What’s your dream golf job?

Afizzle2100

Proud 2021 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Let’s say a magic golf genie is at your service and you are able to pick any job related to golf. Do you have a dream golf job or brand you would work for?

Personally I would love to work in R&D or as a club engineer for a major golf brand. I’d probably choose Callaway, however I also think it would be a fun challenge to work with a brand that isn’t in the top tier. More pressure to create something that makes you stand out, and maybe are catering to golfers that aren’t always buying top tier brand new equipment.

I also would love to be on the planning committee of a pga tour event. Just the small nuances of how they treat the players in terms of hospitality, charity planning, determining what course to play and how difficult it might play. I’m sure it’s craziness the week of, but it at least sounds like a fun challenge.

Well I would've loved to have been a player but alas I'm just a hack.. now ill take being a starter part time so I can play for free

Being a traveling tour van guy seems fun...at least for a little while. Not sure I’d wanna do that for a long stint though.

Golf club owner? Is that a job?

Good course designer. Would be epic to know you built something which will most likely outlive you and see people playing a course you built.

Head Instruction Pro for the Swedish Bikini Team. :LOL:

this is going to sound super cheesy, but can I just continue in my lane right now?

Being able to bring content and learn with THP has been something I am seriously proud of over the last couple years. Adding in the podcast element, and hoping that I can grow to entertain golfers everywhere, it really ends up being everything I want - maybe a bit more but I hope that kind of thing comes in time, like traveling to play special places etc.

Good course designer. Would be epic to know you built something which will most likely outlive you and see people playing a course you built.

if I ever win the lotto I’ve already decided I’m gonna build a 6 hole track for myself on a large plot of land. It would be so epicccc

Head pro at the Hideaway. :)

this is going to sound super cheesy, but can I just continue in my lane right now?

Being able to bring content and learn with THP has been something I am seriously proud of over the last couple years. Adding in the podcast element, and hoping that I can grow to entertain golfers everywhere, it really ends up being everything I want - maybe a bit more but I hope that kind of thing comes in time, like traveling to play special places etc.

it may be a little cheesy, like a nice Gouda ;)

but I can’t blame you! Being able to host a podcast talking to important golf brand executives? I almost said in the OP I’d settle for your job, but settle is not the right word. Cause it really is a dream opportunity!

somebody has to sit in the bar and drink booze like they are doing something productive right? Or maybe that’s just at my home course lol

it may be a little cheesy, like a nice Gouda ;)

but I can’t blame you! Being able to host a podcast talking to important golf brand executives? I almost said in the OP I’d settle for your job, but quite settle is not the right word. Cause it really is a dream opportunity!
haha, thanks my dude - I promise I do not take it lightly.

Local club pro and bar fly?

From talking to a few owners, it's more like a charity.

Best way to make a million dollars as a golf club owner? Start with two million. :ROFLMAO:

I am a golf club owner. Actually I own quite a lot of clubs..

Clearly that's not what you meant, but it made me laugh - I often ponder the idea of owning a golf course, and while I have nowhere close to the money needed to do so, I think it would be an absolute blast as long as the membership was fair and the people I employed had a passion for the course.

haha, thanks my dude - I promise I do not take it lightly.

well the good news for you is your extremely good at it, and I know I have enjoyed tuning in the last couple months! This past mizuno one where Chris was talking about how he got lucky to get his start with mizuno was my inspiration for the thread lol.

I'd love to be a club fitter! I'm super intrigued by the numbers and fitting people for the right equipment to help them enjoy the game more.

R&D engineering for sure; could be a ton of fun to design and build some great clubs for people

well the good news for you is your extremely good at it, and I know I have enjoyed tuning in the last couple months! This past mizuno one where Chris was talking about how he got lucky to get his start with mizuno was my inspiration for the thread lol.
I don't think I deserve that level or praise, but man.. thank you.

R&D engineering for sure; could be a ton of fun to design and build some great clubs for people
Forget the job, I'd just love to be half as smart as some of the dudes building clubs right now hahaha

From talking to a few owners, it's more like a charity.

Best way to make a million dollars as a golf club owner? Start with two million. :ROFLMAO:

I played with a former CEO in Indy during a tournament, and he was telling me how he purchased a club in Indy that he was building back up. It’s a solid course, but nothing too spectacular. I asked how he enjoyed it and he said I’ve spent 4 million dollars over the last 2 years renovating it so I better enjoy it :LOL:

Hmmm, maybe head golf pro at Pebble or Augusta.

Forget the job, I'd just love to be half as smart as some of the dudes building clubs right now hahaha

Right? I listen to your interviews with Vosh or Yagley and I can feel the knowledge bombs they drop everywhere. It’s clear how much they know, care, and want to still learn about this game

Right? I listen to your interviews with Vosh or Yagley and I can feel the knowledge bombs they drop everywhere. It’s clear how much they know, care, and want to still learn about this game
Here's what make those guys brilliant.. They take things that are hard to understand, and translate into ways that we (normies) can fully grasp.

...and I dig that a lot

Back