What are you building? (Club style)

Gonna finish the reshaft of my boy's Srixon Z765 set today. Pulled his Nippon Modus3 105 stiffs earlier this week. Gonna put in the PX LZ 6.0 120 today.

So I have gone crazy, nothing new. I love building clubs but I do not want a bunch of stuff just sitting around and the grind of buying and selling clubs does not appeal to me. I am not experienced enough to do it for other people so I am not sure how to continue with this hobby.

View attachment 8943307

I am building this set one club per day to stretch it out but after this I am out of clubs.
That’s a great set to build.

Built out my King Forged Tec with the Canadan standard TourV to see what kind of numbers I can produce..

Also fixed a noise in my Nippon Regio fairway shaft (which turned out to be a very long dry piece of epoxy haha). Now I can get it back into the Cobra head to check it out against the HZRDUS Green.

Should be fun to see what these beauties can do this weekend.

Put a cobra adapter on a Fuji Pro 2.0 7X I forgot I had.

Fixed the tip weights in some irons so I could swing some Elevate Tour’s on course again.

Finished this beauty!

F6FCC877-95F7-4C58-8AE6-F2D32297C0EE.jpeg

Not building but I finished paint fill. A little sloppy. Harder than I thought it would be. Not quite a steady enough hand. IMG_2021.jpg
IMG_2020.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I removed the shafts, cleaned & prepped the heads, and was ready to install the shafts into the iron set for my uncle but the shafts still haven't arrived. It looks like they are lost in the USPS system according to the tracking and they were supposed to be here a couple days ago. 🤬

Put my original FST Pro 125 Stepless shaft back in to my MMB-17 6 iron for the weekend, was trying a Project X 6.5 but didn’t like the feel.

I have been gaming a set of Cobra F8 One's and I actually liking them. The problem is trying to find a F8 one Sand wedge. They seem to not exist.

So I decided I'd make my own SW. After buying two matching Aldila Rogue 65R iron shafts and Maltby Mseries 52 and 56 heads I discovered the biggest issue with OL clubs. Managing swing weights.

My custom wedges feel more like swinging an axe than my f8's. Lol

But I'm getting closer to what I need by grinding those two wedges down. Since I don't have a swing why scale I am taking weight off the wedges until the balance points on each wedge are closer to the F8 PW.

I've never had more fun trying too get these to "feel" right.

I'll post some pics when my grinding is done.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I have been gaming a set of Cobra F8 One's and I actually liking them. The problem is trying to find a F8 one Sand wedge. They seem to not exist.

So I decided I'd make my own SW. After buying two matching Aldila Rogue 65R iron shafts and Maltby Mseries 52 and 56 heads I discovered the biggest issue with OL clubs. Managing swing weights.

My custom wedges feel more like swinging an axe than my f8's. Lol

But I'm getting closer to what I need by grinding those to wedges down. Since I don't have a swing why scale I am taking weight off the wedges until the balance points on each wedge are closer to the F8 PW.

I've never had more fun trying too get these to "feel" right.

I'll post some pics when my grinding is done.

Those F8’s have been teasing me for a while on budget golf, cobra connect, look slick, iron or hybrid/iron combo for a great price..........................
Looking forward to pics, maybe some action grind shots too?

Question for you experienced builders. I am putting together a set for the first time. I am putting together a single club to try it.

I bought epoxy with shafting beads from golf works. I put together the club but there seems to be a lot of play. I confirmed both head and shaft are the correct size in being taper tip.

is that normal and will set as the epoxy cures?

Question for you experienced builders. I am putting together a set for the first time. I am putting together a single club to try it.

I bought epoxy with shafting beads from golf works. I put together the club but there seems to be a lot of play. I confirmed both head and shaft are the correct size in being taper tip.

is that normal and will set as the epoxy cures?
What do you mean by “a lot of play”?

Any clubs I’ve built had enough play for the head to spin freely when dry-fitting. But once the epoxy set, it was solid.

What do you mean by “a lot of play”?

