What’s Your 150 Club?

That puts me between a PW and a 9i. I'd probably choke down on a 9i and use my normal swing.

28*. Iron number doesn't mean a lot as manufacturer to manufacturer it changes a lot.

Dave

Well, mostly either my 22 degree hybrid, or my 27 degree hybrid if I'm feeling the powah.

I'm a 7 iron at 150

I'm getting old 7i or a easy 6.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A smooooth 7 iron for me. A hard 8 can get there but I'm looking after the back management as I get older.

Gimmie the 8

This time of year when it's under 70 outside I'm probably hitting a flighted 8 from 150. In the summer I probably hit a 9 iron if the shot doesn't require me to take something else into consideration (i.e., pin is unprotected in the middle of the green).

I'm pretty surprised by how many 9 iron and PW responses there have been in this thread. I don't consider myself long, but I hit it longer than most guys I play with.

Cobra F9 = soft 7i

MP20s = full 6i

On a clean strike that’s a pitching wedge for me with my AP1s but usually pull a 9 since I’m newer and unlikely to get a clean strike lol

It’s in between an 8 and 9 iron for me. Which club I pull is determined by the circumstances presented.

Wow, some of you pound the ball.

PW.....but it’s an Epic Forged PW sooooo

7i for my molasses in January swing. 😠

Usually 32* loft iron.
It’s hard to say which iron by number these days.
7i Z765 or 8i G410.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now it's an 8 iron for me. Lost about a club of distance last season and still haven't quite figured out why. Working on my swing plane to not hit behind the ball as much as that's what I think is happening.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

9i 145, 8i 155. So depends on circumstances when I am at 150.

Usually 32* loft iron.
It’s hard to say which iron by number these days.
7i Z765 or 8i G410.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's an interesting comment, and I like it because lofts on irons vary so much nowadays. I use my 31 degree 7 iron for 150 yard shots.

It used to be a pw but not a good 9i, going to have to test if its more an 8i now

It’s the very top of a perfect 8i so usually would go with a 7i

Back