Scorp

Lacking competent adult supervision
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
TL;DR New putter on the way.

Blah, Blah, Blah...

So I went on the hunt for a new putter. While I'd like to be like Fairwaynut and be a Bettinardi fan, that's too much $$$$. And I'm not that fond of a lot of their designs.
I don't like Scotty Cameron putters either. Too much $$$ for what they offer.
The same goes for SWAG, American Putter Company, and a lot of other custom/ semi-custom putter makers I can't remember right now.:LOL:

I'm not fond of Anser style putter heads (it's a thing with me and goes back a few decades. They all look the same and are almost always the same color:sick:)... but I like to think I've got an open mind and wouldn't say NEVER to an Anser style putter. I knew there was one out there that would appeal to my eye and I just had to find it... and seeing the thread with the restoration of a Scotty Cameron putter head by Space Bandito pushed me over the fence to go find one. Well that, and having my 10'x10' indoor/ outdoor carpet in my garage laid out as a putting green.:cool:

I'd heard great things about Anser style putters by: Cleveland, Mizuno (that blue is awesome), Tour Edge, and Odyssey... especially the Stroke Lab and Toulon offerings... and having looked at all of their offerings, the only ones that caught my eye were Odyssey. I liked the Odyssey O-works but finding a lefty, 35" putter... yeah. That ain't happening.:rolleyes:

Then, cruising ebay I found an unbelievably low price on an Odyssey Stroke Lab One 2019. I've heard great things about the Stroke Lab putters here. So, looking at the sellers name Callaway Preowned Golf or something like that, I wound up going to CallawayPreowned and getting a new putter. It should be here in a few days.

can't wait to see it

Nice pickup - enjoyed my time with SL putters

Give us some feedback after it arrives.

I own a SL 2019 #1 and really like it.

Should be a great putter for you.

You'll love it, SL1 is an absolute money maker

Hope it rolls well for you, sir!!!

I appreciate the comments and am looking forward to the club arriving. It's nice to be moving to current instead of using old.:D

Congrats.

But once CPO has been found, it cannot be unfound. You’ve been warned.

Love both of my SL putters. I don't see ever going away from them.

Congrats.

But once CPO has been found, it cannot be unfound. You’ve been warned.
EH, I found it a long time ago. You just gotta be too cheap to buy stuff and you'll make it through.

EH, I found it a long time ago. You just gotta be too cheap to buy stuff and you'll make it through.

Or house poor after a divorce. Hasn’t been much action in my bag this year for sure, lol.

Bought a driver for 60.00 because I wanted the shaft, that was it for me.

Did buy the munchkin a Stroke Lab putter and an Epic Flash 3w, but he has a chance for golf to pay for some or all of college so his bag comes before mine for now.

Which SL putter? Love my Marxman and EXO Marxman. Contemplating picking up another one day.

Love my EFSZ 3wd and 5wd, too. Thinking of getting an EF 7wd and 9wd. Wish they made them in SZ, but they don't.

Nice @Scorpion12! If you weren't a south paw I would have sent you a nice one to play around with. But, you're not, so I'm not. We have to get together one day for a round.

I gamed the Double Wide and have a Ten, but I've not used it yet. CPO has great deals, even when there's no sale. At the sale prices, it's almost rude not to buy something.

Which SL putter? Love my Marxman and EXO Marxman. Contemplating picking up another one day.

Love my EFSZ 3wd and 5wd, too. Thinking of getting an EF 7wd and 9wd. Wish they made them in SZ, but they don't.

I’m not 100% but it’s a Marxman of some sort. It’s in Jr’s bag, I got my Cameron back and he likes that one better. Win/win.

I bought it on here, checked my PM’s with the seller and neither of us mentioned anything other than “Odyssey Putter”.

I’m not 100% but it’s a Marxman of some sort. It’s in Jr’s bag, I got my Cameron back and he likes that one better. Win/win.

I bought it on here, checked my PM’s with the seller and neither of us mentioned anything other than “Odyssey Putter”.
It's all good. The Marxman and Marxman EXO I've played were both money. My little girl games the OG now and I have the EXO in my bag.

It's all good. The Marxman and Marxman EXO I've played were both money. My little girl games the OG now and I have the EXO in my bag.

I think it’s the EXO (95%) but I could be wrong. My mental capacity isn’t exactly 100% right now. Stupid meds. This isn’t something I’d normally forget.

The one I got was a 1. I'm not liking the double-wide... they just don't look good to me.

Nice @Scorpion12! If you weren't a south paw I would have sent you a nice one to play around with. But, you're not, so I'm not. We have to get together one day for a round.

It's all good. I appreciate the sentiment. A round of golf sounds like fun(y)

I think it’s the EXO (95%) but I could be wrong. My mental capacity isn’t exactly 100% right now. Stupid meds. This isn’t something I’d normally forget.
I'm not liking the 7 but the exo... there's something about it that I like... that would be on a ponder list for me...

Is it red?

Hope if works for you.

Back