Any clubs I’ve built had enough play for the head to spin freely when dry-fitting. But once the epoxy set, it was solid.
I mean it does not seem to be a super tight fit. There is some wiggle.

not just spin. I was just thinking though, I don’t have a ferrule on it. That could be part of the problem, I was think I could try something with out the ferrule so I didn’t waste it if I didn’t like it.

not sure if that will cause issues.

not just spin. I was just thinking though, I don’t have a ferrule on it. That could be part of the problem, I was think I could try something with out the ferrule so I didn’t waste it if I didn’t like it.

Ferrule might help with feeling like there’s less play, but by my understanding they’re not necessary in a club build. I like using them for the finished look they provide.

Well 'super tight' isn't what you're really going for either, because then there isn't room for enough epoxy. You don't want it to be wiggling around though. A collared ferrule can definitely take out the play if the heads are supposed to have them. I don't know, it might be because it's late, but it all sounds subjective to me. All the words can be interpreted by the individual. 'Play' to you might be nothing to worry about, or a big problem. Lol

I also avoid shafting beads like the plague, so I'm no expert on that.

What heads and shafts are we talking about?

Well 'super tight' isn't what you're really going for either, because then there isn't room for enough epoxy. You don't want it to be wiggling around though. A collared ferrule can definitely take out the play if the heads are supposed to have them. I don't know, it might be because it's late, but it all sounds subjective to me. All the words can be interpreted by the individual. 'Play' to you might be nothing to worry about, or a big problem. Lol

I also avoid shafting beads like the plague, so I'm no expert on that.

What heads and shafts are we talking about?

cobra king forged cbs and $ taper 130g shafts.

Just finished putting together the rest of my irons and wedges yesterday. P790 gap wedge @ 35.75”, 54* RTX 2.0 CB @35.75”, and 60* RTX 3 CB @35.5”, all shafted with KBS Tours. Hope to see how they play compared to the stock lengths and shafts. Also, don’t have pictures of the entire set assembled but this 8 iron represents what everything looked like. Wedges got chrome shafts and red and black NDMCs though. Got a P790 3 iron head showing up on Saturday so I need to get a shaft picked out for that, already have the midsize black and white NDMC. It’s gonna be a driving iron, so that’s the next build. I gotta say, after building basically a whole set now, it’s addicting.

Also did some easy paint fill on my putter.

Attachments

• CAF67CED-A123-4E6E-A96F-7B94D4E2B033.jpeg
    CAF67CED-A123-4E6E-A96F-7B94D4E2B033.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 14
  • BFE09E80-609A-47F3-B32C-020BE2DA966E.jpeg
    BFE09E80-609A-47F3-B32C-020BE2DA966E.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 505F4FFE-2B67-4509-8B84-2D8551AF798D.jpeg
    505F4FFE-2B67-4509-8B84-2D8551AF798D.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 5D5EA240-09A9-49F0-833E-B396A34ACB4E.jpeg
    5D5EA240-09A9-49F0-833E-B396A34ACB4E.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 16
Like I said, have to bring a bit more off the toe of the 56 and then either flat matt paint or just let em rust.

Probably clean them too. Haha
a201986fa015e576f562592950231791.jpg
dfa74ad941e2e51e039b4f39ad8d02fd.jpg
7ded9c970d3bfe2df7c7445ddca97f8e.jpg
4483c7865b46d421f70a6f3ad0551196.jpg

Built a Mavrik 5w out with a Graphite Design AD-TP 8x shaft. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Probably time to put the HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 into play. Might see if I have an extra Epic Flash tip to try it in the 3wd first. If I don't it'll get trimmed for the M4 5wd.

So I have gone crazy, nothing new. I love building clubs but I do not want a bunch of stuff just sitting around and the grind of buying and selling clubs does not appeal to me. I am not experienced enough to do it for other people so I am not sure how to continue with this hobby.

View attachment 8943307

I am building this set one club per day to stretch it out but after this I am out of clubs.

The PTx is the nicest looking Hogan iron model I have ever looked at.

Just threw in a set of 460 ES recoils in my UHX’s

Praying the shafts finally show up today.. These are getting lonely.. 20200518_224549.jpg

Back