What are doing during the lockdown ?

3_putt

Reaction score
Handicap
I am back in my house in Colorado as employer issue work from home till May.

I just bought some wood stains to do work on our patio set. This is the first project I will undertake.

Next, I plan to change brake pads and rotors in my 2 vehicles.

What are or will be doing ?

Today I am replacing steps on my deck. Yesterady I put up my hitting net. Tomorrow I hope to get out for a round or at least play 9.

After that....who knows. Work primarily. I do have materials coming in to make my own hitting matt/platform.

I am back in my house in Colorado as employer issue work from home till May.

I just bought some wood stains to do work on our patio set. This is the first project I will undertake.

Next, I plan to change brake pads and rotors in my 2 vehicles.

What are or will be doing ?
I’m adding poly coating to our dining room table and the matching bench. First coat on both this morning. Gonna try a second this evening.

Built some shelves for my son’s room and the living room. Crazy how much stuff I’ve accomplished when I haven’t need to go into work in 2 weeks.

I was home on paid admin leave from Wed, 18 Mar, to Mon, 23 Mar, I worked at the workplace Wed-Fri, I'll likely go to the range today and hit a couple of buckets, I'll be on paid admin leave again starting Monday UFN.

I cut a tree down in the back yard that I've been wanting to get rid of for some time, too. I'll find some other little odd jobs to do around the house while we're here, but probably nothing major.

Will be changing the oil on the bike tomorrow. Other than that, throwing some darts, putting with the putt out trainer, getting back into nerdy flight simming, throttling the kids......

Tying flies, TV, video games, backyard chipping, and working 2 space shooter game (R-type, Lifeforce, ect) in Unity. Still have to work onsite every other week so i do have some normalcy.

Playing a lot of Playstation. FIFA 20 and The Golf Club 2019.

The first 3 days I was off I deep cleaned most of the house. Played quite a bit of golf also. These last 3 just small honey dos and some golf. I will be returning to work Monday and looks to be a full week.

Lots of cooking, TV, hitting the bike, treadmill, and weights in our home gym, walks outside, and a couple hours of putting a day on the basement green. It’s very strange and amazing to have all 3 of our kids at home until August. My wife and I appreciate every day knowing that we will likely see our two oldest more in the next 5 months than we will total in the next 30 years.

Still working, marina doesn't get in full swing until mid April so I'm the only one there. With the economy being so questionable who knows what will happen. The owner just came back from Florida Friday, said he is quarantining himself until Tuesday then will be down to discuss stuff with me ie; summer help and dealing with customers.

Stepped up my cooking game for my wife, who is still working a lot. Painting tons of furniture for our future baby coming in June, working on some trim around the exterior windows, getting to the self serve range when I can, got back in to a couple hobbies including guns and guitar. Staying productive!

Some of the side effects have of this have actually been pretty nice. The quality time with the family has been awesome. We are taking more walks and bike rides etc. I am cleaning things around the house that have never been cleaned etc. Trying to keep positive with all of this as the negatives far outweigh the pros but it hasn't been all bad. Today the garage got cleaned up a bit and the interior of the car detailed.

Some of the side effects have of this have actually been pretty nice. The quality time with the family has been awesome. We are taking more walks and bike rides etc. I am cleaning things around the house that have never been cleaned etc. Trying to keep positive with all of this as the negatives far outweigh the pros but it hasn't been all bad. Today the garage got cleaned up a bit and the interior of the car detailed.

I completely agree with this. I think a lot of people are filling there time with things that really matter such as their family or faith. Sounds like everyone is being super productive and finding a way to get through this!

Working (thankfully).

Work has modified my schedule. Main thing I'll be doing when not in the office is childcare.

My keep the house clean chores have been upped a lot. I'm vacuuming, doing laundry, and wiping down surfaces multiple times per week.

To say lightly, things have been a bit stressful for my wife and I at work.

Yard work and pressure washing so far. Refinishing front and rear decks are on the agenda after house pressure washing is finished.

Cleaned out the garage today. We have done 2 puzzles as a family. I have cooked a lot of dinners and breakfasts. We have watched a movie most nights. My son has his permit so I have taken him.out driving several times. We went to play tennis together. We are doing yard work tomorrow. Actually this has been nice for us. I wish it was as good for everyone as I realize I am in a top 2%-3% situation and many are not even close to as fortunate as we are.

Lots of cooking, TV, hitting the bike, treadmill, and weights in our home gym, walks outside, and a couple hours of putting a day on the basement green.

But isn’t this your usual normal daily routine?

Lots of tree work, hitting on the sim, lifting weights, running, and trying to build up a backstop for my shooting range

But isn’t this your usual normal daily routine?

No, lol. It’s usually much more golf or water sports related. I’m not very good at being inside.

So here in Santa Clara County California we've been under restrictions for a little over 3 weeks, under shelter in place for just about 2 weeks. Frankly, I'm working like a dog from home. I had a lot going on before all this happened. In week one we had to replan operations FOUR times. Almost every day that first week we had to replan because of new directives from one governmental agency or another. I've had some major projects I can do from anywhere. Just in the last 2-3 days I've started carving out a little time to do some things just to stay physically active. Bike riding, hedge trimming or gym type workout. It's only an hour a day, but it helps.

Besides hitting a few golf balls through out the day, i have a few other thoings going on.

Spent sometime today getting rid of weeds in the side yards. Throwing away some other stuff we no longer need.

We have a small starage shed on the property. Checked it out for uninvited rodents, and reptiles.

I have been rearranging stuff in the RV. Actually just reminding myself where some stuff is. Also doing a little light maintenance as needed..

Have been reading a few books, and magazines. Mostly on fishing.

I have a dog named Bear. We go for walks down various dirt roads. Usually a mile or two. We call him Moose due to his size. 140+lbs of St Bernard, and Shepard mix. He will be 14 in August, which makes him an oldtimer, especially for his size.

Just trying to keep busy.

Back