost done) my asst track coach came in to the weight room and told me to get out and run. I asked him if he wanted my 10 points every meet in pole vault or he wanted me to get thrown off the team, because if he didn’t leave me alone, I’d force him to throw me off.

I did NOT like that guy. He went storming out to the head coach and the head coach came in and told me I didn’t have to run but asked me to be nicer to him. Ok, can deal. I’d already told him I only wanted to pole vault that season, but if he needed me on the 4x100 I’d do that for him.

Anything beyond 100 meters I hated. But I ran them all at one point or another and I hated the 400 the most.
I always ran long distances in Track/field & Cross country.(1600/3200). My track coach needed a 400 runner and asked me to do it. I ran it and ended up dead last....I was running like a distance runner and these guys just came out of the blocks flying. Before I realized what was up, it was too late. Never ran that race again.

I chopped the end of my pinky off when I was a kid. They sewed it back on but it is very odd looking 40 years later.

I have a 170+ IQ.

I edited a photography book of bald nude women.

I have occupied all the economic strata from homeless to millionaire.

I have competed and done well in:
Soccer
Football
Darts
Motorcycle racing
Pistol shooting
Played paintball semi pro and internationally
Long distance motorcycle riding (iron butt type things)

I was on the Family Values Tour for a month

I hold a glider license rating and several advanced scuba certs

I also don't think I am anything special.

Last edited:
I quit baseball my senior year to run track...up to that point, I thought all "trackers" were geeks.

I've seen every second of every Super Bowl live - one in person (XIV), and all the rest on broadcast TV.

I shook George H. W. Bush's hand on the porch of the clubhouse at Cape Arundel GC in Kennebunkport. Gracious man, with biggest hands I've ever seen.

I was a pretty good trumpet player in high school and college, making PA All-State Orchestra and Music Educators' National Conference All-East Band. Last one in, but I made it.

I lost on Jeopardy1

I was on the front of a Thompsons Holidays summer season brochure and I’ve also been in a couple of other brochures ad a child. Right place right time - not paid or staged/posed. I was just on holiday at time they were taken.

I played cricket in my younger days and at 12 yrs old bowled a whole team out (ie.10 players) for 1 run . It was a school record at the time , picture was in the local newspapers , letter from the mayor, etc . The phrase 'every dog has its day' springs to mind. :)

I have a 170+ IQ.

I edited a photography book of bald nude women.

I have occupied all the economic strata from homeless to millionaire.

I have competed and done well in:
Soccer
Football
Darts
Motorcycle racing
Pistol shooting
Played paintball semi pro and internationally
Long distance motorcycle riding (iron butt type things)

I was on the Family Values Tour for a month

I hold a glider license rating and several advanced scuba certs

I also don't think I am anything special.

Supposed to be 170+ IQ AND can lick your eyebrows sir. Ask Mr Cobb;)

170+ is pretty damn impressive though.

Still hold the record at my second high school for the 400M relay. Has stood since 1984. :cool:

Would that be called a milk run? :ROFLMAO:

I've been in movies, and music videos. I've toured the world with a fairly well known rock band. Otherwise, I'm pretty average.

What band would that have been?

About the only thing I can think of was that I was an extra in a Farm Fresh dairy commercial in college. Skipped a class during filming AND was paid $25. big time, I know.

Looks like Mr Cobb tore into the good stash last night, lol!
Supposed to be 170+ IQ AND can lick your eyebrows sir. Ask Mr Cobb;)

170+ is pretty damn impressive though.

😂 It’s nothing like that! I had to have some corrective surgeries when I was a child. I couldn’t stick my tongue out or really use it. The doctor clipped that little piece of skin under the tongue after I was born, but that didn’t help. So, when I was around 4, I had two surgeries to fix the palate on my lower jaw. So, now I talk kinda funny.

I have a significant anxiety disorder yet host a podcast that thousands listen to and provide feedback on.

Good on you! I could never do that, and I don’t really have anxiety. Just a brain that works quicker than my mouth, so the two aren’t often in tune, lol.

I was in the Catholic seminary for 5+ years.
I sat next to Reggie Jackson's duffel bag on a flight from Orange County to Dallas once.
I got to play in the Pro-Ams for the Toshiba Senior Classic in 1996 and 2001, playing with Bob Eastwood, Hubert Green, Larry Mowry and J.C. Snead.

I burned down a barnyard when I was 9 years old playing with matches.

Would that be called a milk run? :ROFLMAO:

What band would that have been?

About the only thing I can think of was that I was an extra in a Farm Fresh dairy commercial in college. Skipped a class during filming AND was paid $25. big time, I know.
I grew up with and am still close with the guys in Black Stone Cherry. They've had some success on US radio but they're really successful in the UK. I used to ride along on weekend runs, and for a couple of weeks during summer tours. I haven't been on the road since my little dude has been born.

Weird fact about me is that I was and I believe still am the youngest HS Varsity head coach in Philadelphia history.

I graduated HS at 17 years of age and when the HS Tennis coach left I applied and was hired by Father Judge HS to be the head coach. HS boys tennis plays in the spring, so I had just turned 18.

Weird fact about me is that I was and I believe still am the youngest HS Varsity head coach in Philadelphia history.

I graduated HS at 17 years of age and when the HS Tennis coach left I applied and was hired by Father Judge HS to be the head coach. HS boys tennis plays in the spring, so I had just turned 18.

Cool. I’ve been “the youngest” in company history a few times, which was pretty cool in its own way. Especially since now I’m 41 and getting too old to promote much, not that I want that right now anyways.

I have two different colour eyes

Back