Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played Blue Heron Hills in our league golf tournament yesterday. I have had trouble all year getting off the tee, and the start of yesterday was no exception. I can't tell you why I did this, but on the 5th hole, I started choking down on the woods about 1/2 inch. What a difference, I was creaming the ball off the tee after that, and came within 15 yards or so of winning the longest drive.

Sadly to say, the greens were awful. Dead spots, inconsistent speeds and lumpy. And the traps were not much better. This used to be a premium golf course, but no more. Ended up shooting 49-47/96 on a difficult layout (with a birdie on the par 5 17th) , 3-putting at least 8 or 9 times. One of my better rounds of the year.

Played Blue Heron Hills in our league golf tournament yesterday. I have had trouble all year getting off the tee, and the start of yesterday was no exception. I can't tell you why I did this, but on the 5th hole, I started choking down on the woods about 1/2 inch. What a difference, I was creaming the ball off the tee after that, and came within 15 yards or so of winning the longest drive.

Sadly to say, the greens were awful. Dead spots, inconsistent speeds and lumpy. And the traps were not much better. This used to be a premium golf course, but no more. Ended up shooting 49-47/96 on a difficult layout (with a birdie on the par 5 17th) , 3-putting at least 8 or 9 times. One of my better rounds of the year.
He's alive!

Missed you last weekend Jim.

He's alive!

Missed you last weekend Jim.

I was sunning myself on the shoreline of Keuka Lake. Vodka was involved. It was a perfect vacation. :banana:

I was sunning myself on the shoreline of Keuka Lake. Vodka was involved. It was a perfect vacation. :banana:
After spending 4 straight years on the shores of Keuka Lake (Keuka College), I'm sad to say I haven't been back. I LOVE Keuka lake....and vodka. Did you play Keuka Lake Country Club at all? I played it all the time in college, and it was decent, I'm curious what it's like now...?

Got out with the wife today. Played Audubon Golf Course in Amherst. Absolutely perfect day for golf!

Par 3, wife in the bunker. That's my tee shot. Missed the birdie putt.

Nice to have you back in the area Jim! Definitely need to get a few rounds in before the season is over!

Andy! Very nice pictures! Looks like you had a good day with the Wifey!

Maddog, Chubbs (Derrick) and myself got out to Batavia today. Maddog and I will be joining there next year. They give a deal if you pay in full between Sept 12th and December 31st they let you play the rest of year for free and next year. It's so much nicer than LeRoy it's not even funny. I'm excited. Playing there the last 2 days has got me really excited and kind of re-energized me as far as my motivation for golf goes.

Nice to have you back in the area Jim! Definitely need to get a few rounds in before the season is over!

Andy! Very nice pictures! Looks like you had a good day with the Wifey!

Maddog, Chubbs (Derrick) and myself got out to Batavia today. Maddog and I will be joining there next year. They give a deal if you pay in full between Sept 12th and December 31st they let you play the rest of year for free and next year. It's so much nicer than LeRoy it's not even funny. I'm excited. Playing there the last 2 days has got me really excited and kind of re-energized me as far as my motivation for golf goes.

I like Batavia CC, they treat you right there. Love the back to back par 5s to start off.

I like Batavia CC, they treat you right there. Love the back to back par 5s to start off.

Outside of Myrtle Beach they have the best greens I've played on all year. And it's not even close.

Outside of Myrtle Beach they have the best greens I've played on all year. And it's not even close.

I haven't played there yet this year. I may have to take a ride out.

FYI to anyone interested, Peak n Peek has a 2 for 1 deal on their website which gets you the upper course for $50 per person if you have a buddy. And then you can take on the lower course with a $25 replay rate. Both courses were in excellent condition. The lower courses greens were rolling P U R E ! Deal may be up soon.

How's everyone's schedules looking for the weekend of the 20th and 21st? Thinking we should start planning another little get together. I need to get some time in with Jim!

How's everyone's schedules looking for the weekend of the 20th and 21st? Thinking we should start planning another little get together. I need to get some time in with Jim!
Buy some skis.....

I have a local tournament that Saturday, but I hope you guys can get something together out there and have some fun!

Have a family reunion on one of those days. I'll confirm which. I should be good for the other.

Have a family reunion on one of those days. I'll confirm which. I should be good for the other.

Sounds good buddy. Just lemme know. Maybe we can shoot for Batavia CC or Arrowhead, I'd definitely like another shot at that course.

am working 3pm to 7pm on the 20th

Sounds good buddy. Just lemme know. Maybe we can shoot for Batavia CC or Arrowhead, I'd definitely like another shot at that course.

I was thinking the same thing.

Buy some skis.....

I have a local tournament that Saturday, but I hope you guys can get something together out there and have some fun!

I haven't figured out if you're being sarcastic or just really want me to teach you how to ski.

I am on call that weekend but should be able to sneak away for a round of golf.

I haven't figured out if you're being sarcastic or just really want me to teach you how to ski.

I am on call that weekend but should be able to sneak away for a round of golf.
I'm in for both. I'm dying to learn how to ski.

I asked earlier, but has anyone ever play Royal Niagara in southern Ontario? Playing there this Sunday.

I'm in for both. I'm dying to learn how to ski.

Whenever you want. I can teach you the basics in 15 minutes. The rest is a lifetime of improvement and perfection.

Whenever you want. I can teach you the basics in 15 minutes. The rest is a lifetime of improvement and perfection.

Sounds like golf minus that perfection part :)

Shot 47-48 at Deerfield South/East today. Not bad for me. My 3 hybrid pulled me out of some bad spots and the putting was spot on today.

Sounds like u played pretty good.....for a skier....lol

I asked earlier, but has anyone ever play Royal Niagara in southern Ontario? Playing there this Sunday.

How was it buddy? I've never played there nice track?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back