What are some of the worst swings you’ve seen?

One of the older guys I play with has limited mobility, so he has a short, choppy backswing and rotates 90° on his follow through, leaving him with his body and both feet facing forward, straddling where his ball had been teed up, with his club pointing straight downrange. He knows it's an odd swing, but it's his swing and he has no intention of changing it. He's in his mid/late 70s and shoots mid/high 80s, so he's happy enough with that.

I am in the camp that is pretty much tired of seeing people get made fun of on twitter and on Instagram.

Max Homa doing it is something different because people are sending themselves into it.

This game is great because all kinds of swings can produce great results.

That made me laugh out loud and I was in a city council meeting. Luckily, it was Zoom.

Played with an older fellow in a league once who inverted his hands...lead hand low and he made the most pathetic weak slap at the ball. I don't care how limited he felt his mobility was, he would have done better to hold the club properly.

I had a couple of doozies today. The ones where you don't get off your right side and then try to "rescue" the shot... just don't.... just don't... it ends badly. Let the club fly out of your hands or something like that. Do something that makes it like you didn't mean to hit the ball so you get a do over.

I was paired with a gentleman once while in Arizona - he took a divot with his driver. On purpose.

Takes the spin out of it if done behind the ball? Otherwise, dunno on that one?

Not to go "there" but was a little disappointed Condoleeza Rice was the first female member at Augusta. That swing was not pretty at the time, anyway.
Chris Berman must have been mentioned already. :cool:

Poor Rusty

Ugliest swing I've ever seen is ArmyGolf circa 2013.

Back