What’s your 2021 driver?

I will be keeping my Titleist TS2 9* in the bag. No need to change it right now and i have been hitting it pretty well.

Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x.

This is what performed the best at my Club Champion fitting, and I'm jumping in with both feet.

So far my Mavrik has beat out the the SIM2 Max, Rad XB, Rad XD and G425 Max on the course. But always still looking. Want to try out the SIM2 Max D, TSi2 and Epic Speed before settling in on the Mavrik.

I have a feeling - in 16 short days ... I will meet the driver of 2021!

So far my Mavrik has beat out the the SIM2 Max, Rad XB, Rad XD and G425 Max on the course. But always still looking. Want to try out the SIM2 Max D, TSi2 and Epic Speed before settling in on the Mavrik.

Do they all beat out the 220?

Callaway Epic Max LS
Chose that driver because it tightened my spray pattern substantially.

Currently a Mizuno jpxEZ. Don’t really feel the need to change yet.

Do they all beat out the 220?

The 220 didn’t win 2020. Flash beat it out. 😀

it was a solid stick but when lofted up it sat too closed for my eye. Similar to the Ping drivers. Hooks come out.

It'll be that same as my 2020 driver, which was also my late 2019 driver. I have no plans to change anything in the top of my bag. I'm still loving my Epic Flash SZ driver. Wedges and irons are my first 2021 purchases.

Jury still out on that decision. Could be the B21 that is slightly in the lead over the speedzone. However the C721 has a legitimate chance. Still testing it.

Currently using Mav Max 9.0
It has done a decent job but thinking of the new Epic. I Will be testing it out very soon.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Right now I'm sticking with my Mavrik Max

Man, I was happy with my F9 until I ran into the Srixon rep and he put a ZX5 in my hand.

ZX5 10.5 (STD loft/flat setting), Tensei White 60-S.
THIS THING WAS A BEAST! I set up an imaginary fairway on the range and I was peppering it within that area.

Sure, some shots were crap but that was more me than the driver. This thing was a lot of fun.

ticking with my G410 LST. Tried the Ping G425 briefly but that sound...no thanks

Well that's disappointing. :( I'm still swinging my G400 LST with a Rogue Silver and thought the 425 might be the next driver, but I'll really have to check it out closely now.
Of course I don't have any issues with the G400 so I'm in no hurry to chase a couple of yards. ;)

Was that the Max or LST model you tried? I didn't like the G400 Max at all, so probably wouldn't like the 425 Max.

Researching that now. I am still rocking a BIO CELL and I want to go with something newer. Probably something a year old or so just due to budget.

Just made the switch to the Epic Speed, first round tomorrow. :golf2:

Got last year an adjustable PXG proto with Riptide 50 gm an inch long and bombing it with tight dispersion 20 yards past a Titleist TS3 - look at PXG prices now and try their stuff. I have made clubs and owned all the top stuff and there is great choices but this small company makes top tier stuff.

Well that's disappointing. :( I'm still swinging my G400 LST with a Rogue Silver and thought the 425 might be the next driver, but I'll really have to check it out closely now.
Of course I don't have any issues with the G400 so I'm in no hurry to chase a couple of yards. ;)

Was that the Max or LST model you tried? I didn't like the G400 Max at all, so probably wouldn't like the 425 Max.

If you didn't like the sound on the G400 Max, you'll definitely not like the sound of the G425 Max. That's what I tried and even with 3 grams of hot melt applied by Ping, I cringed at the sound it made every time I hit the ball with it...It's that bad and much worse than the sound of the G400 Max. In fact, I hated the sound so much, I handed it back to my club pro after 3 rounds and told him to return it to Ping for a full refund. :mad:

If you still have the G400 LST, I'd just stick with it. It's a great driver and probably the best driver Ping ever made for sound and feel.

Last edited:
If you didn't like the sound on the G400 Max, you'll definitely not like the sound of the G425 Max. That's what I tried and even with 3 grams of hot melt applied by Ping, I cringed at the sound it made every time I hit the ball with it...It's that bad and much worse than the sound of the G400 Max. In fact, I hated the sound so much, I handed it back to my club pro after 3 rounds and told him to return it to Ping for a full refund. :mad:

If you still have the G400 LST, I'd just stick with it. It's a great driver and probably the best driver Ping ever made for sound and feel.
Just one question, how was it performance wise? Longer, shorter, worse dispersion?

Just one question, how was it performance wise? Longer, shorter, worse dispersion?

I didn’t notice any real difference in distance. Probably the same. Worse dispersion compared to my G410 LST for me though.

Had thought was going to have to stick with my Epic Flash SZ with the Evenflow Green this year but picked up at a great price a couple of months ago an Accra TZ6 shaft. Then yesterday @MH convinced me 😉 that I had to take his custom Callaway Max LS off his hands so in a couple weeks it will be reunited with my Accra. Crossing my fingers that it is a lethal combination....I believe they will be a significant improvement in distance and dispersion.....stay tuned.

Back