What are you building? (Club style)

Something about a wingman? or Maybe Great Balls of Fire?

"Goose, its time to buzz the tower" on the 60*.

Hell, I may go all Top Gun on all 3.

I've always liked
"Too close for missiles" on one wedge
And then
"Switching to guns!" on another.

how about...

Goose: "Show me the way home, honey."

and or

"This is what I call a target-rich environment."

how about...

Goose: "Show me the way home, honey."

and or

"This is what I call a target-rich environment."
I'm leaning the second one on the 50*, I love that one. 56* You can be my wingman anytime, and then 60* the buzz the tower one.

Just glued up a set of MP-32 with KBS 105 tours, +1.5" and 2 degrees up. Have been fit to that length and lie twice now at different places, so going to give it a try despite the naysayers.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Think I'm gonna fill the bottom groove with white on these. Wish I could find the paint they use in the RTX 3 as I'm assuming the Tamiya probably won't hold up well in that location.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Finally got the DG spinners in my wedges, and got the UST Mamiya Elements Wind in the Divine Nine. I had to eyeball my 1:1 epoxy so I hope it cures properly. Lot of trial and error (mostly error) with these first few clubs, but it's fun. I'm going to get a more accurate kitchen scale tomorrow before I put MyFly8 adapters on my Grafalloy Boost and Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara Eagle shafts.

I think I have about a half dozen MyFly8 adapter'd shafts. Probably time I learn to carefully pull one from a shaft I'm not using. Any tips?

Finally got the DG spinners in my wedges, and got the UST Mamiya Elements Wind in the Divine Nine. I had to eyeball my 1:1 epoxy so I hope it cures properly. Lot of trial and error (mostly error) with these first few clubs, but it's fun. I'm going to get a more accurate kitchen scale tomorrow before I put MyFly8 adapters on my Grafalloy Boost and Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara Eagle shafts.

I think I have about a half dozen MyFly8 adapter'd shafts. Probably time I learn to carefully pull one from a shaft I'm not using. Any tips?
If you don't have a shaft puller, don't even mess with it.

Nothing huge on the books, but going to be tipping 3 freshly cleaned shafts with Callaway adaptors, cut and regrip for some duels with the new Epics incoming. Club work is just a fun time.

What are you building? (Club style)

If you don't have a shaft puller, don't even mess with it.
I have a self made shaft puller. I have a heat gun, wondering what sort of temperature/time I need to use on graphite. I know with steel it's pretty much whatever I can throw at it, but I assume graphite it a bit more temperamental.

4325392553cfbe79bf47579672e22634.jpg

just focus the heat on the tip itself, the shaft isn't going to get as hot as the tip

The last two days I trimmed my ATTAS 6Star installed the Golfworks Cobra adapter for the 5/6 Fwy and regripped it with a Lamkin Z5

Today, I'm reshafting my Bridgestone J15 DPFs with KBS Tour 105s 5-PW and my J15 Black Oxide 50* wedge

Good news they all worked great thru 36 holes

Just installed a Callaway adapter into a 7M3 Black Tie.

just focus the heat on the tip itself, the shaft isn't going to get as hot as the tip

That and try to apply gentle pressure as close to constantly as you can. Pull the heat when you feel the bond break.

That and try to apply gentle pressure as close to constantly as you can. Pull the heat when you feel the bond break.
Do any of you guys use GW's golf club shield paste? Also, my heat gun goes up to 1200*. Is that too much for graphite?

Stuffed a set of KBS C-tapers in my 565's!!!
a8ba44b403016ce86dcc4777c672400b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do any of you guys use GW's golf club shield paste? Also, my heat gun goes up to 1200*. Is that too much for graphite?
Only use enough heat to get the head to move. Nearly every heat gun can destroy a graphite shaft. I get pressure on the head before I start so I see it creap.
Club shield works well.

unless you're pulling TM tips with the ferrule markings, or you want to overprotect a certain area, you don't really need it

I'm looking at building up a new 5 wood and am wondering what the main differences between the Diamana D+ (whiteboard) in the black finish vs the silver finish.

mnr5zdPZGWc8IYsxuEqy1Xw.jpg

s-l225.jpg

I've got the silver shaft in my 3-wood now and would like to match it, but for the price, the black version can be had much cheaper.

Are they just different years? Assuming the black version is an older model but I'm really not sure.

I recently did a little work on the putter. changed it from 32" to 35" and went from normal steel color to gloss black shaft. I also went with red and black superstroke pistol 1.0 grip. it was my first time doing any kind of club making/regripping. now I'm hooked and thinking of doing my own grips for all my other clubs in the bag

Went without a hitch.

Hot Melt mission complete.

Lead tape no more on the driver, woods, and hybos.

Yuuuuuuuussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

How much weight can you realistically add? Wanting to get my Epic up to the same SW as my old R11s.

I recently did a little work on the putter. changed it from 32" to 35" and went from normal steel color to gloss black shaft. I also went with red and black superstroke pistol 1.0 grip. it was my first time doing any kind of club making/regripping. now I'm hooked and thinking of doing my own grips for all my other clubs in the bag

Nice. I just pulled a couple putters out of the 'extras' bag and ordered some stuff for a customization/rebuild scenario. I bought an actual Odyssey double bend to replace a straight shaft on a #7. Also bought a black PVD shaft and 2 1/2" hosel to convert another putter from straight-in heel shaft to slightly offset. And I found a place that sells Odyssey inserts you just swap out with the one in there. But part of me wants to just buy some copper or something and work it by hand and swap it out.
Undecided on painting myself or sending off, though. I have some people in my world that can do coatings and stuff so might hit them up with a favor. Basically, I want a one-off nobody has.

Nice. I just pulled a couple putters out of the 'extras' bag and ordered some stuff for a customization/rebuild scenario. I bought an actual Odyssey double bend to replace a straight shaft on a #7. Also bought a black PVD shaft and 2 1/2" hosel to convert another putter from straight-in heel shaft to slightly offset. And I found a place that sells Odyssey inserts you just swap out with the one in there. But part of me wants to just buy some copper or something and work it by hand and swap it out.
Undecided on painting myself or sending off, though. I have some people in my world that can do coatings and stuff so might hit them up with a favor. Basically, I want a one-off nobody has.
Spry Evo?

Roger. I called them and they kind of put me on hold because they're moving their operations to Jupiter, FL. He said he feels like they can get a better foothold on 'some stuff' down there. Told me to get back with him if I want something not on ebay.

Back