What are you building? (Club style)

Need to learn to build my own clubs. Planning to get a Ping 410 tip on my AD IZ 6X. Also may pickup a Rogue 110 6X at the local shop. They are selling them for $99 which appears to be a solid price.

Mitsubishi MMT iron shaft installllll daaaaaaayyyy!

Just built a set of MP20 HMB with Modus 120S and thinking about dropping in some Recoil 110 f4 to bring spin down a bit. I've read a few different results but really like the feel of a buddy's recoil 95, just don't think I would comfortable at that weight in my irons... wish me luck

Redoing my combo set as soon as I get home, because the white ferrules have GOT. TO. GO. They got the job done, but I can't stand looking down on them. Makes them both, but especially the regular apex, which are already chunkier than I like to look at, seem even bigger.

Also going to soft step matching black KBS shafts in a couple wedges I think I've settled on for now. Try to make the irons look and feel the same from top to bottom.

Handcrafted HZRDUS yellow in my Rogue SZ 3 wood cured and gripped last night. Pairs nicely with my custom THCE PX handcrafted in the driver.

20200102_172031.jpg

20200102_173010.jpg
Wife's watching Grey's Anatomy inside, so I guess I'm 'forced' to hang out in the garage and get wedgie.

A few home and away RTXs are getting new shafts and I'm going to put together a little lighter setup for the M5. Want to play around and see if I can keep a lighter shaft straight off the tee.

Got a new Adams mini hybrid 18* head. Putting a KBS tour 120 in it

Put a Callaway adapter on an Oban Devotion Tour Reserve, built a set of TM P790 with Aerotech Steelfiber 80, and reshafted 3 Miura wedges with Shimada Tour Wedge Black shafts for three different clients today.

20200203_200836.jpg

Changing ferrules on the Apex combo set and decided to soft step some c-tapers, see how it feels. Going to cut and adapter a new Hzrdus Black to try in the Mavrik SZ too if I have enough energy tonight.

taped 20g of tungsten to the toe side of the evnroll er6, SW up a full letter and hopefully that tiny bit of extra toe flow that I'm looking for

swapped the PING G410 sleeve from the Tour to the PX LZ, old ferrule didn't cooperate so that was a bummer (interesting machining inside the adapter)

Cobra tip back on a HZRDUS Black, let's have some freaky low spin fun with the 9° F9

I’m going to need to learn club building soon. I like to tinker but have no experience with golf clubs.

I want a new golf shaft puller.

Leaning hard toward Mitchell.

Wanted to try getting into club building a little bit so I can tinker during the winters up here in Vermont and wanted to try something different so I’m putting together a maltby dbm 7 iron to compare to my callaway XR’s. It was a fun experiment, can’t wait to hit it!!!
ecb99293d10bdb2614a33eb9c2fc2b5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a project in mind but don't know how to go about it... I've decided I want to game 2 drivers and drop my strong hybrid.

My current driver is perfect for high-launch bombs and mid-launch draws/hooks that work well on my home course. What I'd like out of my 2nd driver is a very low-launch fade - a real fairway finder with distance a secondary consideration.

I have a Titleist 915 D3 8.5-degree that I think would be a good head for this purpose. I'd also use a jumbo grip to help promote the fade. Where I'm fuzzy is on shaft selection. My thoughts are X-Stiff, 44" with a high kick point. Shaft weight and orientation are variables that I have no idea how to evaluate. My knowledge regarding shafts and their capabilities is VERY limited...

Any advice would be appreciated! I'm really excited about the scoring opportunities that a 2nd driver might offer!

20200314_124033.jpg

20200314_124116.jpg

Definitely looking more like a set of mine, but the 8-iron shaft being out of spec is really going to bug me until the replacement arrives. Little clean up and the rest are ready to go. Thankfully fresh snow should keep me from trying to game an incomplete set. The x100s were a good combo despite not being a great fit, so I'm kind of excited to see the S300s in them.
Need to decide what to do with the Recoil Proto 110s now. Wasn't a good combo for me, but I'm determined to make them work somewhere.

Last edited:
Hey @JB

Again, you were 100% correct, spring loaded shaft extractor is the greatest effing thing ever.

Threw my beat old hydraulic one in the trash.

I just got my two KBS CT Tour putter shafts that are supposed to be stiffer and offer more feedback. One is going in the Toulon Las Vegas and I have to decide which putter head gets the other one.

Hey @JB

Again, you were 100% correct, spring loaded shaft extractor is the greatest effing thing ever.

It is so freaking good. Just have to be careful on some of those Japanese builds. Their epoxy is strong....

It is so freaking good. Just have to be careful on some of those Japanese builds. Their epoxy is strong....
I’ve seen some obscene heat levels needed to break some of those loose.

Im looking at you Miura.

Hey @JB

Jeaaaaaaaaaaaaalous.

Building a couple of NL wedges that will get me to the Vokey Experience. Went 54/58 which before I had 56/60. Really want to try graphite for the wedges but will likely end up with steel.

Back