Were You Fit For Your Current Driver?

Happened to be looking at drivers when the New England Mizuno rep came into the shop. He took me out to the range with a ST200 10 1/2° head still in the wrapper and 7 R flex shafts he had in his van and he had me go through a medium size bucket of balls while he blind swapped shafts. No monitor, just his eyes watching ball flight and him looking at the impact marks on the head. Settled on the Tensei Orange after seeing about 20 yards gain in distance and the tightest dispersion. Ended up buying it as a used demo for $249.50 🙂

Nope. Most accurate I've ever driven the ball consistently.

No. I was fit for a driver, but not using that one. I really should go back and get fit again and see if I can force feed that Cobra Radspeed driver in my bag. I currently play the Cobra SpeedZone now and the Radspeed is tugging on me big time.

Not sure the few minutes spent with the driver at ECPC during #TheGrandaddy 2018 can truly count as a "driver fitting". So "sort of".

Yes. I detailed that journey in the Ping G400 Max thread, but here is a TLDR summary:

Tried Callaway Rogue, TM M4, Cobra F8, and G400 Max at a local golf center. Sales guy/pro was pushing the M4 hard, but we went to their Toptracer and the G400 Max advantage was indisputable. Came back two days later and repeated the test with the same outcome. Then we tested the stock shaft against the low cost upgrades, and found the shaft I'm playing gave signifcantly better dispersion with minimal loss of distance.

I would use a similar process again.

I was fit for a new shaft in my existing driver.

No, I was not fit for my driver, nor have I ever been fit for a driver; irons yes, woods no.

I hit a few drivers on an indoor simulator but that was it. This was a few years back, before I knew anything about different shaft profiles. I suspect that I am right in between the PX 6.0 flex I have now and a 6.5 (potentially in lighter weight), so nailing that down will be my focus if I ever circle back. I am also finding that I much prefer the feel of the non-CB Smoke Black in my new 3W and would be open to swapping out the Yellow/CB flavor in driver.

No, bought off the rack

did go to Golf Galaxy and the dude there watched me hit a few shots, said the shaft was good for me and tweaked the loft to help lessen my fade

Not the driver but the shaft was part of a fitting for another driver.

No, but I will be in a couple weeks

When it finally arrives, yes. USPS sucks!

Sort of.
I went to a Ping fitting at Papago just before the G410 release.
I went to get fitted for a G400, and also hit the 410, but they didn't have many shafts for the new heads yet, so I only got to try the Tensei Orange 60 and the Ping Tour 65 in the 410.
That couldn't beat the G400 with HZRDUS Yellow 76 5.5 in distance or dispersion.
Still playing the 400, and have tried other shafts ( Atmos Blue 60 TS, HZRDUS Yellow Smoke 60 5.5).
TBH, the heavier Yellow probably works best, but lacks feel, and I hit the Smoke almost as well, but quite a bit higher launch and a bit worse on the dispersion.
Want to get fitted this year and try multiple OEM's. Ping, Titleist, Cally have me interested.

No, and I should have because I know better.

Not fitted.

Lucky to have stumbled into something that I believe suits my game well....... but could be completely wrong.

Yes. I've been fit for pretty much everything at a local independent trackman studio. Guy really knows what he's doing.

went to PXG Chicago and got fit for the Proto w/ tensei pro orange. Focusing on the one head let us play with hosel settings and moveable weights a lot easier and more in depth

I walked away from there feeling it was the most dialed in ive ever been with a driver and it translated to the course

Not really. lol. Kind of but not really

No

Nope

Nope...not my current driver.

Back