What annoying recurring pain do you have but play on anyway?

TLuke

Reaction score
Handicap
None
For me it’s a recurring right Gluteus Maximus pain that comes and goes and responds well to OTC meds. And arthritis in the big index knuckles on both hands. Father Time is not kind to us who play the non-contact sport of golf. 😂 BTW are those Theragun devices the real deal?

Turtlerancher

2021 Morgan Cup- Go Team Hackers! 😎
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.8 unoffi
Having a partially torn rotator cuff and a bone on bone right knee are everyday pains I live with golfing or not. 😔

Jaw2000

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
WHERE TO START!!!

I guess for me, it's plantar fasciitis. I have had it for years, most of the time it's dormant. But when walking (as I do now, with push cart), it flares up around 14 or 15, makes the last few holes that much more troublesome. It'll go away later that night or the next day.

I have arthritis in both hands/thumbs/wrists. Presently use graphite shafts, looking to grip/regrip with midsize for a bit more shock absorption.

Bottom line, I love the game, so accept these what I will annoyances, for now. Oh, back stuff too, I get on the inversion table when I get home from golf - it helps.

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Lower back, it's always there.

RealPretendPsychic

2021 Grandaddy - Team THP
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Back, knees, left index finger. Actually changed my grip from interlock to overlap because of the finger pain.

Bernoulli

Enjoy every sandwich
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
😂 BTW are those Theragun devices the real deal?
In one word: YES! If you haven’t followed the thread on the Theragun Pro, then you should take a look at it. I have been dealing with shoulder bursitis and tendonitis in my right shoulder since November. I have been using the Theragun nearly daily over the last several weeks. My range of motion has greatly improved and the pain from the bursa and tendon had greatly diminished.

Maric

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Wonky right ankle - Posterior Tibia Tendonitis, Arthritis in my little finger left hand. The tendon makes it a real pain to play CPO on hilly courses.

jvbart

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just took 3 months off to get rid of golfers elbow, so far it's been ok since coming back.

I have nagging pain in my neck from playing rugby for 20 years but it's usually not too bad.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
For me it’s a recurring right Gluteus Maximus pain that comes and goes and responds well to OTC meds. And arthritis in the big index knuckles on both hands. Father Time is not kind to us who play the non-contact sport of golf. 😂 BTW are those Theragun devices the real deal?
We gave away five of them to Albatross Club Members for review and they are posting about them daily.
Oh yeah, we gave away 10 minis a few months ago too :ROFLMAO:

jjsportz

2021 Morgan Cup Team Paradise
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Im getting old! Left knee, left hip, lower back. Probably the worst combo, but its no competition.

Bernoulli

Enjoy every sandwich
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
As far as injuries, I have two arthritic knees, a herniated and bulging disc in my back and shoulder bursitis and tendonitis. I stretch, exercise , keep my weight in check and try to remain as active as possible. I back off on how much golf I play if necessary.

jvbart

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I love the theragun mini! It's a life saver especially for back pain.

McRock

Reaction score
Handicap
Inflammation in a tendon that is attached somewhere between my left wrist and left thumb. Sometimes, the inflammation hurts so much, its hard to pick a golf club up. Thankfully, doctor told me I'm not hurting anything. He suggested stretches and ice.

~Rock

RayG

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Like others... where to begin. Nagging back issues from a broken back that can manifest at anytime, but it's more of a nuisance ache than a sharp pain that stops me from playing.

Arthritic Knees that will bark after awhile, but only while walking, not actually during the swing.

Shoulder injury that really jabs when I move it the wrong way, but fortunately, when I swing "correctly", there is no pain at all. That way I know I'm doing it 'right'.

Currently dealing with a strained muscle in my neck/shoulder area that does loosen up as I play, but again, doesn't affect my swing... after a couple of warmups anyway.

greekelite

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have this weird click where I guess a tendon snaps against my collarbone.. even my chiropractors are like WTF

And my left hip when I rotator it externally pops a good bit

Annoying as hell but I play through them

tehuti

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
20+
Plantar fasciitis in my left heel. It's usually not too bad when I am playing but by the time I get home and have cooled off it stiffens up and I am limping. Occasionally it flares up before I finish my round, but not unbearable.

Mark_UK

Legal Alien
Reaction score
Handicap
NCGA 12.8
Wrist, shoulder, back, neck, knees......... My warm up routine is taking 2 Advil in the first tee LOL.

fatboy

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Lmao. 9 rt knee surgeries, 2 l knee, 3 rt shoulder, left shoulder, both elbows, wrist, stomach, neck, rib removal. I have all kinds of pain. Arthritis is bad but lesions on my ribs (thanks chernobyl) are the worst. I love golf. I play as often as i can (never enough). Some days are better than others. Will never swing as hard as i used to but its still fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chef23

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If I didn't have pain every morning when I got out of bed I am not sure I would believe I was still alive. I have a few main spots and some minor ones. I have a mid back issue which has not been able to be diagnosed for 8+ years. It is chronic and sore but not debilitating. When I am religious about my core and flexibility work I can swing without too much issue. I also have early stage arthritis in my right hip (I got hit by a car and fractured my pelvis as a child). This is something else that responds better when I am active and do recovery work. Other minor things include left shoulder, achillies issues, a history with golfers elbow (fortunately not bothering me now) and some hand and finger issues.

If you have been active when younger I think aches and pains are unavoidable. I have a few more than many but I am able to play about as much golf as I want. My body issues have made me reduce the aggressiveness of my other passion which is water skiing. My back won't withstand the torque of that at the higher speeds anymore.

TheDoctor

One of the UK Hackers
Reaction score
Handicap
7.4 (WHS)
Following a slipped disc 8 years ago, I suffer from sciatica and facet joint pain in my lower back that means every day is painful to some degree

JZ777

Reaction score
Handicap
When play a lot and hit a ton of balls (which is pretty much my lifestyle), tendonitis flares up in my left elbow. Pop some Motrin and fight through it.

OldandStiff

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
The number of things torn, broken and patched together, or just worn out are too many to mention. The hardware in my ribcage isn't rated for golf, or my life really so golf or not that will be a lifelong complication/irritation, but moments when nerve pain isn't noticable are rare, and wonderful. Nerve pain is a s.o.b. to focus through while swinging. Golf can make it worse, but doesn't always, and I'd gladly give up golf if that would go away the rest of the time.

Last edited:

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in