What are you building? (Club style)

Have any of you ever tried aluminium ferrules for your irons?
I have once. It's a little more work in my opinion to get them just right, but they came out nice. I'm not sure if every put them on my on clubs though. They're have to be really sharp.

20200430_194326.jpg

20200430_193358 (2).jpg

I am putting a set of Dynamic Gold S300 in these.

Today is ferrule turning day, then I’ll get both sets onto the Mitchell to fix lie angles and check lofts.
I always turn my ferrules..... in a circle with my eye check to make sure the epoxy is gone.

I always turn my ferrules..... in a circle with my eye check to make sure the epoxy is gone.
Attaboy, gotta make sure you get it all off that giant ledge of difference between the hosel and ferrule. :rolleyes:

Two reshafts on the bench now. My kid's friend's P790 7i is curing now along with the Apex 19 4h that I reshafted for yours truly. I put an AMT White X100 in it.

20200430_194326.jpg

I need some inspiration for paint fill and custom ferrules on these Hogan PTx irons.

3048.jpg

These are the originals and they look fine but I am wanting to jazz them up a bit. Any ideas?

The ferrules on the previous pages look awesome guys!!

I think I am going to rebuild these older Taylormade 320's if GolfWorks ever get caught up with the back ordered swing weight scale. I gave all my clubs away a couple years ago to my son, so I am doing the economy route back into the game this time. Please excuse the date time stamp on the picture, my camera won't let me change it.

SAM_0969.JPG

I ordered some BB&F ferrules to go on the PTx irons. They claim they work for .355 or .370 shafts with some heat. I was thinking hot water would be a good way to expand them for easier installation on the .370 shaft. Is there a better way?

I ordered some BB&F ferrules to go on the PTx irons. They claim they work for .355 or .370 shafts with some heat. I was thinking hot water would be a good way to expand them for easier installation on the .370 shaft. Is there a better way?
I read that too. Watching these replies since I ordered extra ferrules in case I’m able to do my hybrid. All I’ve found is the hot water method you mentioned.

I don't know about better, but I've never used the hot water method. Even with bb&f, which are pretty hard and thick, I just flash them with a few swipes of the heat gun/torch and tap them into place. It doesn't take much on .370.

I don't know about better, but I've never used the hot water method. Even with bb&f, which are pretty hard and thick, I just flash them with a few swipes of the heat gun/torch and tap them into place. It doesn't take much on .370.
Do you flash them with heat while on the shaft or being held by some other means?

Do you flash them with heat while on the shaft or being held by some other means?
I just hold it, flash the top edge, wedge it on the tip a little, flash flash flash, tap tap on table, roll flash, tap down with depth tool and mallet or the head itself (if there's no grip on the shaft). Like I said, I'm not saying it's better, just probably faster, and I've never had any trouble with it in execution or any damage to a ferrule. It's entirely likely someone will completely blast me for using that method.

I just hold it, flash the top edge, wedge it on the tip a little, flash flash flash, tap tap on table, roll flash, tap down with depth tool and mallet or the head itself (if there's no grip on the shaft). Like I said, I'm not saying it's better, just probably faster, and I've never had any trouble with it in execution or any damage to a ferrule. It's entirely likely someone will completely blast me for using that method.
Interesting! I mean, not much difference between the two sized shafts... so this makes sense. So long as your heat is consistent and you’re not burning things, it probably doesn’t matter which method; just preference. Something to be said when expedience and accuracy meet though!

original_5ad187ef-279b-4272-aaa4-d6ff5b851bed_646x646.jpg

I went with these. I am not sure if I will like the 1 1/4" length but I wanted to do something other than stock.

20200511_135545.jpg
Just finished getting these shafts put together for their respective weapons. Not what I would typically put on the SIM, but going to give it a shot. Should be fairly opposite my Mavrik 3W-Riptide combo.

Built a single iron last night using a BB&F ferrule. I was concerned about how tight they would be on a .370 parallel shaft. I test fit it cold and I think that I could have installed it without issue but I dropped it in hot water for a minute first and it was a breeze.

This combo will be built this weekend...

E11C7C60-5018-44FD-89A0-99388798B8E2.jpeg38827913-47A2-4D69-804F-A90FA1935776.jpeg0AEF5DE9-E4A9-4C52-B624-7E0604BCD27C.jpeg

I'm putting the irons together for my uncle once the shafts get here!!

My first ever club build... little nervous. But!! I am installing some Apollo hump x flex shafts into some cobra king forged cub irons.

the KBs shafts are just getting reinstalled with matching ferrules.

z gold grips, bbf d day ferrules. Wish me lick
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Going to put a cobra adapter on this ACCRA TZ5 I’ve got laying around while building the SIM Max fw today.

I just built up an old long drive head I had lying around. It's a OG SMT Nemesis purple 10° head. I put it on a 48" senior flex shaft for shyts and gyggles. Took it the range last night and tried it out. Definitely a different swing required for a club that long. The senior shaft at that length actually didn't feel all that whippy. Hit my 45" M5 driver after it and it felt like hitting an oversized 3wd.

So I have gone crazy, nothing new. I love building clubs but I do not want a bunch of stuff just sitting around and the grind of buying and selling clubs does not appeal to me. I am not experienced enough to do it for other people so I am not sure how to continue with this hobby.

20200513_184859.jpg

I am building this set one club per day to stretch it out but after this I am out of clubs.

Back