Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

amsmith61

Reaction score
Handicap
Over the last month we have had some fantastic outings - Arrowhead, Mill Creek and Conklin Players Club. Miss Kitty has moved from house to house - no innuendos suggested. Now as we enter the winter months (gulp), we need to continue to keep in contact regarding future outings, our off-season work, rounds of golf, talk story and rubbing it in with updates on trips to warmer climates. Our group of fellow THPers now scans all across New York and it only seems fitting that the thread recognizes that fact.

Looking forward to the conversation.

zeququ3a.jpg

Well that didn't work. Tried to bring over all of the pictures from today's round and got one of them. Oh well.

Aaron and Jimmy, Good idea on the new thread...subscribed.

Aaron and Jimmy, Good idea on the new thread...subscribed.

Seemed like a no brainer once we started talking about it. I am hoping that the weather turns around after this week and lets us get to Hickory Stick, but things aren't looking good right now.

Got some good lag there, now get that left elbow tight :)

Been working on it, but I think my baseball days are going to fight me until the end of time.

Seemed like a no brainer once we started talking about it. I am hoping that the weather turns around after this week and lets us get to Hickory Stick, but things aren't looking good right now.

I know, just looked at the 10 day forecast and pretty much cold and rain off and on. Maybe we'll get lucky. Keep that weekend open just in case.

Big fan of this thread. "Thruway Series" sounds fun for 2014!

it was a cool crisp fall day at salmon creek cc in western new york, 10-22-13, the gaunlet had been thrown down, i took the challege. 14 clubs at 2 pm for 18 holes of match play, it was a classic head to head duel, back and forth, down one, down two, back to even, the crowd was on edge , taking pics of the classic duel ( six4three5 was the crowd due to recent gall bladder surgery, and driving my cart ) watching me go one up, then two up, my short game keeping me in the hard fought battle to the very end. final score, Maddog 2 and one over amsmith61. some of the most fun playing golf this year, thanks aaron

Hey guys,this is a great idea! I like Petes"Thruway Series" idea. Aaron and Jim,thank you for expanding our limits. This could turn into an epic group!

Boom in the new thread and subscribed. Did anyone let a mod know to close the old one so there is no confusion with possible new members?

Boom in the new thread and subscribed. Did anyone let a mod know to close the old one so there is no confusion with possible new members?

Have not said anything to the mods yet..

Thruway Series is a great name. Maybe next year we can start an actual Thruway Series thread to track our stats and pictures of our get togethers. That'd be pretty neat I think.

it was a cool crisp fall day at salmon creek cc in western new york, 10-22-13, the gaunlet had been thrown down, i took the challege. 14 clubs at 2 pm for 18 holes of match play, it was a classic head to head duel, back and forth, down one, down two, back to even, the crowd was on edge , taking pics of the classic duel ( six4three5 was the crowd due to recent gall bladder surgery, and driving my cart ) watching me go one up, then two up, my short game keeping me in the hard fought battle to the very end. final score, Maddog 2 and one over amsmith61. some of the most fun playing golf this year, thanks aaron

Mike - I had an absolute blast with the match play yesterday. If I didn't lose the putting touch on the back nine, we might have gone sudden death. Considering that wind and that course set up to pretty much play from the tips - I thought we played pretty well yesterday.

I think next year we should have a one day 36 hole event with 4 guys for match play. Two rounds, two different golf courses and winners of first 2 matches, play each other in the second round. The guy who finishes in 3rd pays for drinks afterwards and the guy who finishes in 4th pays for dinner.

Mike - I had an absolute blast with the match play yesterday. If I didn't lose the putting touch on the back nine, we might have gone sudden death. Considering that wind and that course set up to pretty much play from the tips - I thought we played pretty well yesterday.

I think next year we should have a one day 36 hole event with 4 guys for match play. Two rounds, two different golf courses and winners of first 2 matches, play each other in the second round. The guy who finishes in 3rd pays for drinks afterwards and the guy who finishes in 4th pays for dinner.

I'm game for that! With dinner being pretty pricey depending on where we'd go I think we'd have to play full handicap on that one.

I'm game for that! With dinner being pretty pricey depending on where we'd go I think we'd have to play full handicap on that one.

Absolutely and we will keep it reasonable. Like a burger at a local bar/ restaurant afterwards. Not a trip a Rick's Prime Rib House. :)

Good idea. How about this: 4 THPers from each Thruway major area (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse/Watertown/Utica, and Albany) competing in a two day event, format yet to be determined. Some kind of trophy ( a serious one) would have to be involved.

We could rotate it between areas year-to-year.

Just a thought.

Good idea. How about this: 4 THPers from each Thruway major area (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse/Watertown/Utica, and Albany) competing in a two day event, format yet to be determined. Some kind of trophy ( a serious one) would have to be involved.

We could rotate it between areas year-to-year.

Just a thought.

I like that too! Although I think it might be easier to do 2 man teams at this point. 2 man teams compete over the couple of days and lowest teams have to pony up for drinks and dinner. That way you guys won't have to fight over who gets Maddog! Lol!!!

If these ideas keep multiplying we'll be a "Mini Tour"! Now we need some sponsers. I like the input to the formats.
Having so many cities to opt from gives a great variety of players and courses,keep up the good work! Just don't forget about me!

If these ideas keep multiplying we'll be a "Mini Tour"! Now we need some sponsers. I like the input to the formats.
Having so many cities to opt from gives a great variety of players and courses,keep up the good work! Just don't forget about me!

You and Andy could never be forgotten!!

Maddog and I were talking, what are your guys's thoughts on a I-90 only "crying towel"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back