What’s your 2021 driver?

The Mavrik SZ. Love it.

Big Berta Reva -confidence when you approach the tee box - you can't put a price on that.

Was hoping it was going to be the Callaway max LS but it wasn’t meant to be. Next up is the tsi3

Still playing my Ping G400 Max driver this year... too good a driver to get the boot. However, my irons will probably be replaced by the new Apex DCB/21 combo.

Tour Length Speedzone with a Helium shaft, to start. I may give the Tensei Blue another shot, as well.

I've hit this well, for the most part, and I just haven't hit it enough to justify a new one. Lots of good thoughts when I pull that LE head cover off, too.

Going to a Ping fitting in the next couple of weeks.... hoping i find a G425 or 410 with a shaft that’s appropriate for my swing.... This will be my first true driver fitting, so pretty interested to see how it goes...

I went for a fitting and tried everything. The winner for me was the Taylormade Sim 2 Max 9* w/ a blue Ventus shaft. The results have been amazing. Best driver I’ve ever had. 285 yards in the fairway. What else could I ask for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are legitimately 7 drivers I could game this year and be ecstatic about it.

• Haha
Reactions: MH
There are legitimately 7 drivers I could game this year and be ecstatic about it.

At the same time, right? :)

At the same time, right? :)
I mean, that’s basically what my bag looks like daily right now because of it. Think I had 5 in the bag yesterday.

I went for a fitting and tried everything. The winner for me was the Taylormade Sim 2 Max 9* w/ a blue Ventus shaft. The results have been amazing. Best driver I’ve ever had. 285 yards in the fairway. What else could I ask for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Been hearing same thing about SIM looks like 2021 winner so far.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Waiting on my Srixon ZX7 head to arrive, replacing the TSi3, I am going to put a Graphite Design Tour AD HD in it.

I'm torn, should I figure out the ST200G after it had crown crack & is now replaced with new or keep plastic on & switch out?

Pulled the trigger on a 10.5 peacoat Cobra RADSPEED XB, and paired it with with a Fujikura Ventus Blue shaft. Really, really love that combo in looks and performance.

Had my first real range session to test the Mavrik versus the Epic Speed. Absolutely NO idea which head won out. Both look amazing at address, especially the Speed's clean crown. Noticeably different feel but both very good. Speed was a little duller. Think I prefer Mavrik. I played the Ventus Blue 5s for most of last year. Today confirmed that will be the shaft in my bag for 2021 too. I just seem to time it up very well. Longest drive of the day was with the Epic Speed and Ventus Red, though. Will be a fun experiment going forward.

Callaway great big Bertha set at 11.5 deg with stock kuro kage shaft

Current ongoing exploration for changing shaft tried ventus red and blue and some additional titleist and mizuno and callaway heads . With no appreciable improvements noted , cost benefit analysis said no, still looking for the something better ,,, the search continues

any advise on driver shaft alternate ,,, ss approx 90 ish ,, driver dist ( roll and carry total ) 210 metres -240 m
late 50s tradie , approx 19 hcp , last round 83 off stick
looking for little more distance ... and equal forgiveness... just asking

Had my first real range session to test the Mavrik versus the Epic Speed. Longest drive of the day was with the Epic Speed and Ventus Red, though.
Well. that looks encouraging:cool:

I turned down the Max LS -1 to 9.5, because of the high winds and hit some bullets and got a lot of run-out in-spite that it rained yesterday.

Be nice for the ammunition manufacturers ( ergo ball makers ) to release terrain following balls that avoid wind .... no there’s a idea

I have made my decision. RadSpeed 9 degree standard. Hzrdus Blue 60, 6.0 shaft. Heavy weight in the back. It is a monster. And I am hitting my normal number of fairways.

Sticking with the Epic Flash. Keep going between 9.5 and 10.5 degrees though. 9.5 I tend to get more 5-10 more yards, but at the expense of a little accuracy.

Back