WGC-Dell Match Play Thread (Spoilers)

I barely watched last weeks tourney so I'm looking forward to catching a lot of this one. It's going to be an interesting week in fantasy golf for sure!

am i seeing this right ? everyplace ive seen says par 72 playing 6,625 yds?

Zero chance that is correct. I would assume that is the "tips" for the members thought I remember them putting in a lot of new tees to the course.

I guess I might be wrong though.

edit: looks like PGA tour site has it at 7073 par 71
Anyone have a link for hole by hole breakdown of the course? Need to figure out how to weight the stats this week.

Zero chance that is correct. I would assume that is the "tips" for the members thought I remember them putting in a lot of new tees to the course.

I guess I might be wrong though.

edit: looks like PGA tour site has it at 7073 par 71
Anyone have a link for hole by hole breakdown of the course? Need to figure out how to weight the stats this week.

Says the Gold-Champ tees 74/141

A course under 7K yard can easily have that rating.
Wasn't questioning anything, just listing what it said on their site as far as the 6700 yardage.
From your post it sounds like they moved the tees back to get over 7000 anyways.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

CeHLvC_WoAAiDSR.jpg

CeHNb7eXIAAgAC0.jpg

CeHNlMKW0AAsPRc.jpg

CeHMwneWIAACNiY.jpg

After seeing the groups released, Group 9 is the "group of death" for me. Reed is a match play ninja, Mickelson has had really good form this year, Fitzpatrick is a rising star in Europe and he won the 2013 US Amateur, and Berger can make a ton of birdies. I wouldn't be surprised at any of those guys coming out of that group.

Quickly saw the bracket picks. Without getting to look at the brackets again I would have to say the match ups I'm most intrigued by are Reed vs Mickelson, Rose vs Kuchar, Fowler vs Dufner and Day vs Casey.

This should be the first event of the FedEx Cup. Anyone who wins their first two matches moves on to the second week along with top 32 on the points list, regardless of their results of the week.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

That's a tough draw for JS in group 1. 2 Euros and his little buddy. Like Rory's draw in group 3 and Ricky in 5.

This is the toughest week for fantasy picks for me. Hard picking only one from some of the groups.

Finally found the hole by hole aerials. Just go to live scoring and click on anyone, they have the shotlink picture and distance for each hole up already.

First off, it will play longer than 6625! As my namesake says, I am from Austin and have been to course many times and played it as well. They have ability to lengthen plenty of holes. If I were to guess I'd say it comes in at around 7,000 yards. For u fantasy guys, pick the precision iron players. Also, there is a weather front that is supposed to come in Thursday and will make the course play very tough.
I talked to Bob Estes earlier today who is a past pro and member at ACC and he says the course will be playing very difficult. I thought they would turn #3 (12 for tournament) a par 4 but he told me they're keeping it a Par 5 which seems weird. You'll be seeing that hole a lot as it will be one with girls on lake right by the green with the capitol of tx hwy bridge behind it.
I have to work every day but Sunday so Im not sure if I want to go or not but it's a beautiful layout and I'm guessing most will enjoy coverage

Interesting mix of long and short holes.

Now that the groups are drawn I am even more excited for this! There are some tough looking groups out there! I can't wait to get started watching this one! Other than the Jordan, Rickie, Rory, Day groups just because of their top draw I think groups 6, 7, 8 and 9 will be great to watch! So many compelling matches in there.

Tough to pick. Willett, Koepka and Horschel in group 10 is a scary one. I had to make a lot of adjustments once the groupings got finalized, and I've got a lot of picks facing off in the quarters. Kinda have to just pick a few guys from either side who you think could go all the way and let it ride no matter where they might face each other on the same side, but in different groups.

Man Group 8 and Group 9 look brutal

I hate picking the number 1 player in the world to win this on his home turf but.............

I hate picking the number 1 player in the world to win this on his home turf but.............

Sort of hard not to, right?

My college roommate (plus wife and kids) live in Round Rock. He's a physical therapy Doctor, only down side is, he don't golf...but I wonder if he knows someone who could get me on there? hummmmmmm

Back