What’s Your 150 Club?

9 iron with my Callaway CF16's

Wow. The PGA guys I watch on TV don't hit a GW 150 yards. They typically hit a 9 or 8. Some big hitters on this site. Yikes!

Its legit, I’ve seen it

Easy 8

Mine would be an 8 iron typically but may do a soft 7 as well.

7i

My driver, on a good day my 3W will go 130.

7 iron

This was me with my old irons, but with these new cobra F9s I'm having to relearn all my distances because I'm finding they are longer. It sucks because the ranges are closed so I'm having to learn on the course.
I hear you, that was with my JPX850s, if I ever get out I need to learn my distance with the new 919 Forged irons I received last fall. Who knows, I may become a baller and be hitting my GW 150!:p

Wow. The PGA guys I watch on TV don't hit a GW 150 yards. They typically hit a 9 or 8. Some big hitters on this site. Yikes!
That sounds better than it is in reality. 150yd GW is pretty meaningless if I'm still rolling 34 putts per 18 and finishing with a low/mid 80's score :(.

Depends on the day. But if conditions were perfect I’d hit a 9. But if I’m playing my home course where the greens slope back to front I would hit an 8 to keep the ball on the green

9i but also 8i trying to figure it out

150 carry is 8 iron.
150 total is 9 iron

It pains me to say 8 iron but at damn near 59 years young I guess I can complain too much. It was 9 iron with my AP3’s but now I am hitting CB 718’s which are a full club weaker than AP3’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Depends on the day. Either an 8i or 9i. Some days I just seem to hit things longer then others. Usually no rhyme or reason. I usually am not sure until I have got an approach shot or 2.

flat ground, no wind sea level, smooth 8

Easy 8 iron with Apex although probably a 9 with the Mavriks this summer.

Now if only I could hit it straight!

I’ve never had it properly measured, but SkyTrak has me topping out around 105. I am not hitting the driver well right now.
Just a hint, check to see if your SkyTrak has the latest firmware. There was a little bit of an issue where swing speed and ball speed would max out, and I think 105 was that # for swing speed. A recent firmware update fixed that.

Probably pulling 8i-PW. Depending on temperature and shot shape.

*edit* I know the opening comment said not to include wind. But temperature also plays a serious role to this.

Just a hint, check to see if your SkyTrak has the latest firmware. There was a little bit of an issue where swing speed and ball speed would max out, and I think 105 was that # for swing speed. A recent firmware update fixed that.
How recent? I have a March update and I’ve clocked a few swings between 105-110

Smooth 9 iron for me, almost a full swing. I would say about a 90% swing.

9 iron for me

How recent? I have a March update and I’ve clocked a few swings between 105-110
Yeah I think that may have been it. Doesn’t hurt to check though, but if you’re up to 110 then it’s probably ok

Back