What’s your injury list

Lunopapi

Reaction score
I’ve built up a pretty solid list over the years!

- metal plate in my ankle and 6 screws (broken fibula)
- femoral nail but sure how many screws (shattered femur)
- left knee has 3 acl surgeries 1 pcl and 2 mcl
- right knee has 2 acl surgeries
- hands too many broken bones to count I’d say I’ve broken bones in my hands atleast 10 times
- shoulders had rotator tears (1 surgery) and then basic bursitis
- 2 crushed vertebrae in my lower back L2 and L3
- spinal legion in my cervical spine (multiple surgeries)

I think that’s about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve built up a pretty solid list over the years!

- metal plate in my ankle and 6 screws (broken fibula)
- femoral nail but sure how many screws (shattered femur)
- left knee has 3 acl surgeries 1 pcl and 2 mcl
- right knee has 2 acl surgeries
- hands too many broken bones to count I’d say I’ve broken bones in my hands atleast 10 times
- shoulders had rotator tears (1 surgery) and then basic bursitis
- 2 crushed vertebrae in my lower back L2 and L3
- spinal legion in my cervical spine (multiple surgeries)

I think that’s about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wow

Some broken bones from racing dirt bikes is about it for me. The most notable were a couple of years apart, a seriously dislocated and broken right shoulder, and a shattered left wrist that required a 2' plate and some screws to fix. Those two did affect my golf swing, limiting how far I can get at the top of my back swing.

I will go but you have an impressive resume

Both shoulders are shot and need surgery
Left knee ACL replacement
Right knee scoped
Back is shot with workable daily pain, except when it shifts out then its drugs and a adjustment needed.

Just minor compared to you, and as long as I can get out of bed and wipe my own butt every morning life is good.

You have me beat from a pure injury perspective. I have had two ruptured disks and still have a mystery back issue that nobody has been able to solve. However the tumor on my pancreas that resulted in 40 days in the ICU and pretty much 6 months sedentary has had the biggest impact on my game. I still haven’t recovered the swing speed lost from losing all my muscle tone.

That said every day is a good day and I am thrilled that I can still get out and play golf while walking and carrying my bag.

Just a few things for me, and they're not golf related.

Took some metal in my arm, and chin in that cesspool, police action in S.E. Asia.

Broke an ankle in college playing baseball. Screwed up a slide into 3rd base....ouch. Missed most of my senior sports year. Could of played the following year, but I took my degrees and left.

Nothing bad again. Just a few ankle sprains over the years

Right now, I'm nursing a nagging bone spur issue in my right heel. Not a big deal until it flares up every so often. Feels like I am driving spike into my heel/ankle when it does flare up. In a way it helps my golf swing, since I don't put much weight on it during my swing.

All in all I have been lucky over the years.

I feel I may be able to contribute and even compete.

First major medical problem wasn’t an injury per se, but I was hurting-bad. I picked up an old tire down on the farm when I was 15 or so. Woulda been fine except said tire contained a hornets nest. Jumped into the river nearby to get those bastages to stop stinging me. Over a mile hike to the farmhouse, old farmer Shoop took one look at me and threw my bike and me in the back of his truck and drove me home. I came into the family eating dinner. Dad took one look at me and ran every light on the way to the hospital. By the time I arrived I ALMOST couldn’t breathe. Like it was a serious struggle. My ears were inches thick and I had 1” raised over my entire body, and both inside and out of my throat. Ugh.

So a year or two later I’m wrestling my coach at practice and I tripped him as he was lifting me. All of my weight and his fell on my neck/left shoulder. I felt and heard a “snap!” And went instantly numb, for about 3 seconds and I wigged out because I thought I broke my neck. Well I wish I’d have stayed numb as that was the most painful injury I’ve had. Left collarbone was sticking out of my skin. Get to the hospital and they gave me 2 Tylenol 3’s for pain. I kept passing out, only to be brought back with smelling salts as a fair amount of manipulation was required just to get it patched up to see the bone doc.

Was told that would heal stronger, BS. I’ve now broken that bone at that spot 7 times now. Anytime in the last 25 years that I’ve fell on that side I break the stupid thing.

Next up senior year in football, two broken ribs first game. Tried to come back week 6, nope. I mean I did but I was a shell when I tried to protect the right half of my body.

Next up is luckily my only drunken stupidity (that resulted in broken bones). Buddy and I were heading to another buddies place out in the sticks. Nature called, we pulled over, and I answered and noticed a raccoon sitting on a fence post 20 feet from me. So I “stealthily” approached it and kicked the damn thing as hard as I could. They’re not cute and cuddly they’re mean little craps, but I was also 21 and drunk and I probably wouldn’t kick one sitting still again. Well joke was on me as someone had carved out a raccoon and it wasn’t alive. Broke two bones on the top of my foot. Didn’t even break the fence, lol.

Next up, aside from my glass left collarbone, about 16 years ago I had two back surgeries. The first one minor the second one reconstructive.

About 13 years ago I jumped out of my vehicle during the first ice of the year without thinking and slipped and caught my ribs on my floorboard, breaking 2 of them.

About 6-7 winters ago I was heading into work in a snowstorm, got my car stuck, and sheered off my humorous head trying to push it out when I slipped and held on to my door with my left hand just a second too long. Eventually got it unstuck and even got the business open before leaving midday to go to the hospital. Of course they diagnosed it as another broken collarbone when I told them I’d broken it 6 times before and it wasn’t that. So because of that and even though I had an X-ray done that clearly showed the shoulder break, they get overconfident because of the way the collarbone looks. Ended up having an MRI which showed this....

7BCCDEB7-9DA5-4DA4-80B2-85B2CF21CD8E.jpeg:oops:

Every doctor involved felt pretty silly to have missed it on the X-ray as even I could see it was broken when he looked at it with me after the MRI.

Did good until the fall of 2019. Ran my small car into the back of a huge Jeep at 55mph, he was stopped. Worked a ton, hot out and car was still hot, zoned out and kaboom. At least he wasn’t hurt, but man did I jack up both cars and me.

Ended up breaking 4 ribs, my sternum, both collarbones (bout time I broke the right one!), my right shoulderblade, and my left tibia kicking my door open when I thought the vehicle was on fire. Then they rushed me to a CT, and within 10 minutes of arriving at the hospital, I had 14 hours of emergency surgery where they reattached 2 arteries and tied off a third. Doc later told me I was no more than a half hour from bleeding out. Man that first week was miserable. 9 broken bones, 27 staples from groin to heart, and having had my insides all on my outsides for 12+ hours made me a little grumpy.

6 weeks later, set to go back to work in a week, I get up to hit the restroom in the middle of the night and fall. None of those bones had healed enough to catch me so I just balled up my fists to cushion me the best I could. Unfortunately the right fist hit right in the middle of the patch of 4 freshly busted ones. Rebroke two of them, detaching/displacing one. That sucker has bugged me ever since, wish I’d have just displaced it in the crash, they’d have removed it then.

Other than that I’ve been pretty injury free, lol.

I do get chronic kidney stones and outside of the crash, I’d do ANY of the others before ever getting another one of them.

Dealing with a sprained left shoulder that has kept me off the course for 2 months and counting now

Back