What’s your unicorn club?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Title says it. What club is your unicorn? That one that just outperforms, consistently performs, is a game changer, or whatever connotation you want to put in there.

my 50*

i've made more from off the green with this club than should be permitted by law

Probably my Taylormade MG 56. I’ve really dialed it in over the past year. My 60 is getting there. Recently picked up a cobra F8 3H that I’m hoping is going to help get me my first eagle

Callaway x2 hot pro 4 hybrid. I have had it since the OG Grandaddy, and nothing else has been able to unseat it.

Big Bertha 3H.
It's the only club I have that actually impresses others when I hit it.

I have that 3H too but the 2019 Big Bertha 4H is my favorite. I just seem to use it all the time. Awesome club, I play a fade mostly with it but can draw it too.

Epic Flash 5H, money for me.

9i. Something about that combination of loft and length and my swing. No matter how much of a slump I am in, even if I feel like I've lost my swing, I almost always hit the 9i perfectly. Straight, high enough to land softly, pretty consistent distance (110-120 yards).

Great Big Bertha Heavenwood, full stop.

Callaway XHot Pro 5 wood

bridgestone j815 driver. never found anything better for me.

Cobra king Utility. The original chrome version. I feel very confident with that club. It has just the stock 85 (I think) gram aldila x flex rogue hybrid shaft in it. The swing weight is crazy low like C8 or something like that.

I refuse to mess with it even though from a normal though process it should be too light.

It is the club I take off the tee when I want to hit the fairway. So point and shoot.

Trusty old Big Bertha 3W. I really should stop trying to hit it out of thick rough, but I’m just so darn confident with the thing!
1596547788232.jpeg

MP20 5i. If I’m having a rough day I can always count on it.

Cobra F9 4 iron with a Catalyst shaft. I hit close to 70% of the fairways with it, which gives me chances to aim at greens (even if it’s a little further away). Compare that with 40% with the driver (booooo). I have found irons that go farther but none that go straighter.

My Epic 5w.

PXG 3 wood. Always thought PXG was just hype, but I got a used one at a good price and it is by far the best fairway wood I have ever hit. Can't miss the fairway off the tee, super easy to hit off the deck, and it just GOES.

For the longest time it's been the 588 3h. I still throw it in the bag now and then. I'm not sure I've been more consistent with a club. That and the mFGP2 private reserve I have are the clubs that have been by far, the hardest to kick out of the bag.

Generally my driver. I am not long but I hit fairways. It is much easier to score from the fairway.

No unicorns right now, they all have their moments good and bad. Used to be my 8i, but now I'm thinking it might be my 6i. Been throwing some darts with it this year. Changes from round to round.

Big Bertha 3H.
It's the only club I have that actually impresses others when I hit it.

yup. gotta agree here. i'll have to admit my 3W gets some oohs and ahhhs lately but there's nothing like clubbing down to a 3H, when everyone else is playing 3W or Driver, and hammering it out there.

Still out there.....

2019 PM Grind 60*. It's ridiculously versatile for me and has saved my butt in a lot of situations.

Back