What’s Your 150 Club?

Solid 9 or easy 8.

depend on the wind i can get there with my 9 but i prefer to use a 8 due to the lower loft

I’m an 8/9 from 150 yards. I can also blade a 58 degree about 150 yards from green side bunkers on occasion.
i blade my wedge 200 yds so i know the feeling

Probably 8i, sometimes 9i

8 iron

Depends on the wind...150 is between clubs for me so I'd almost welcome 10mph or so of help or hurt. If it's helping wind, 9i ... if it's hurting, 8i.

I'm between an 8 and 7. However, I'll lean mostly towards a 7 iron to play it safe as I don't hit solid shots all the time.

Flat lie, fairly receptive green, in the fairway, no wind, and basically no other variables to consider, I'm likely pulling 7i. If there is danger long, I might go 8i, especially if the pin is back.

Wow.... some of you guys are gorillas! PW from 150!!!!

Used to be 7I from 150
Now I am a 6I from 150.

A solid 8 is 155, for me. If there's no trouble long, that's the club I'm hitting. I can't muscle a 9i that far with my current set.

9 iron when swing is on point. If I’m a little off 8 iron.
30 Years ago it was a stock 7 iron. Ha!

That’s an 8i for me

8 iron for me.

6-iron here but to be fair, my 6-iron is like a modern 8-iron and I dont carry a 7-iron, so I either have to muscle up on an 8 or hit an easy 6, I usually choose the 6.

Solid 8i for me

Aren't hybrids lifesavers for us old folks? I carry a 4, 5 and 6 hybrid, and sometimes a 7.

used to be a pw but realized I was so inaccurate just flailing at it. Then started using tour tempo at 18/6 ratio going to 10:00 only for backswing, and its now a 9i.

My irons are quite long. My driver isn't as long as it should be as I cannot hit up on the ball. Lose tons of yards with my driver.

7 or 8 iron depending on hole location

9i most of the time

7 or 8 depending on wind or downhill etc.. Mostly 7

An every day 8, not easy and not full send.

Back