What are you building? (Club style)

What is the best way to get old epoxy off graphite shaft pulls?
Sand paper or sanding belt. Just be careful with the pressure if you use a sanding belt.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

C200s pulled, cleaned up, new matching ferrules on everything.

Man I suck at turning ferrules lol

Pulled the Recoil 110 F4 shafts out of my old Cleveland RTX 2.0 50, 54 and 58 wedges last night and put back in the never used stock DG shafts. Sold them and being delivered tomorrow.

A "Marksman" driver if you will. XR16 played at 9.5°. Rogue Silver 110 MSI 70 2.8X. First Driver I have hit under 45". I built it to 44.5". A little toy until my new driver comes in. I am happy with the greater control it has brought at the range. Field test tomorrow on my home course. Looking to increase FIR with my Driver.

Champ C8 grips are fantastic. However they are a gigantic pain in the ass to put on - it's like the bottom hand is .60 and the top hand is .58

and in other news my little speed curing setup reaches 190°F

Flash SZ gets hot melted tonight. For sure.

Pretty low key activity haha

Dan, gotta question for you. Maybe @Jman or @JB can help here too but I remember you guys did a segment or a topic about driver shaft shortening. (I swear I scoured the threads but couldn’t find it) Anyways, here’s my issue.

I want to shorten my driver shaft but I don’t want to lose any stiffness. (An inch or maybe inch and a half) Does that mean I need to take off the tip, cut it down, redo the driver tip or is cutting down the butt end going to give me the same result? Or does it matter at all?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dan, gotta question for you. Maybe @Jman or @JB can help here too but I remember you guys did a segment or a topic about driver shaft shortening. (I swear I scoured the threads but couldn’t find it) Anyways, here’s my issue.

I want to shorten my driver shaft but I don’t want to lose any stiffness. (An inch or maybe inch and a half) Does that mean I need to take off the tip, cut it down, redo the driver tip or is cutting down the butt end going to give me the same result? Or does it matter at all?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm none of those guys, but I'll say, that's quite a bit to take off a shaft. From butt or tip, that'll likely change the characteristics of the shaft greatly.

What shaft are you playing? What're you trying to achieve? What driver are you playing?

If I have a shaft and tip that'll work, I'll hook you up.

I'm none of those guys, but I'll say, that's quite a bit to take off a shaft. From butt or tip, that'll likely change the characteristics of the shaft greatly.

What shaft are you playing? What're you trying to achieve? What driver are you playing?

If I have a shaft and tip that'll work, I'll hook you up.

Playing an Atmos Black Tour Spec 7x with a G410 plus Driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing an Atmos Black Tour Spec 7x with a G410 plus Driver.

Hmm... I don't have a Ping adapter. What's the goal? Just trying to experiment with a short driver?

Hmm... I don't have a Ping adapter. What's the goal? Just trying to experiment with a short driver?

I’m trying to get more consistency. Face is all over the place with a longer driver and choking down even just a bit is giving me much straighter ball flight. Ive played a shorter driver previously and know it’s really helped.

Video of my swing has really helped me see it too.

I’m trying to get more consistency. Face is all over the place with a longer driver and choking down even just a bit is giving me much straighter ball flight. Ive played a shorter driver previously and know it’s really helped.

Video of my swing has really helped me see it too.

I have been doing this myself. I know that when i built my aldila with an optifit adapter, the manufacturer recommended trimming to length from the butt end.

Building up a set of Cleveland CBX irons with UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Proto shafts for a friend of mine. Just shafted them all to. Dry overnight and be ready for him tomorrow.

I have been doing this myself. I know that when i built my aldila with an optifit adapter, the manufacturer recommended trimming to length from the butt end.

I was always under the impression that:

Cutting the tip = stiffer shaft
Cutting the butt = less stiff shaft

I play x flex and theoretically if I cut down the butt end, wont it move towards a stiff shaft?

I play x flex and theoretically if I cut down the butt end, wont it move towards a stiff shaft?

If you cut the butt, it'll still get stiffer. But it's a neglegable amount. But... when you add all the weight you'll need to the head to bring the swingweight back up, it'll actually soften the feel of the shaft a little. 1.5" is a lot... like 9 swingweight points, which is 18g needed in the head to get the same swingweight you had. I'm sure someone will correct me, but iirc, it's 3sw points for every 1/2" cut, and 2g added to the head per sw point.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Building up a set of Cleveland CBX irons with UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Proto shafts for a friend of mine. Just shafted them all to. Dry overnight and be ready for him tomorrow.

Money setup there!

If you cut the butt, it'll still get stiffer. But it's a neglegable amount. But... when you add all the weight you'll need to the head to bring the swingweight back up, it'll actually soften the feel of the shaft a little. 1.5" is a lot... like 9 swingweight points, which is 18g needed in the head to get the same swingweight you had. I'm sure someone will correct me, but iirc, it's 3sw points for every 1/2" cut, and 2g added to the head per sw point.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You're spot on with the swingweight points and weight to recover.

It's debatable (and likely different from shaft to shaft re: butt cutting stiffening/softening a shaft). One thing that I don't think is debatable and likely stands true for all shafts, once you add enough weight to get back to your starting swingweight, it will end up softer.

Nothing too crazy. Just regrouping my irons and wedges with the new Lamkin Sonar Tour grips. Toughest grip I’ve ever had slide on to date. Really had to push them.

It's debatable (and likely different from shaft to shaft re: butt cutting stiffening/softening a shaft). One thing that I don't think is debatable and likely stands true for all shafts, once you add enough weight to get back to your starting swingweight, it will end up softer.

Thanks for all info and input guys. I think I might start with either a 1/2” or less cut from the butt end and see what happens as that’s only the cost of a new grip. If stiffness and/or length is still a problem, I’ll work on the tip end.

Have a full set of KBS Tour 90 shafts begging for some heads...

Hmmm.......... Some j40 DPC heads on ebay for cheap....

Have a full set of KBS Tour 90 shafts begging for some heads...

Hmmm.......... Some j40 DPC heads on ebay for cheap....
#OldSchool

Back