Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was it buddy? I've never played there nice track?

It was really nice...tough though. You would have enjoyed the challenge. It has 27 holes. We played the Escarpment and Old Canal 9s.

See looks like she has a great swing!! Course looked to be in great shape huh? Looks lush!!

See looks like she has a great swing!! Course looked to be in great shape huh? Looks lush!!

She has a nicer looking swing than me but she struggled today. She packed it in on 13 and I had a chauffeur the last 5 holes :)
Rain yesterday had the traps a little wet but otherwise the course was in great shape. Tough greens and not especially large.

I Have league play on Saturday and a charity tournament Sunday, then next weekend is west palm beachhhhh

Got out to Sweetland Pines yesterday with Amanda for a little par 3 action. I shot 1 over 28. 8 pars 1 bogey. Amanda shot 12 over 40. Nice day to play!

pypage9y.jpg

4a9esesa.jpg

ra3yjubu.jpg

vezeqybu.jpg

40 is pretty good. She almost ready for Batavia CC? Your 28 is ok too I guess :)

40 is pretty good. She almost ready for Batavia CC? Your 28 is ok too I guess :)

Haha she would be fine at BCC I think. She just loves the shorter holes. If she could chip she would have been mid to high 30's easy.

Haha she would be fine at BCC I think. She just loves the shorter holes. If she could chip she would have been mid to high 30's easy.
Sounds familiar. I must need new wedges.....

Sounds familiar. I must need new wedges.....

Lol! You'll get there buddy. Once you can trust yourself to take a divot you'll be fine.

How's everyone's schedules looking for the weekend of the 20th and 21st? Thinking we should start planning another little get together. I need to get some time in with Jim!

Jimmy, looks like this weekend isn't gonna work for me. Have a daycare picnic Saturday and family one on Sunday. Weather is looking a little iffy for this weekend too.

Gonna get out Friday somewhere. I think a lot of people have the same idea. Lot of courses are booked solid.

Last edited:
Thanks for all that played and kept with it. Aaron, thanks for the duos. I've already lost most of them :)

Thanks for all that played and kept with it. Aaron, thanks for the duos. I've already lost most of them :)

I even got you yellow duos to help you!! ;-)

I even got you yellow duos to help you!! ;-)

They didn't help. That course had a lot of trouble and I let Karin use a couple sleeves. I was able to see one deep in the woods I had no intention of getting though :)

next year, just wait till next year!!!!!

So Peter, do you know any nice courses along the 87, maybe a bit further north than Saratoga? and when will you be available? I assume not this weekend

So Peter, do you know any nice courses along the 87, maybe a bit further north than Saratoga? and when will you be available? I assume not this weekend
I'll get back to you on this. The first two courses that come to mind are Bay Meadows and Hiland Park in Queensbury/Glens Falls, but there only about 1/2 hour closer to you than Saratoga.

Ticonderoga Country Club is the only other one I've played that far north, and it's a bit of a cow pasture, and still 2.5 hours from Montreal.

I'll get back to you on this. The first two courses that come to mind are Bay Meadows and Hiland Park in Queensbury/Glens Falls, but there only about 1/2 hour closer to you than Saratoga.

Ticonderoga Country Club is the only other one I've played that far north, and it's a bit of a cow pasture, and still 2.5 hours from Montreal.

I dont mind the 2.5 hour drive, but I'm not a fan of a cow pasture.

Hmmm...it appears that Lake Placid is 2 hours 8 minutes from Montreal, and 2 hours 10 minutes from Albany. There are a few nice courses in that area (my favorite being Craig Wood) and one that I haven't played yet (the Whiteface Club).

Hmmm...it appears that Lake Placid is 2 hours 8 minutes from Montreal, and 2 hours 10 minutes from Albany. There are a few nice courses in that area (my favorite being Craig Wood) and one that I haven't played yet (the Whiteface Club).

I like that area, but never golfed there. that sounds like a good compromise.

any other THPer interested? Dean?

How's everyone doing?! We gotta get out a few more times before the snow comes!! I know these weekend is bad for me but the 12th-13th are looking pretty open!

How's everyone doing?! We gotta get out a few more times before the snow comes!! I know these weekend is bad for me but the 12th-13th are looking pretty open!

I think I might be able to make that work. Depending on who's in, maybe Arrowhead or The Links at Ivy Ridge this time(?).

I think I might be able to make that work. Depending on who's in, maybe Arrowhead or The Links at Ivy Ridge this time(?).
I am in, but can you move either of those courses closer to me? ;-)

Wish i could join you guys - have fun!

Maybe depending on the day. BTW, I am playing Oak Hill on the 20th as a free guest of my girlfriend!

Maybe depending on the day. BTW, I am playing Oak Hill on the 20th as a free guest of my girlfriend!

From what I could tell this past weekend, she's smart, funny, attractive...and gets you on Oak Hill. She's a keeper Matt.

From what I could tell this past weekend, she's smart, funny, attractive...and gets you on Oak Hill. She's a keeper Matt.

She is definitely buddy, thank you. Great seeing you again and hopefully we get out before the snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back