What are you building? (Club style)

This showed up today so going to attempt to put together my first set of irons. It will give me something to do while I wait for the 9 inches of snow we got the other day to melt!!!
764cfec53c4a79a5c688aac5fd99e171.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking club building into my own hands because @Jman said it was about time I did! Just pulled the recoils and waiting on ferrules and grips to arrive. Grip choice may be unpopular but this will be fun..

7B0A0617-8413-4672-A0AC-CBF4D58F885F.jpegD724E7B8-6E0D-4C2F-8799-0D618B76CC16.jpegC39DBCCD-410A-4B07-A785-EBC1622419AD.jpeg

1) it is about time

2) the only grips to ever make my hands literally bleed

Are you strangling Your clubs!?? Geez! 😂

I am waiting for the lockdown to be over so I can put this:

20200326_111126~2.jpg

Into this:

20200323_161910.jpg

20200323_162100_HDR.jpg

Are you strangling Your clubs!?? Geez! 😂

I thought the Pures were pretty soft. My issue was the squeaking noise during the swing turned me off. Also game golf tags won’t work with them either.

I thought the Pures were pretty soft. My issue was the squeaking noise during the swing turned me off. Also game golf tags won’t work with them either.

I’ll give them a few rounds. I’m only in them for $39. Now that I am re gripping myself. Won’t be too much to swap them out

On the building table for clients at the moment...

1. Mavrik Sub Zero // 9* // Tour Issue Red Dot Adapter // Ventus Black 6X // 45.25" // Tour Velvet
2. TaylorMade SIM // 10.5* // Tour Issue Adapter // Diamana LTD 60TX // 44.5" // Lamkin UTx
3. TaylorMade SIM Max // 10.5* // Tour Issue Adapter // Fujikura Speeder TR 661 TX // 45" // Tour Vevlet
4. Honma TR20V // 4-PW // Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 // New Decade Black/White
5. Mizuno MP20 MB // 4-PW // SteelFiber i110 CW Stiff // New Decade Align
6. Honma TW-X // 3 Iron // Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT 105TX // Tour Velvet Cord

Loving the new gear for 2020!

These spent the day yesterday soaking in nail polish remover and stripped the paint. Was going to do some sort of paint fill but I think I’m leaving them just like this.CF16A861-04D0-4186-81F6-042C357E0223.jpeg

Last edited:
Have a set of Tommy 845's with stock graphite shafts and dried out grips. Debating reshafting them if I can get some pulls really cheap. Would be a fun nostalgia set to take out once in awhile.

this whole being locked inside thing has really killed my club building plans because I have yet to move that stuff to this house.

This showed up today so going to attempt to put together my first set of irons. It will give me something to do while I wait for the 9 inches of snow we got the other day to melt!!!
764cfec53c4a79a5c688aac5fd99e171.jpg

Those irons have turned into a timeless design. You will love the DBM finish as well. Shockingly rugged and near free of bag chatter after a season. Clean up with WD40 like new. Have fun.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Have a set of Tommy 845's with stock graphite shafts and dried out grips. Debating reshafting them if I can get some pulls really cheap. Would be a fun nostalgia set to take out once in awhile.
Thanks to a generous THP'er I have a set of Elevate Tours on the way for a great price!

Those irons have turned into a timeless design. You will love the DBM finish as well. Shockingly rugged and near free of bag chatter after a season. Clean up with WD40 like new. Have fun.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks Popeyes, I have to say I wouldn’t have even thought about anything maltby if it weren’t for all your reviews. I had fun building these and am already thinking about throwing together a ts-2 7 iron and a ke4 tc driver to mess around with lol. I really think they should get some better pictures in there magazines because all of them look better than the pictures.

So with this layoff, I have decided that I may want to tinker on my own. What are some necessities for shafting and pulling shafts? What type of shaft extractor do you all recommend?

So with this layoff, I have decided that I may want to tinker on my own. What are some necessities for shafting and pulling shafts? What type of shaft extractor do you all recommend?
I've got a Roberts puller that's basically a modified hydraulic pump.

1585688961792.png

Don't know if they even make them anymore. He used to sell them on eBay.

I've got a Roberts puller that's basically a modified hydraulic pump.

View attachment 8934636

Don't know if they even make them anymore. He used to sell them on eBay.

yup same one I have. Not fancy, but never have had any issues with it either.

I have disassembled five iron sets today....

Is tonight the night?

Do we build these irons?!
Live stream the video? With viewers who can call in, ask questions, and generally just heckle you??

Back