Were You Fit For Your Current Driver?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is not a thread on whether one thinks they should or shouldn't be fit, just a simple question about the driver currently in your bag.

Did a Callaway distance fitting to choose the shaft and head I’m currently using. Was very pleased with the results because a Club Champion fitting didn’t do enough to kick the driver from my bag.

Nope. Not this time. I was sick when my Titleist Thursday fitting was scheduled. So Mrs. Nut bought me the TSi2 as a Xmas present. So I have the stock PX shaft with it but I just took out my Attas COOOL shaft from my TS2 (y)

No, I was not fit.

Not really--unless you count an over-the-phone "fitting" by a CPO rep.

How I got where I am with my driver (Reader's Digest condensed version): I was gifted a bag o' clubs. The driver was horrible. I found a like new X2 Hot 10.5° with an R-flex shaft locally for a great price. It worked well for me, but, after reading all the rave reviews for the Max Max drivers, and having the Apple Cash to pay for it, I bought one :)

negative

I was not fit for the current driver in my bag

No I was not

Yes.

I was for for a Titleist TS3 with a Project X Evenflow White shaft. I was given a Big Betha B21 (thanks :thp: ) and I put that same shaft in that driver and it performed amazing. I guess the answer is sort of.

I was fit a couple weeks ago for the one I'll play this year. My driver from last season I was not.

No fitting for current driver.

Nope

I was fit for my driver. It is a component driver, built from various parts. The fitting was more for shaft length, and flex.

The low profile, square driver head was chosen for less swing resistance.

A generic grip was chosen, and the club was completed.

In fact, all my fairway clubs (3w-7w) were fitted the same way, and are component clubs.

No. I went looking for a shallow face height and a JDM model from about 8 years ago was the most shallow one I could find.

No

Yes, Driver as well as the full bag, with exception of hybrids.

Yes

Not a thorough fitting, but yes.

My next driver, absolutely yes.

I was fit for a driver at CC, but none of the new models (tried about 10) gave me any advantage over my very old Nike, so I passed. Subsequently I bought the W-S Cortex just to match my iron set and even that one is no better than the old one, so I now have a spare.

Yep - 2nd Swing did the fitting. It was amazing to see the number differences between my original M1 and my new Mavrik SZ. He tried to upsell me on a better shaft (Ventus Black) in which I thought was ludicrous to pay that much.... and then I just bought the shaft a few weeks ago after learning more about the differences in shafts.

Sorta...

Nope, even though its probably the most beneficial club to be fit for.

Back