Westchester or Putnam County NY

Ss12108

Reaction score
Handicap
Any members here from Westchester or Putnam? What courses do you typically play?

I live in Westchester. I mostly play the 6 Westchester County courses. If I want to go a step up I'll play Centennial Golf Club. Also have have played The Garrison, West Point, Beekman, Casperkill and a couple others. But typically it's the County courses and Centennial.

I live in Westchester. I mostly play the 6 Westchester County courses. If I want to go a step up I'll play Centennial Golf Club. Also have have played The Garrison, West Point, Beekman, Casperkill and a couple others. But typically it's the County courses and Centennial.

I'm playing Centennial on Friday morning actually. I honestly think that condition wise, its the best of all of them.

Where do you seem to have the best luck with a decent round, time wise? I am getting KILLED with 4.5 to 5 hour rounds consistently lately, sometimes sitting on the tee box for 15 minutes just to wait another 10 to take my second shot. Its hurting my game...takes me out of any rhythm I may have lol.

I'm playing Centennial on Friday morning actually. I honestly think that condition wise, its the best of all of them.

Where do you seem to have the best luck with a decent round, time wise? I am getting KILLED with 4.5 to 5 hour rounds consistently lately, sometimes sitting on the tee box for 15 minutes just to wait another 10 to take my second shot. Its hurting my game...takes me out of any rhythm I may have lol.

I'm a teacher so I play a lot during the week and honestly have found a lot of the courses to be moving quite well this year. The County courses down county seem to move a little slower then the more northern ones. I also played Centennial earlier this week late morning and by about the 3rd or 4th hole we cruised without having to wait at all.

I'm a teacher so I play a lot during the week and honestly have found a lot of the courses to be moving quite well this year. The County courses down county seem to move a little slower then the more northern ones. I also played Centennial earlier this week late morning and by about the 3rd or 4th hole we cruised without having to wait at all.

Centennial has been the best for me. Putnam County GC is actually very well kept now but man the rounds even during the week are BRUTAL.

Where do you teach? I live in West Harrison now but I'm about to go in contract in a house in Harrison. Been somewhere in WC my whole life.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I teach in NYC.

I agree about Putnam, that place is brutally slow. I gave up on it years ago because it was so slow.

For the County courses, this year I found the perfect tee time slot. I've been making times for around 10:00ish. It's after the early birds but before the afternoon rush of people taking half days and trying to get some of the deals that kick in. I've found that around this time is a bit of a dead period on the County courses and you can get rounds in at about 4 hours.

I teach in NYC.

I agree about Putnam, that place is brutally slow. I gave up on it years ago because it was so slow.

For the County courses, this year I found the perfect tee time slot. I've been making times for around 10:00ish. It's after the early birds but before the afternoon rush of people taking half days and trying to get some of the deals that kick in. I've found that around this time is a bit of a dead period on the County courses and you can get rounds in at about 4 hours.

I'll have to try that. We've started rounds at Putnam with no one in sight in front of us, but next thing you know we get to #4 and we're waiting for 2 groups. They really fixed the course up nice, but they don't send a ranger out, and they seem to be letting ANYONE on the course. They list a dress code online, but I've had numerous rounds behind guys in work boots, jean shorts, and a tee shirt. I'm no snob by any measure, BUT you have to assume guys showing up to the course like that aren't going to recognize proper pace of play regardless of skill level and shouldn't be allowed out like that.

Back