What’s your current or preferred ball flight?

Straight is fine by me.

Straight or a mild fade, I have a heck of a time getting the ball to draw.

I play a shotgun pattern. I have a rough idea of my dispersion with a given club and attempt to aim the middle of that pattern over the safest spot presented to me on a given shot. I'm following the basics of the Decade golf method and don't care what type of ball flight I get from shot to shot. I will try to hit semi-straight partial wedge shots to pins when I'm playing well and inside of 100 yards.

From an aiming standpoint, I prefer a draw. Aiming just feels more natural. But my natural shot seems to change each year. This year I seem to be hitting a fade. Which is fine.

~Rock

Currently straight I have changed my swing last few months and moved away from the unwanted fade that plagued me for years.
After I get comfortable with this new swing, I will start to work on the draw. Trying to keep things as simple as possible at the moment.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Straight mid flight allows me to hit more fairways and get a little run as well. I'm a short hitter so it is imperative to stay out of the rough, woods, water on any course.

Low draw with driver and woods, which can turn into a snap hook if I get too enthusiastic. Straight to very slight draw with irons. But I'm not above a random two-way miss or double cross on any given shot, either.

Straight mid flight allows me to hit more fairways and get a little run as well. I'm a short hitter so it is imperative to stay out of the rough, woods, water on any course.
Hey!! That's my game, too!!

With the driver and 3h, a fade. As the clubs get shorter, ball flight becomes straighter. I don't hit many draws since changing my iron swing this year and I'm ok with the results, even if the yardage is a bit less. Last year's iron swing produced a draw with some really good distances on occasions, but the distances were terribly inconsistent.

One that stays out of the the woods!

Natural shape is a high draw, need to really focus to hit a fade.

Fade, always want to be hitting a fade except a flighted low wedge, I found a draw spins more on those and I can get a bounce and then a hard check. I can play a draw if need be because I am in trouble. But my mind sees a fade and it is much easier to adjust how much it moves compared to a draw.

Pretty much straight towards my targeted area, with a flare to one side, or the other before touch down.

It's my favorite ball flight for all my longer full swing clubs, because it is what it is, and has been for quite a while. I don't try to hit anything else.

My driver miss is slice. Anything other than that is ideal really since I couldn't hook a driver if I tried. I can hit straight and that's what I play now, but a draw would be a dream.

When I started I couldn't hit irons. First they'd push right. Then I tried to fix it and found a hook. Few years ago I got irons to go straight consistently so now I just need to worry about distance control. I'll take it!

I prefer a medium trajectory with driver. I know that I could maximize yardage with more height and carry but I'm long enough and I want that thing down and away from trouble just the same.

For shape, while I'd prefer a draw, I'd been losing it right for a while now so straightish to slight fade is a thing of beauty to my eyes just the same.

Irons, I'll typically draw. Prefer a med/high trajectory with long to mid irons with a slight draw. I prefer a flatter, more medium trajectory with wedges (relative to loft). I don't really like shooting full swing wedges high. So I'll flatten trajectory with either more club, ball back a bit in stance or a combo of both.

Maybe because their design jibed so well with my preferences, I LOVED the Tour Flighted Rifle shafts, pre-Project-X.

A draw, overall, suits my eye better as it was my shot-shape throughout the bag for probably 20 years. Not so, top of the bag anymore. But I have somehow increased the frequency of the random draw off the tee as of late. Hope the trend continues and accelerates.

Straight. My ball goes right to left when something goes wrong. You would win money betting against my hitting a fade.

Prefer a slight draw. I don't hit the ball a long was so can use the extra roll out that produces, at least for me, over a fade.

I really like the baby fade right now. Feels like it is more controlled.

Draw with driver, more distance! but I try to fade irons, more control, ends up straight most of the time though, when I don't miss of course.

My natural shot is high baby draw.
I just had it from the beginning and never tried to change it.

Straight.

I can go from draw to fade to slice to hook at any point. 🤣

In reality my predominant shot shape can change from round to round. At my level I’d love it to “just be straight “.

Since I tend to hook the ball, my preferred shot is a baby fade.

Straight or slight draw off the tee, straight to slight fade off the deck.

Par 3’s on the tee I want straight or I will (attempt to) flight them to fight a crosswind if that’s the smart thing to do.

Back