WGC HSBC Champions [spoilers]

the_paulo

Euro target practice
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.5
No chat about this one as yet. Very strong field, just maybe a couple of notable exceptions. :blob:

Louis seems to be kicking into gear through rounds one and two, a nice little 5 shot lead is not to be sneezed at, given the quality of the chasing pack.

As to the big Race To Dubai finish, neither of the guys who could catch Rory (Hanson and Rose) have offered much on the first couple of days.

Anyone catching coverage of this? It's on about 3 or 4 in the morning here, so I'm catching up with highlights.

Live scoring here - http://www.worldgolfchampionships.com/leaderboards/current/r489/index.html

There's a bunch of big names there. I'm surprised to see some of those guys down near the bottom of the leaderboard. I hope Phil makes a charge with his new RBZ and grabs a win. That would be fun.

The coverage of this tournament is pretty impressive. There's something about the camera angles and terrain around the course that you can really see the ball flight they are playing on some of the shots. Hole 7 is particularly impressive, it's a par 5 and you can see practically the whole approach shot from the player perspective when they pull out their fairway woods and go for the green. Normally you lose the ball or it goes out of frame too quickly.

Snedeker jumps to 10 under for the day as he eagles 15. If he birdies the last 3 holes, he'll shoot a -13 59. That would be crazy.

Snedeker jumps to 10 under for the day as he eagles 15. If he birdies the last 3 holes, he'll shoot a -13 59. That would be crazy.

Wow he just missed 59. Too bad, that would've been fun.

moobs made a heck of a charge to tie for the lead too. moobs, king louie, the big easy, mr. ryder cup and phil the thrill are all in position to win. should make for an electric final round

Wasn't Westwood using Ping Nome putter? That didn't last long.

It's a shame this tournament is on so late at night. Great final 9 holes coming up, with Westwood holding a 1 shot lead over Els, Poulter, and Mickelson.

It's a shame this tournament is on so late at night. Great final 9 holes coming up, with Westwood holding a 1 shot lead over Els, Poulter, and Mickelson.

If the Oregon State Beavers game wasn't on right now I'd be watching it. Sounds pretty good. Are they going to replay it?

Looks like it is going to be a tight finish. Kelly and I are getting a kick out of the spectators. Poulter came up short on a chip and someone started laughing, to which Poulter replied, "Yeah. That was real funny, wasn't it". Someone booed when Piercy couldn't stick a mid-iron into a green. The spectators on top of the great golf has made this a fun tourney to watch.

And Westwood just missed a 3-footer for par to lose the lead. Some things never change.

Heck yeah, go Phil!

And Phil just missed a 3-footer for par to lose the lead. Some things never change.

And Phil just missed a 3-footer for par to lose the lead. Some things never change.

since when did he start getting bad at putts too?

Just tuned in for this the first time during this weekend...haven't watched golf on telly for ages.

-21 ...geez..

Tapped with my iPad named Paddy.

I am undecided on how I feel about king louie's shirt. I think i'm down with it, but then again, maybe not.

providing the in depth analysis you've come to expect

well there's moobs in a nutshell for you. terrible spot for his second on the par 5. hit's a really good iron to where he got it to, on that slope in between the greenside bunker. then chips it so poorly he ends up losing yardage....then blades that shot over the green.

I like really westwood (probably a little more than I give off considering how often I make fun of him), I enjoy watching his swing on full shots, it's very repeatable; however i feel that sequence of events was a microcosm of his career, and those two chip shots were quintessential westwood.

meanwhile, el poults is rollin' right now.

There ya' go boy's and squirrels. Ian holds off a really strong group of challengers to bag the win in China. Was it just me, or did Ernie seem a bit off today? Seemed like he was struggling with his set up, posture, something. He just never seemed comfortable over the ball.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Great to see Poulter get another win... a strong end to the season.
Lets hope that, unlike last time he had a good end to the season, he can carry it through to the next.

I like poults but winning in the off season has a bit less pressure. It would be nice to see him carry this over but I don't see it.

Back