What 2 months (back to back) are the slowest/longest months out of the year for you?

NoShanks

Grandaddy 19 Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
For me, its January to February.

I live In Ohio and usually can golf through October to early November before hanging up the sticks and then I get a huge itch to want to golf after christmas. January to February are brutal months for me that feels like forever and usually the peak of winter up here.

Once March comes, I know golf season is upon me and usually start playing in April.

Bonus question; what two months are the fastest for you?

I agree with your longest months. Those are some cold, dark times up here...

July and September seem to go by quickest for me. July is peak summertime, and September I’m trying to get in as much as I can before the snow flies.

Longest is January and February. I see a trend!

Fastest is, assuming this is consecutive months also, July and August. I couldn't believe it was already labor day a couple weeks ago.

Longest is January and February. I see a trend!

Fastest is, assuming this is consecutive months also, July and August. I couldn't believe it was already labor day a couple weeks ago.

July and August for me as well. It still feels like July to me that I was just playing on 4th of July!

I wrote my list of projects to do around my house back in May and I barely made a dent in it. My wife gives keeps reminding me to check em off but I think my mind is stuck in July :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going with January and February also. Those months present the best opportunities for us in the deep south to see frigid (sub-70 degrees) daily high temperatures.

Jan - Feb here is dark, cold, snowy. But we ski and stay active. The harder months for me can be March and April. Winter can hold tight and after a long Jan - Feb, those months can be hard to endure.

I'll go February and March. February comes and all I want to do is get on the course. Once March hits we start seeing glimmers of hope of getting on the course and while we'll get nice days there's still usually snow on the ground and it's still frozen so we can't play anyway. It's just a big, annoying tease in March and I'm chomping at the bit to play.

I am going with January and February also. Those months present the best opportunities for us in the deep south to see frigid (sub-70 degrees) daily high temperatures.

Sub 70 is perfect golfing weather up here! It’s like golfing in an air conditioning room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll go February and March. February comes and all I want to do is get on the course. Once March hits we start seeing glimmers of hope of getting on the course and while we'll get nice days there's still usually snow on the ground and it's still frozen so we can't play anyway. It's just a big, annoying tease in March and I'm chomping at the bit to play.

February March is my second choice. So much of my frustration lies in March and April because those months are such a big tease. March in Ohio usually ends snow and then April it rains all the time. But despite all that, it can still be playable, although messy.

January and February to me, I alway find myself wishing it would accelerate and fast forward to March. Especially when pga plays in Hawaii during January lol.

January/February are the worst by far. Nov can still offer some decent weekends up here, and Dec is Christmas time!

Jan & Feb have short, dark days with lots of rain and potentially a good ol snow dumping. PGA show hasn't happened yet so there're no new clubs to demo. Even the nicer weekends you are greeted with the evil grinch known as frost delay. Ugh it's the worst.

November and December for me. I am not a fan of the holiday season. I strongly dislike the obligations that come along with it. I also don't like the added traffic at the airport - and the added idiots inside the airport.

These two months seem to take forever.

I think I'll change my username to Ebenezer Scrooge.

January and February here. Always dark and rainy non stop everyday . Not so much cold but just the days seem to drag on.
Besides that golfing is not really doable with the weather. Usually I end up working in my swing indoors

January and February. It's work, work, work. Going to work, it's dark. Leaving work, it's dark. The weather is awful and often leads to more work. Power outages, Internet outages, damages from the weather at home and work. Less golf.

For me, its January to February.

I live In Ohio and usually can golf through October to early November before hanging up the sticks and then I get a huge itch to want to golf after christmas. January to February are brutal months for me that feels like forever and usually the peak of winter up here.

Once March comes, I know golf season is upon me and usually start playing in April.

Bonus question; what two months are the fastest for you?

Slowest is vague, but longest is not debatable. The only 2 months, back to back, that have 31 days each are July and August so they win the longest back to back contest.

We play year-'round here in OK, but I despise Jan/Feb for the brutally cold winds, if nothing else.

January and February are the longest for me. Usually because it gets so cold and the days are dark sooner, just a depressing time of year. I will try to go to a simulator maybe one each month just to swing the clubs, but it's really not the same. I've done it enough times that I really don't have expectations on what I would shoot, but sometimes I leave wishing I could have hit balls outdoors to see the actual flight and feel the grass around me.

Shortest are June and July, traditionally these are the months where I play the most, with August not far behind. But also these are the months where I feel like I am the busiest too, just a great time of hear with good temperatures, lot of family and friend commitments. Just wish I could experience that weather just a week or two longer. But MD overall isn't bad so can't complain too much there!

Being in the midwest January/February are always the slowest. Usually we go to the Chicago Golf Show at the end of February and this marks the start of the season for me. We hit up Top Golf on the way home and it's usually the first swings of the season.

The fastest always seems to be August/September, usually a ton of golf outings and league is winding down. They just seem to fly by with many rounds going.

Not exactly two months, but the longest stretch of time for me that never seems to end is from the day after the Super Bowl to March Madness. I am not a big Hockey guy and although I like Basketball I don't watch it nightly. So, after the football season ends and until the March Madness Tournament is a dead zone for me in terms of sports. It doesn't help that playing golf is very unlikely as well with our weather in the Northeast.

Like above, not exactly 2 months: mid July to mid September because of the heat in central Florida. The temps are the same year after year but as I get older I seem to feel the heat more....
I’m on the coast just north of Daytona, at least we have some type of ocean breeze some days. Can not imagine the heat index in the Orlando area.

July and August is brutal for golf in Houston. The actual temps are mid to high nineties with heat indexes in the mid 100's. It is a chore to play and practice in these months but they fly by due to being busy at work.

January and February are decent months for golf but the short days and slow time at work make them crawl by.

Jan/Feb

Because of winter, yes, but then when March 1 hits HS golf season starts here and it’s like going from 0 to 120 mph for me.

I wrote my list of projects to do around my house back in May and I barely made a dent in it. My wife gives keeps reminding me to check em off but I think my mind is stuck in July
I think you should politely tell your wife that if a man says he'll do something, he will. He doesn't need to be reminded every six months.

Feb/March, easy. Football has just ended and the days are still short/cold for much golf. Booo! (n)

Jan and Feb are the slowest, but there are times where we can play. Jun and Jul are the fastest for sure.

Mid jan thru Mid mar is the worst for me.

For me, February and March drag by slowly. By the time March hits, it's time to start thinking about golf again and I'm starting to get the itch to get out again.

Back