Handicap
+0.6 GHIN
Let 'er rip tater chip is always the proper mantra

SkiBumGolfer

Burning the edge again...
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I used to overthink it a lot, but I find much better results when I'm freely swinging and not trying to direct the ball. So honestly, "grip it and rip it" is exactly the simplicity my brain needs right now!

annsguy

Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
Relax. That comes with lots of reps.Be consistent with your set up and ball position. Tempo is important. Make an awesome follow through.
Now I just need to do all of this myself.

Hamfist

I fluff my gimmies.
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
30+
"Swing within yourself." AKA don't try to do what you cannot do well.

pattyboy21

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
stands to reason
Why pattyboy?
Irish or you maybe like to wear pink panties? Lol
I'm going to go with Irish on this one... lol

I was actually able to apply for Irish citizenship because my grandfather emigrated from Ireland; I should have it approved by Q1 2022 and then I can get my EU passport. Hopefully I'll be living in Spain in the not-too-distant future!

dAS0

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Tempo. I try to have a controlled backswing. The forward swing is way too fast for any thoughts.

Carolina Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Tempo. I try to have a controlled backswing. The forward swing is way too fast for any thoughts.
I have it in my head that the downswing MUST start with the lower body. I guess it comes from too much reading about the swing. But, posts like yours says, just go for it on the forward swing. I guess there's different ways of getting it done!

MattyD-MPLS

Captain for The 2021 Grandaddy
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A slow swing is fast. I started hitting it more consistently and farther by hitting in the center of the face instead a trying swing out of my shoes.

Jason89er

Putter over Driver
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Keep my head behind the ball and have everything moving around me, through the ball and down the target line to finish. I don’t get out there super long but I hit a ton of fairways!

Slammin'SAM

Never a flatbelly
Reaction score
Handicap
Rare play
It is very simple. A driver swing has 4 counts in 4/4 time musically. 1 - 2 is the backswing, 3 is impact, 4 is the finish. Don't push (force) the club toward the ball, don't hold it back after the ball. Let the club fall and flow through the ball, hands leading the club to impact, clubhead to the target after impact. NEVER swing with 100% effort*.

Once we finished a round when I was in my early 50's, and saw there was a club speed monitor on the range. I got on it and hit several drives, swing speed consistently 111 mph. Then I decided to absolutely go all out and rip one, put everything I had into it - 111 mph. 100% effort only creates tension, not speed.

6ixOhFore

Husky Eyes
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hands at 10 and 2 and keep that thing steady and in your lane. Don’t swerve unless your Tory Lanez.

But in golf I use to be one who would go 110% when driving the golf ball. Unfortunately I’m not pro so more times then I can count it ended up bad. But when it was good it was goooodddd. I’m trying to do the up tilt for more distance now and better contact

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in