Weird Fact About You

Smiter

Dunce Cap For A Bit
Reaction score
Handicap
Throw out the weird unbelievable thing you did/can do. I’ll start....

Back in High School I was a state qualifying pole vaulter. I held my school record for many years. Anyone that’s seen me lately knows I’d need a telephone pole now. I’m not a small human.

I earned 16 sports letters in highschool. 4 each in football, basketball, baseball, and track.

Track was the toughest since it was run at the same time as baseball. My baseball coach wanted me to give up track, and wouldn't let me miss any baseball practice. Luckily I owned 3rd base, and a high batting average for him. He grudgingly allowed me some track time.

Weird thing I was thinking along the lines of 11 toes or something like that(which I don’t have btw😀)

Throw out the weird unbelievable thing you did/can do. I’ll start....

Back in High School I was a state qualifying pole vaulter. I held my school record for many years. Anyone that’s seen me lately knows I’d need a telephone pole now. I’m not a small human.

Not nearly as great an accomplishment at that, or likely many of the other things listed, but I qualified for the WV State Track and Field Championship in my Junior (first for me) year of track in the 800m run. I wasn't fast, by any measure, but I ended up running a 2:07 800m in the state meet... and came in 15th of 16. The winner ran a 1:54, I think. I don't care what anyone say, that 800m run is the hardest race out there (in T&F). It's basically a sprint for nearly 1/2 mile.

Lettered twice in tennis in college even though I didn't start playing tennis competitively until college. Walked on (and made team) because I had a massive crush on a gal on the women's tennis team. Worked. Married her. And it turned out I could play some tennis.

Not nearly as great an accomplishment at that, or likely many of the other things listed, but I qualified for the WV State Track and Field Championship in my Junior (first for me) year of track in the 800m run. I wasn't fast, by any measure, but I ended up running a 2:07 800m in the state meet... and came in 15th of 16. The winner ran a 1:54, I think. I don't care what anyone say, that 800m run is the hardest race out there (in T&F). It's basically a sprint for nearly 1/2 mile.

I disagree. Before I could do track “my way” I had to run the 400 a few times. That IS a sprint. State winning times are sub 47 seconds. I could do it in a minute, then puke. My senior year (spring here so I was almost done) my asst track coach came in to the weight room and told me to get out and run. I asked him if he wanted my 10 points every meet in pole vault or he wanted me to get thrown off the team, because if he didn’t leave me alone, I’d force him to throw me off.

I did NOT like that guy. He went storming out to the head coach and the head coach came in and told me I didn’t have to run but asked me to be nicer to him. Ok, can deal. I’d already told him I only wanted to pole vault that season, but if he needed me on the 4x100 I’d do that for him.

Anything beyond 100 meters I hated. But I ran them all at one point or another and I hated the 400 the most.

I held the Manitoba 60m sprint record when I was 12 years old (I think that is how old I was at the time).

Lasted I believe 3 years. Wearing junky hightops lol. 1st in the 60m, 2nd in the 100m, 3rd in the 200m. Quick..... but no stamina lol.

I stayed at a Holiday Inn once. Really that is about it. I’m not very exciting.

I speak Mandarin Chinese and I am a 6’2” white dude. Lived in Taiwan and China for a few years.

Always blew their minds when I would start speaking with them.

Last edited:
I have exceeded my life expectancy by 24 years and counting.

Still hold the record at my second high school for the 400M relay. Has stood since 1984. :cool:

I've been in movies, and music videos. I've toured the world with a fairly well known rock band. Otherwise, I'm pretty average.

old, bald and smell like cigars, maybe a touch grouchy, otherwise very average

I quit work in the late 80's and became an on-air radio personality in Country Radio. Worked as a DJ on the air full and part time for 12 years in Oklahoma and Central Virginia while in the Air Force Reserves. You may have heard my voice on a commercial or two in the 80's and 90's.

I was the first (and still the only) person to have thrown a 180 on the airside operations dartboard at Heathrow!!!! And for U.K. people, I was in the audience of Top Of The Pops in 1992, Shakespeare’s Sister were number 1.

I disagree. Before I could do track “my way” I had to run the 400 a few times. That IS a sprint. State winning times are sub 47 seconds. I could do it in a minute, then puke. My senior year (spring here so I was almost done) my asst track coach came in to the weight room and told me to get out and run. I asked him if he wanted my 10 points every meet in pole vault or he wanted me to get thrown off the team, because if he didn’t leave me alone, I’d force him to throw me off.

I did NOT like that guy. He went storming out to the head coach and the head coach came in and told me I didn’t have to run but asked me to be nicer to him. Ok, can deal. I’d already told him I only wanted to pole vault that season, but if he needed me on the 4x100 I’d do that for him.

Anything beyond 100 meters I hated. But I ran them all at one point or another and I hated the 400 the most.

I dunno. I ran a few 400's, too. I can't remember my best, but I think it was just under a minutes. Now, imagine doing two 1:03.5's in the 400... without stopping. It's a stupid fast pace.

Former British national champion gymnast when I was younger

I was once a sponsored wakeboarder (small time local stuff). But could do a number of inverts and spins (ie. 540, 720).

Oooh here’s a good one. I’ve ridden the emergency slide from the side of a jetliner (during an actual emergency). There’s a YouTube video out there and I can point myself out.

According to the shuttle bus driver and our caddies I am the only person in the world who has played the new Sheep Ranch course at Bandon who isn’t absolutely in love with it.

Back