Votes: 3 7.0%

Votes: 37 86.0%

• Total voters

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
With Tiger approaching the 40 year mark and many THP'ers doing the same, at what age would you consider old in terms of golfing age? I play every week with a little old man who is 75 years old and weighs about 145 soaking wet, plays the same tees as I do and hits it further. The old dude shoots his age on occasion too.

I dont think there is one, its why golf is called a lifelong game/sport.

So long as you're on the right side of the turf, you can still play, IMO. I don't think there is old in golf. My Pepere (grandfather) is closing in on 80, and gets better contact out of his irons than I do, and says putting today is almost cheating it's so easy.

With Tiger approaching the 40 year mark and many THP'ers doing the same, at what age would you consider old in terms of golfing age? I play every week with a little old man who is 75 years old and weighs about 145 soaking wet, plays the same tees as I do and hits it further. The old dude shoots his age on occasion too.

I play with several guys that are from 65 to 75 and they can still play. Fear the old guy with old clubs.

On the reg. tour, 40 is about it and then they wait till they are 50 and go again. I know for me at soon to be 54, I'm not 24 any longer and it is getting tougher playing from the "mens" tee's in official events. I think it sucks that the pro's get to play shorter lengths at 50, but my home course does not move anyone up until 70. I'll be dead by then...........

I regularly get beat by 65 year olds .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope to be playing until I am laid to rest. 70 seems a bit young to me to be the highest option!

I play with several guys that are from 65 to 75 and they can still play. Fear the old guy with old clubs.

On the reg. tour, 40 is about it and then they wait till they are 50 and go again. I know for me at soon to be 54, I'm not 24 any longer and it is getting tougher playing from the "mens" tee's in official events. I think it sucks that the pro's get to play shorter lengths at 50, but my home course does not move anyone up until 70. I'll be dead by then...........

That's the age the seniors have the opportunity to move up a set of tees at my course too. It was the same age at my last course up here so that must be the standard although most of our "seniors = 70" refuse to leave the white tees which doesn't make much sense.

I hope to be playing until I am laid to rest. 70 seems a bit young to me to be the highest option!

I agree but how do you add the 80 option on the survey?

I've learned not to underestimate anyone who I'd normally consider old haha I've had my ass KICKED by some older dudes. Guess at 90 you'd be old

Wait....I'm supposed to play old clubs? I knew I was doing something wrong!

Chose 70 since there wasn't an option never told old...great thing about this game is you can play for as long as your body lets you.

I think it depends on ur level. If ur a pro 50 is old. But then ur a young buck on the senior tour.

In regular everyday life ur age matters none as long as u can hit the ball farther than 50 yards on a regular basis IMO. That's what makes golf amazing. My basketball career ended abruptly this year at 27. Only thing that makes me feel better about it is that I can golf at least 50 years

Wait....I'm supposed to play old clubs? I knew I was doing something wrong!

You're one of the old dudes that are taking them to the woodshed :bomb:

I dont think there is one, its why golf is called a lifelong game/sport.

I'm with you Jman. I voted the oldest age, but my vote would be for even older. If I can walk and swing a club, I'm golfing till I can't.

My dad just played 27 holes today in 100 degree temperatures at the age of 72, and he feels fine now. This game is timeless.

I'm with you Jman. I voted the oldest age, but my vote would be for even older. If I can walk and swing a club, I'm golfing till I can't.

Dang if I knew how to change the poll to 80 or even 90 I would do so as I had a feeling some of you would say older than 70 :banghead:

I agree but how do you add the 80 option on the survey?

Your guess is as good as mine. If you figure it out, go with "till death do us part" instead of 80!

I think golf is ageless ... one of the beauties of it.

Dang if I knew how to change the poll to 80 or 90 I would do so as I had a feeling some of you would say older than 70 :banghead:
Haha no worries OG!! I just love the fact it's something I can do for as long as my body will allow me. It's a game that has brought my old man and I a whole hell of a lot closer than if we didn't play and something I can look foward to sharing with him for a long time coming!

Your guess is as good as mine. If you figure it out, go with "till death do us part" instead of 80!

Reminds me of the old man in his nineties who took his golf cap off when a funeral position was going by. He had such a passion for golf and said he sure was going to miss her. I asked him who she was and he said his fifth wife. :alien:

Haha no worries OG!! I just love the fact it's something I can do for as long as my body will allow me. It's a game that has brought my old man and I a whole hell of a lot closer than if we didn't play and something I can look foward to sharing with him for a long time coming!

I love it! That's some awesome stuff right there :clapp:

Heck, after they stick me in the ground is too old for me. I'm 62 and my Dad is 86 and we still have our annual golf outing together. He can't swing worth a crap, drinks more beer than he should, hits on every cart girl he can find and never fails to tell me my putting sucks. I can't wait to get old!!

I picked 70 because it was the highest one. I'm not sure there really is a definition for old in golf. I'm 50 now, but I hit the ball farther than I did in my twenties. I sometimes wonder how much stronger I'm going to get.

All I know is I haven't reached old yet for golf. I have never been better.

Which, as bad as I am, is really kinda sad . . .

I cant vote because I don't think golf has an age for payers to consider "old for golf". . The only thing truly old in golf is the game itself.

Back