What’s Wrong With This Picture?

When i worked in retail stores you always checked

What's really bad is they didn't even care enough to switch it with another yellow ball. They just put white one's in there. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I ran into my local Wal-Mart to pick up some wood glue and other odds and ends. I always walk down the golf aisle to see if they have Srixon golf balls on sale. Prior generation Z-Stars $24.95! But, this caught my eye!👀 Can you see the problem?!
View attachment 8968043

Yeah my local DSG checks the box anytime you buy balls there. I asked why without really thinking about it and they told me that they were having a lot of theft issues.

Thieves gonna theive.

Then hopefully get hit by an errant 7i.

I always check each sleeve before buying.
I started doing that too after hearing about stuff like this more than once. I do occasionally buy balls at Walmart, don't want to get burned and end up with a box of Nitros when I paid for Callaways.

It's sad that a fellow golfer and someone who knows the game enough to know enough about the quality of balls, would be such a douchebag. Then again it could be someone who knows those are 4 dollar a piece balls and does that to sell them to someone for 2-3 dollars after paying just 1 dollar.

It's sad that a fellow golfer and someone who knows the game enough to know enough about the quality of balls, would be such a douchebag. Then again it could be someone who knows those are 4 dollar a piece balls and does that to sell them to someone for 2-3 dollars after paying just 1 dollar.

Same reason my Circle T goes into the golf shop with me and pretty much never leaves my sight on the course.

I doubt you have much to worry about from 99.9% of golfers but bag drops scare me since I’ve heard of non golfers targeting these areas.

Most everything in my bag is replaceable. It would suck but I’ll live. That putter is not. I’ve left my wallet in my cart and felt better about it than leaving my putter. I even disguise it in an old plain Jane Odyssey head cover, lol.

I am not paranoid. But..... some people just don’t have any decency.

I did however give @Hamfist a chance to win my putter. Only needed to make an uphill 80 footer on freshly punched and sanded (badly) greens. Easy peasy. He did make me sweat for a half second or so before it slowed down and went all plinko.

Same reason my Circle T goes into the golf shop with me and pretty much never leaves my sight on the course.

I doubt you have much to worry about from 99.9% of golfers but bag drops scare me since I’ve heard of non golfers targeting these areas.

Most everything in my bag is replaceable. It would suck but I’ll live. That putter is not. I’ve left my wallet in my cart and felt better about it than leaving my putter. I even disguise it in an old plain Jane Odyssey head cover, lol.

I am not paranoid. But..... some people just don’t have any decency.

I did however give @Hamfist a chance to win my putter. Only needed to make an uphill 80 footer on freshly punched and sanded (badly) greens. Easy peasy. He did make me sweat for a half second or so before it slowed down and went all plinko.
That's why I use generic headcovers on all my woods and putter, and hardly let my bag out of my sight. No need to advertise WITB for potential thieves. My motto has always been "If you never trust anybody, you'll never be disappointed".

As much as we'd like to think that golfers are all honest, virtuous, upstanding fellas, it only takes one trip to a local course on a weekend to disabuse oneself of that notion. :ROFLMAO:

That's why I use generic headcovers on all my woods and putter, and hardly let my bag out of my sight. No need to advertise WITB for potential thieves. My motto has always been "If you never trust anybody, you'll never be disappointed". :LOL:

Correct. I try to leave a sentry while I go pay, but it’s harder when you’re playing solo (or don’t want to pay for everyone’s round-mainly posting one of my kids as sentry when they’re playing a round with me).

It’s not so much about money (it is, but there are things that can and cannot be replaced). I can replace the rest of my bag. I can’t replace that putter and the story behind it.

Hint though, custom Sunfish Headcovers, theives might not know what you got but they know it won’t suck. Throw a generic CPO headcover on there and they’ll expect a Dunlop Goliath or similar, lol.

Holy Carp!! I'd never heard of a Circle T so I had to look it up. Care to share the story on it? I'm seeing them on Ebay going for 4-5 G's!!:oops:

I’ve never heard of this before and have never checked the box... mind you, 95% of my balls are coming from internet sales but still not something that I was remotely aware of. Disappointing behaviour by some people...

I now have a new game whenever I go to Walmart: find the crap balls in the expensive box. :LOL: I will be visiting the sporting goods dept every time I go now.

Most places I go to anymore the boxes are empty and cashier has to get sleeves from somewhere else, on the Titleist, the other crap they don’t care about..

Sad that there are golfers that are so desperate that they have to steal but it explains why they also won’t fix ball marks or replace divots.

They check the EGGS at our grocery store so you don't swap them out. And this is a nice area. But things have CHANGED.
Funny thing is, even if I have the free range organic, they still check to make sure I didn't swap them out for the $0.99 eggs.
Target and Walmart are still up against it, as their employees have never golfed and have no idea about models of balls. $15/hr. ;)

Always check all the sleeves. Seems like people just can't help being thieves.

That's why I use generic headcovers on all my woods and putter, and hardly let my bag out of my sight. No need to advertise WITB for potential thieves. My motto has always been "If you never trust anybody, you'll never be disappointed".

As much as we'd like to think that golfers are all honest, virtuous, upstanding fellas, it only takes one trip to a local course on a weekend to disabuse oneself of that notion. :ROFLMAO:
There were incidents at my course when the Epic driver came out that people (I'm of the thought that it was one) were targeting bags at the bag drop with Epic headcovers. If there's one thing I can't stand it's a f***ing thief.

They check the EGGS at our grocery store so you don't swap them out. And this is a nice area. But things have CHANGED.
Funny thing is, even if I have the free range organic, they still check to make sure I didn't swap them out for the $0.99 eggs.
Target and Walmart are still up against it, as their employees have never golfed and have no idea about models of balls. $15/hr. ;)
I thought they were doing that to make sure you weren't unknowingly buying cracked or broken eggs.

Back