What are you building? (Club style)

919 giveaway is FILTHY!

Those majesty irons are a damn work of art.

The folks at Budget love this community.

Callaway X forged UT 21*. Putting it in an Aldila Tour Green Hybrid 85 shaft.

6f678c80b4f55d32070dec3b970260a0.jpg

After checking distances once I’m able to hit it, may decide to bend strong a degree or two. Hoping this is a good option for me.

Sweet build I look forward to your feedback!

What are you building? (Club style)

Majesty with Recoil Proto 95s. I have been saving those to do a video on the build and haven’t had time.

Mizuno 919 Forged with some Proto shafts I have for a giveaway of some sort.

whoa 919 w/ Protos giveaway

The folks at Budget love this community.
That's awesome! I still have yet to hit the 919 forged, but it's something that will happen soon. They look fabtastic.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Letting sparks fly

6cdb454b873c5aa59cf0eb61a0903b31.gif

Put a different shaft in my Hogan GS53 5 wood earlier today.

Just reshafted my kid's "new to him" Z765s from SmacWraps to Nippon Tour 105S.

Can't wait to get on the course tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This weekend, I built a new wedge out of my current shaft and a brand new, factory wrapped 58 C grind MD3 wedge I had laying around. Also, I swapped out my TMB 3i with my old Callaway Apex 3i.

One issue I had is that I didn't have a large enough brass weight to get the 3i up to D9 so I stuck a 10g and a 4g weight in the tip. While the weight was spot on, the 4g weight came loose immediately and now is rattling in the shaft.

Anyone have a source for larger brass weights than 10g? Or do you suggest something else.

Thanks.

IMG_1484.jpg

This weekend, I built a new wedge out of my current shaft and a brand new, factory wrapped 58 C grind MD3 wedge I had laying around. Also, I swapped out my TMB 3i with my old Callaway Apex 3i.

One issue I had is that I didn't have a large enough brass weight to get the 3i up to D9 so I stuck a 10g and a 4g weight in the tip. While the weight was spot on, the 4g weight came loose immediately and now is rattling in the shaft.

Anyone have a source for larger brass weights than 10g? Or do you suggest something else.

Thanks.

View attachment 40180
Shove a cork down the shaft to hold it?

Also, @wubears71, let me say... D9? Wow, I thought me playing irons at D4, wedges in the upper D's, and woods in the D5-D6 range was heavy. D9 just seems crazy high!

Last edited:
Bending some Hogan PTx Pro Irons.

abf81e82fc8a2db3445492d4b2ff4053.jpg

Bending some Hogan PTx Pro Irons.

abf81e82fc8a2db3445492d4b2ff4053.jpg
What bending machine is that?

Looking at getting a new grip on my driver. New decades just don't last all that long of you do a lot of practicing. I have a general question and thought it best to just post it here instead of starting a new thread.

Anyways, I'm using the HZRDUS Smoke Green, which has a massive butt end (the Kim Kardashian of golf shafts). I'm thinking I'd put an undersized grip on to help mitigate the extra size. But, I'm having a brain fart. I'm looking at the MCC +4 undersized grip. Only difference listed in the specs is weight and core size (58 vs 60). For some reason my brain is telling me that using a smaller core size makes it play thicker ? But, common sense is telling me the rubber would be stretched thinner and it should feel significantly smaller once installed.

So. I thought I'd just post here for confirmation before ordering as it's not something in stock anywhere locally.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looking at getting a new grip on my driver. New decades just don't last all that long of you do a lot of practicing. I have a general question and thought it best to just post it here instead of starting a new thread.

Anyways, I'm using the HZRDUS Smoke Green, which has a massive butt end (the Kim Kardashian of golf shafts). I'm thinking I'd put an undersized grip on to help mitigate the extra size. But, I'm having a brain fart. I'm looking at the MCC +4 undersized grip. Only difference listed in the specs is weight and core size (58 vs 60). For some reason my brain is telling me that using a smaller core size makes it play thicker ? But, common sense is telling me the rubber would be stretched thinner and it should feel significantly smaller once installed.

So. I thought I'd just post here for confirmation before ordering as it's not something in stock anywhere locally.

smaller core makes it play "thinner" and firmer

smaller core makes it play "thinner" and firmer
Makes sense. Don't know why I thought otherwise. Thanks for the confirmation.

Last night we did a fair bit of clubwork.

Pulled some heads.
Reshafted some Cobras with Modus3 105x.
Reshafted my Srixon Zu85 with Rogue.
Put a Cobra tip on an old school THP shaft.

Lots of fun (and rum lmao).

Last night we did a fair bit of clubwork.

Pulled some heads.
Reshafted some FTBs with Modus3 105x.
Reshafted my Srixon Zu85 with Rogue.
Put a Cobra tip on an old school THP shaft.

Lots of fun (and rum lmao).

You mean these? Haha was a blast, can’t wait to see what happens on course today

3be64079910e63e5f6ac9bd0181b4fba.jpg

You mean these? Haha was a blast, can’t wait to see what happens on course today

3be64079910e63e5f6ac9bd0181b4fba.jpg

Awesome stuff guys...looks like some Serious tinkering last night...and rum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No new builds but regripped my 3W, PM58 & my Atlanta. Corded UTx all around. Was disappointed in the new UTx from Callaway that didn’t have any cord in them. Moving from an SS 2.0 to a mega paddle on the putter.

No new builds but regripped my 3W, PM58 & my Atlanta. Corded UTx all around. Was disappointed in the new UTx from Callaway that didn’t have any cord in them. Moving from an SS 2.0 to a mega paddle on the putter.

A UTx with no cord is dead to me... regripping my Apex MB's (no cord) with corded version as well.

some headweights, fwiw a Cobra F6 4/5 23.5° hybrid would be ~246g with the hosel sleeve

TM RSi2 3-iron, 19° loft, 60.5° lie
Gr6tsXl.jpg
TM RSi2 4-iron, 21° loft, 61° lie
cZHmnoA.jpg
Wilson Staff C200 4-iron, 22° loft, 60° lie
7pj42X1.jpg
Cobra F9 4-iron, 19.5° loft, 62° lie
rIoIndb.jpg

Back