What’s your unicorn club?

Wilson DXi hybrids.

Always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sadly none. They all fail me! Or I them, lol.

Most consistent performer in the bag I’d have to say is my 3w+. Other than an occasional bad swing hook I can pretty easily hit it well off the tee (can work it both ways) or the ground (I don’t intentionally hit a draw from here, success isn’t great) which I can hit straight or cut.

Cobra king Utility. The original chrome version. I feel very confident with that club. It has just the stock 85 (I think) gram aldila x flex rogue hybrid shaft in it. The swing weight is crazy low like C8 or something like that.

I refuse to mess with it even though from a normal though process it should be too light.

It is the club I take off the tee when I want to hit the fairway. So point and shoot.

i was just reminiscing about this club today.. should have never sold it.

M6 3-wood (I may have said that earlier in this thread but I'm too lazy to check). That club is just too awesome!

Original Callaway Steelhead 9w with a DGX100 Lite steel shaft untipped. It’s been on the bag for almost 20 years and for at least 15 of those years I have had numerous long irons, hybrids or other fairway woods in the bag but I always end up with the 9w back in the bag.

It goes 185-200 yards and flies high and lands soft. Bought it years ago as the course where our league is at has 3 of 4 par 3’s that play right in the 180-200 yard range.

It also works very well when you push (I.e slice a drive) and need to hit a longer shot high over the trees to get back in play.

My oldest son calls it a 200 yard pitching wedge.

I have reserved myself to continue playing it until it breaks or I can’t swing it anymore.

Irons and shafts on the other hand can be a revolving door.

E8953ED9-15AA-4269-A873-8914CEB89FDF.jpegE5A3B610-A3C8-49F2-9309-3AEDBA8D7DD2.jpeg

Right now its my 50* Mizuno S18 wedge. Full swings, partial flighted shots or greenside work, feels like I can do anything with it. Makes me question why I even carry a 54.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My Tour Edge Trilogy and Xrail 5 hybrids.
I play the Trilogy at full length as my 175 club and the Xrail shortened an inch as my 165 club. Got my only ace last summer with the Xrail.
rarely do I hook them. Never fade or slice them. Just a reliable high baby draw and great off any lie.

My fugly green shafted 19* Titleist 503h that has been in my bag since 2007. I have at least two dozen driving irons and hybrids that have unable to replace it including the new Srixon driving iron. I have such great control of trajectory and shot shape with that old Titleist and it set up two more birdies from 210+ yards during my Thursday round. If my bag ever got stolen it would be the one club I would be most upset about losing.

288C1450-068D-4FD9-9175-6A715B6363E5.jpeg

My Callaway rogue 3 wood. I can’t hit a driver without a mega slice for some reason, though I can smoke a 3 wood more than far enough and 9/10 times straight as you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any of my i210 irons. Put those back in the bag after playing small cavity backs and blades and they are just so easy and good at everything. Now to just hit more faiwrays.

My Ping G425 3h and/or 6h - easy to make solid contact and when I do, they both perform so well. The 3h in particular really shines.

Callaway X 5 wood from 2006 with a Grafalloy Blue shaft.

Cobra Bio Cell 3h set to 19°. Money, every single time. Good for 220. Need a draw? Need a cut? Yup.

Callaway epic forged 6i (play it like a strong 5i). Thing has been absolute money for longer par 3s and long second shots. It won a closest to the pin last week on a long par 3 and paid itself off. Dont think this one will ever leave the bag.

2015(6?) Big Bertha 4 hybrid. When I need that long approach shot into a green after a crap drive, or tee ball on short, tight par 4’s, it just works.

Been thinking about that 6 hybrid for a while now myself.

It’s amazing - definitely worth it. Honestly I would love to get them all, even the 7h - I don’t know what it is but I hit these so well.

well, I made two unicorns by cutting down the shafts of a g400 3 wood and a heavenwood. Made the same mistake twice of getting a senior shaft. Cutting them down turned the 3 wood into 4 wood and the heavenwood into a regular 7 wood? I like them both now.

Not sure I currently have one in the bag but my 58 deg Cleveland Zipcore is peeking through that door

58* PM Grind 19 wedge. Just awesome from so many different lies. Bought a backup to practice with so I don't wear out my gamer.🏌️‍♂️

It’s amazing - definitely worth it. Honestly I would love to get them all, even the 7h - I don’t know what it is but I hit these so well.
I’ve got a 7 hybrid in the same Bertha line as the 4H I wrote about. Just fun to hit. Goes as long as a 6i sometimes, which is why I was thinking of the Ping.

Back