What are you building? (Club style)

My makeshift club drying station...lol. Changed the shafts in my irons yesterday afternoon.

5314beb66d76fc47a4f348d50c0dd45d.jpg

What are you building? (Club style)

Re gripping this set of Callaway XR-18s. As you can see I have plenty of help.
b97cfcb98463583827915ae13501ca38.jpg
4701b5a37c1d3b59093bee2eaa30bd14.jpg

All cleaned up and ready to go
968403f2526f8c1355b46b44dfa07bd3.jpg

Just got these finished up. I am really liking the UTX grips. May go with them on mine next time.
c5d2e811166889c0d84050ef0126c3db.jpg
a27c515cc384c2534e04375c15d39b77.jpg

I need to pull the trigger on UTx's from Lamkin, I've got a fair few to put on. Have NDMC on my irons now in decent shape, not sure if I'll leave them on our switch back to UTx. Everything else has or will have UTx.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Just built this M2 3 wood over the weekend. The shaft was from my 915D2 so I had to pull the Titleist adapter using a heat gun which I found very difficult to do without a shaft puller. It was heat then attempt to pull multiple times before it finally came off. The black paint on the adapter actually started coming off from my attempts to pull the adapter off so I ended up trashing it. The shaft had to be tipped since it was going into a 3 wood. MRC recommends 0.5" for a 3 wood, but I swing hard and hit a high ball so I tipped it 1". Then I dry fit the head to compare playing length to my 915F (43") and butt trimmed the remaining material to get M2 the same length. I also used the dry fit to determine how much of the tip would be inside the M2 hosel and then sanded the paint off that area to ensure a good bonding surface for the epoxy. I use a small pipe cutter to tip/butt trim and it works very quickly and easily. There is always some frayed residual graphite on the shaft after a cut, but it's knocked off easily if you hit it with some sand paper. I was sure to get all the excess old epoxy out of the tip of the shaft and used GolfWorks brand 24hr epoxy that I picked up from a local Golf Galaxy. I just used a pencil to get the new epoxy into the M2 hosel. I let the club sit for around 30 hours (Friday night to sometime Sunday) before installing the grip.

BBCAF104-83FD-4B91-9A5F-D2586CD7A8EF_zpssg2280ql.jpg

D02DE771-94A9-43FF-A1F8-2CD959548EFB_zpslhde3ofa.jpg

C607AE6E-18C8-4560-AFAA-50D4915623BD_zpspzw17iok.jpg

B7B863C5-53D0-45DD-AB6E-BBD51999CBD5_zps7gedwhgn.jpg

It turned out perfect. This was my first attempt at using epoxy. I hit it 50+ times on the range last night and the head didn't fall off so I have that going for me.

ETA - I've since hit this 3 wood a ton on the range with no issues. So I'd say my first build was a success.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm working on a few things.
4d7a497243b90ffaf1974883994e044d.jpg

Cobra Fly Z Pro's with Project x shafts. I cant wait to get them in the bag. I've hit blades before and I think
these are some of the easier blades to hit for those that like the look and feel of blades.

1c68337d33300d766a7d67064b29a7a2.jpg

Recoil Wedge Protos in the RTX3 wedges, and Program F15 120X in the 765's!

Once I find the rest if my ferrules today, I'll be putting the F5 Recoil 110s into the W/S FG Tour V6's.

I'm excited.

Ur an animal im a little jelly

All cured and gripped up, hope to get them out for a bit tomorrow.

PX LZ untipped is going in the Tight Lies Ti 3W for an experiment.

Somebody talk to me about graphite extensions. Really want to try out the shaft that came in my rtx-3 I won, but need to add some length.

Somebody talk to me about graphite extensions. Really want to try out the shaft that came in my rtx-3 I won, but need to add some length.

use a proper extension, not a "universal", any more then an inch and the chance of breakage increases greatly

Throwing a heavier 3w shaft in my driver adapter to make a super-short driver, around 43". Adding head weight with lead tape at first, then possibly hotmelt if the experiment works.

use a proper extension, not a "universal", any more then an inch and the chance of breakage increases greatly
What do you mean by a "proper" extension? Sorry, I have no experience with extensions at all.

Im new and I hope this fits the topic. Im curious as to why Jimmy Walker cut his driver down to 42" rather than just choke up. You could mark the handle for a consistent grip. Is the fulcrum point that critical being only two inches choked up.

Digging through my gear today, and somehow I have enough grips kicking around to re-grip 3 sets of clubs..... what the heck?

Looks like I need more clubs.

Next up, UTx going on a set of C200's!

Question for anyone who has experience with it:

If I need to turn a putter shaft because I awesomely put the grip on misaligned and I'm too OCD to leave it...can I just heat and turn it a little? or should I completely re-set the shaft with new epoxy?

Question for anyone who has experience with it:

If I need to turn a putter shaft because I awesomely put the grip on misaligned and I'm too OCD to leave it...can I just heat and turn it a little? or should I completely re-set the shaft with new epoxy?

The epoxy bond would be fractured in all likelihood. You're far better off having the grip reinstalled.

Im new and I hope this fits the topic. Im curious as to why Jimmy Walker cut his driver down to 42" rather than just choke up. You could mark the handle for a consistent grip. Is the fulcrum point that critical being only two inches choked up.

This might be better as a topic of it's own, but I do think there's a distinct difference between playing a club at 42 and choking up on a 45 inch club three inches. A bit of counter balance in play, a bit of total balance in the way the shaft bends.

it would definitely trip me up.

Back