WHAT ARE COYOTES DOING IN THE MIDDLE OF BOSTON?

The coyotes in my town figured out when auto doors would open on the chicken coup. And go in and grab one of them, they are smart animals.

No pictures?
It didn't happen.

People see them all the time in downtown Chicago.

Years ago there was a pic on the front page of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, showing a coyote trotting on the ice of a frozen Lake Erie with the downtown in the background! One night a few years ago, a coyote yapping in a neighbor's back yard woke me up in the middle of the night. I live in Youngstown, about halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh. One time I had a hen wild turkey and 8 poults in my back yard, and I live IN TOWN! So, it's not just coyotes. A whole lot of deer live in the undeveloped parts of an industrial park about 1/2 mile away. I saw the biggest buck of my life back there walking around. I booted it out of a thicket about the size of my living room! It was 300 lbs easy, and I got a real good look at it because it stopped and turned back to look at me. Long enough time to count points. Typical 12 point that was just huge! Boone & Crockett or Pope & Young easy, but you can't hunt them in there.

This reminds me. We had a beach house in Ocean City, MD. It was out on the island in a development with houses and condos right by the bridge over the bay in a very congested area and there was a fox family living in the overgrowth by the bay water. We saw 2 of them walking back from getting ice cream one night. Looked up and there they were. 2 bushy tail red foxes standing right in the middle of the main walking path. We did not ask them what they say.

Wow! These foxes go to get ice cream? They must be smart, and have figured out a way to make money!

They were abundant when we lived near Sacramento and we have lots of coyotes and fox at our home less than 10 miles from downtown Minneapolis. The love cats and small dogs and we've watched them kill rabbits in our back yard as recently as last March. We hear them in the summer but never see them unless it's winter.

The Timberwolve population had exploded in MN the last decade or so and their range now extends a little to the south of our cabin that is only 100 miles north of Minneapolis. The ranchers occasionally report a wolf kill and the DNR will pay them fair market value for the livestock killed.

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 7.48.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-22 at 7.47.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-22 at 7.47.24 PM.png

As more development takes place, wild animals are forced out of their habitat. I live just south of Boston and we have our share of coyotes.

They were abundant when we lived near Sacramento and we have lots of coyotes and fox at our home less than 10 miles from downtown Minneapolis. The love cats and small dogs and we've watched them kill rabbits in our back yard as recently as last March. We hear them in the summer but never see them unless it's winter.

The Timberwolve population had exploded in MN the last decade or so and their range now extends a little to the south of our cabin that is only 100 miles north of Minneapolis. The ranchers occasionally report a wolf kill and the DNR will pay them fair market value for the livestock killed.

View attachment 9029438View attachment 9029439View attachment 9029440

What happened to SIBISYM up there! You know. Shoot It, Bury It, Shut Your Mouth!

Back