Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, I think it's around 31/2-4 hours for me, but I'm not 100% certain.
From the TD Garden to Albany can be done in two hours.

How was Oak Hill?

I'd definitely be down for 1 or 2 more. Hopefully we can sneak something in, in the first weeks of November.

I was able to play the East course and it was immaculate. The fairways were perfect with manicured 2 cuts of rough, the sand was soft even though it rained the previous day, and the greens were FAST(!!!). The greens had been aerated at some point, but the way they did it you couldn't even tell. The ball was rolling on them like carpet and checking up on chips like it was summer. I noticed by the second hole that there weren't really any leaves on the ground, which obviously doesn't make sense, but then I noticed the grounds crew was leaf blowing the entire course. The course was beautiful with all the fall colored leaves and the weather was pretty cold but manageable. I shot a 104, which I am OK with since there was the weather factor and that I haven't touched a club in at least two weeks. I was splitting fairways (really narrow) and putting was OK. Almost Birdied hole 17 par 5 but came away with a par, hit 57% fairways, 37 putts, only 1 water penalty on the Par 3 hole 15 and one sand shot on hole 2. It took a little while to get used to the greens but honestly the course was easier than I thought it would be. If I played it in early Septemeber I honestly think I could have shot low 90's. It is definitely a fun course to play and each hole has it's own challenges, nothing is boring or cliche about the design.

Here is a couple pictures

Attachments

• oakhill1.jpg
    oakhill1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 0
  • oakhill 2.jpg
    oakhill 2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 0
Looks nice buddy.

So insanely jealous Matt. I'm glad you enjoyed it buddy. Thanks for snapping a few pictures.

Man I am super jealous about you playing Oak Hill

The every course should look !

The every course should look !

I think you mean how every course should look pop, that being said not every course has a lot $100k initiation fee lol.

I could do Saratoga, that should work. I'll check with the boss tonight and let you guys know.

If there's room for another, I'll check my schedule, maybe help with the drive? I've played Saratoga National.

So insanely jealous Matt. I'm glad you enjoyed it buddy. Thanks for snapping a few pictures.

Man I am super jealous about you playing Oak Hill

It was definitely an experience, especially getting little flash backs of being at the PGA Championship and remembering little parts of the course but seeing them actually ON the course. Very cool feeling. We played the middle tees (par 5's were 560 yards, par 3's were around 140-160 yards).

If there's room for another, I'll check my schedule, maybe help with the drive? I've played Saratoga National.

I think we had O'Carroll, Ddec OITW and myself, so that makes four, but I guess we can work to make it 8

If you have a Lamborghini Countach and an invisibility cloak
Or if you have a driver willing to drive 100 on the Turnpike from Boston and late for a surprise birthday party in Scotia, NY. May have been a passenger in that car.

I think we had O'Carroll, Ddec OITW and myself, so that makes four, but I guess we can work to make it 8

Confirmed with the boss. I'm in for the 9th.

Would definitely be up for carpooling. We should probably ask Christian as well. I'll post in the Mass thread to see if anyone wants to jump in too.

I dont remember seeing a confirmation from Dean, did he say he would be there?

Yup, I subscribed to this thread... Sweetness.

I'm down as well for one last local gathering, even tho my game has took a jump off the deep end during the fall months :0(

If there's still space, I should be able to make the trek out there from MA. Would know for certain either today or tomorrow.

If there's still space, I should be able to make the trek out there from MA. Would know for certain either today or tomorrow.

I think we're trying to figure out carpooling. When you know for certain let me know and we can figure it out.

looking forward to meet you mtpeterson

thats the list I have from the posts we gathered, did I miss anyone?

O'Carroll
Ddec
OITW
gr8driv
MPlefty
mtpeterson

if this is accurate, we are looking for two more to complete the two foursomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back