What are some of the worst swings you’ve seen?

Crapgame

Reaction score
Obviously Sir Charles has some but this is pretty amusing

I am actually impressed that he made contact with the ball.

Yeah, that's up there with Barkley, but I think he got better results.

He hit it straight, which is more than I can say for some of my drives yesterday. :laughing:

Check out Coach Rusty on Instagram. He has a small series called #reenhackments where he recreates crazy swings like this. He has like six videos so far and they are all pretty ridiculous!

This one may be the most out there

Last edited:
I played with a guy in a league who was a researcher. He had a VERY wide stance, would bend his knees about 45 degrees, pitch his spine angle about 30 degrees back and away from the ball, tilt his head back, stretch his arms out in front of him and put the club on the ground about 12 inches behind and 4 inches inside the ball. Then swing from this position.

Predictably he missed the ball entirely about 40% of the time. Most of the rest were topped or toed.

But here is the clincher. He was always giving other players unsolicited advice on their swing technique--as in from the first tee to the last.

Mine, on training video.

In my mind, it's fluid with great extension and rotation.

Apparently I am delusional

Those of my grandmother and grandfather, both lost to this earth, but responsible for my taking up golf. I can still do a pretty good imitation of them both with my grandmother having a 2 part swing with a HUGE pause at the top and my grandfather's figure of 8 swing to get around his belly :LOL:

Honestly, my own.

Check out Coach Rusty on Instagram. He has a small series called #reenhackments where he recreates crazy swings like this. He has like six videos so far and they are all pretty ridiculous!

This one may be the most out there

looks like he tried to replicate but didn’t want to get hurt 😂

I was paired with a gentleman once while in Arizona - he took a divot with his driver. On purpose.

I golf with a woman that looks like she's doing the hula the way she sways her hips. She's not bad, drives are long but always straight down the fairway.

I have a friend who has played for 26 years and has the worst swing I've ever seen. He has never gotten even decent at golf but still plays twice a week.

Ho Sung Choi’s whiff today has to rank up there somewhere! (Can’t link from my phone, but you can find it on Twitter and probably YouTube by now)

I played with a friend’s dad who dug the deepest trenches I’ve ever seen. Multiple times I saw him come down so steep on the ball it actually popped up and went backwards 🤯

I saw Manute Bol swing a golf club once. It was like someone threw a ladder down a flight of stairs. No footage that I can find.

Manute Bol was the real GOAT.

I guy I now play with 2-3 times a year has developed an awkward Barkley-esque stop/squat/severe reroute/go in the middle of his swing. When he first invited me to join his group he was very apologetic in describing what I'd be seeing as he assumed I was familiar with his old swing 'when he was good'. I'm not from here so I wasn't. Thing is that even with the hitch he's still real REAL good. He's one of the very few I've played with who legitimately (100% RoG) challenges par or better most times out. Last time he shot 69 off the blues. (par 72, 6536, 71.4, 124). I have since learned from another friend that this guy knocked Payne out of districts or sectionals in the past and also played several bigger events (unsure if it would've been Hogan Tour? Nike Tour? or whatever during his heyday). His swing now is ugly but he still gets it out there on a string.(y)

Last edited:
In the mirror at my last lesson. I thought I swung like Adam Scott.....I don't :LOL:

Back in late '90's I was pretty new to playing regularly. Definitely was not very good but I had some understanding of swing mechanics and tempo and the concept of "let the club do the work". Well, the company I worked for was having a golf outing and among the couple dozen of us in the Survey division, the competitive smack talk escalated pretty quickly. Obviously, there were some guys who were long time regular players, even a couple who were pretty good. Then the group of casual players that weren't good but can get around the course. Then there was the group of newbies, maybe played as a kid but not in years.

The loudest talker of all was "I played baseball in high school, coulda gone pro" guy... a real Uncle Rico, actually I think his name was Kyle, a new hire in his early 20's. He figured its just a ball & stick sport and the ball wasn't even moving, unlike in baseball... so after the week leading up to the round and all the talk about driving the ball 300 yards, yadda-yadda, we all gathered at the first tee. The company had the entire course to ourselves, between 70 some employees and families, etc. It was decided anyone who wanted to try the long drive contest to start the day which would be at #1. So at least 50 some of us are gathered and a couple of the experienced sticks knocked some good balls down the middle, no surprises. One big muscle bound guy probably hit one 400 yards but 200 of it was slice.

Then we get to Kyle. Showed up in his work boots. Didn't bother to tie them... likely was already drinking. Still talking as he gets on the box and puts his tee in the ground. A couple of big softball style warmup swings and he's ready to address the ball. Proceeding to take the fastest backswing/transition/forwardswing/follow-thru I've ever seen in my life. Ball still on the tee. The crowd hooted & hollered. He set up to try again. Swings even harder. Ball still unaffected. Everyone is now laughing out loud, guys are doubled over laughing. Third try, like Might Casey at the bat, a massive swing & whiff. Actually spun out of his stance and fell over, one of his workboots flew off and knocked the ball off the tee to raucous applause by all!!!

That's the worst swing I've ever seen. It was like he was trying to slice a large watermelon in half with a dull samurai sword. Only 150% effort was going to get the job done...

Ho Sung Choi is always fun to watch....

At We Ko Pa a few weeks ago, we saw a woman in her early 60's that we called the Statue of Liberty. She would swing to a position up top where the club was completely vertical, and then hold that for about 7 seconds before starting the downswing. It was bizarre!

Meanwhile, our golfing buddy here in Humble has THE WORST reverse pivot I've ever seen and he can top 14 drives in a round with no problem. Like Barkley, he has a mental problem with this move and just can't stop doing it on the course.

Three guys that I play with on a semi-regular basis. Two are friends of a friend, the other is my oldest golf bud's BIL. Oh Jeez! The one friend is a big, immensely strong kid who either likes to brag about these mythical scores he's shot, or whine about how poorly he's playing "that day"! My old golf bud and I were playing against his Son and this guy in a 2 man scramble. After another duffed shot, he whined that he couldn't remember the last time he played so bad. I leaned toward my buddy and said that I could, It was the very last time we played with him!

The other guy has a swing with about million moving parts! It is straight from the bizarro world. The thing is, every once in a while he'll really catch one. I've seen him drive a green 325 yards away! Admittedly, that doesn't happen very often, but it makes him disinclined to accept or ask for help. Which is fine by me! If he asked for help, I'd have no idea where to begin, or what to tell him!

I can't begin to describe the last guy!

Back