What are you building? (Club style)

Like I said, have to bring a bit more off the toe of the 56 and then either flat matt paint or just let em rust.

Probably clean them too. Haha
a201986fa015e576f562592950231791.jpg
dfa74ad941e2e51e039b4f39ad8d02fd.jpg
7ded9c970d3bfe2df7c7445ddca97f8e.jpg
4483c7865b46d421f70a6f3ad0551196.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Me doing a little more grinding to even out the edges. Was going to hand file to get a nice finished figure why bother....

Oh, my first ever YouTube video. So production value is pretty low...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I've got some 670 Recoil's coming in for my Nike TW blades. I'm also planning on sandblasting the heads and trying my hand in some back yard custom shop painting with cerekote. We'll see how it turns out.

Good looking irons... at least they have each other.
The shafts showed up. I've swing weighted them, epoxied the heads, and am regripping tomorrow.. Project almost done!

The shafts showed up. I've swing weighted them, epoxied the heads, and am regripping tomorrow.. Project almost done!
Great news!! And good progress today too! What grips are you going with?

Great news!! And good progress today too! What grips are you going with?
They came with Pure grips which are new so I'm going to leave them on but will regrip them if my uncle doesn't like them. I had to pull the grips to remove the epoxy rattling around in the shaft. I plan to reinstall the grips tonight.

New build, first full iron set for a customer.

Maltby KE4 Tour+ - 4-PW
KBS MAX GRAPHITE 55gm shafts
Golf Pride Tour Velvet Standard grips
Standard loft, lie & length

6 iron already built as the test

60c188b45f37f5403e7d811c65abdc04.jpg

d7debd5b950746354706cc8a909404d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I dunno. But I want to build something.

I was a stone cold killer inside 10 feet when I had a P2 Tour Aware putter grip on so I threw one on the SeeMore today. Let's see if I can replicate that success.

876F12EB-D999-4FCD-9C36-BCF8D7DA8D1E.jpeg

I was a stone cold killer inside 10 feet when I had a P2 Tour Aware putter grip on so I threw one on the SeeMore today. Let's see if I can replicate that success.

View attachment 8946692
Curious to see what you think, the MLA I reviewed had one and it was very interesting. I had no negatives on it.

Curious to see what you think, the MLA I reviewed had one and it was very interesting. I had no negatives on it.
I loved it last year on my Azalea. We'll see if I have the same magic though since I've started going back to a smaller grip in the Deep Etch lately on other putters.

Titleist 962's

I'm just doing a little experimentation. They aren't as sexy as today's clubs but they are a joy to hit.

I set these at standard length, and they were already set at 1 degree up. I removed the DG S-300's and installed a set of Titleist/Nippon 970-Pro's (pulls) in regular flex with midsize Tour Wraps. D-2 swingweight.

Played 9 today with them and I think I'm on to something. A tad more height and overall better feel.

Attachments

• Components.jpg
    Components.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20200531_095853745.jpg
    IMG_20200531_095853745.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
@Jman what do you think about these? I already have the muscleback version of these and just got the players cavity back. I'm thinking about going catalyst 100 in both so I can play a mixed set. It will be my first set of irons with graphite shafts. I love the top line of these and the CBs are a good bit more forgiving than the MB's. 20200601_220238.jpg20200601_220304.jpg20200601_220332.jpg

@Jman what do you think about these? I already have the muscleback version of these and just got the players cavity back. I'm thinking about going catalyst 100 in both so I can play a mixed set. It will be my first set of irons with graphite shafts. I love the top line of these and the CBs are a good bit more forgiving than the MB's. View attachment 8946950View attachment 8946951View attachment 8946952
Curious to hear what you think of graphite in your irons!
Nice top line on those!

Just put a tip on a shaft for my daughter's F9 I bought her and finally got around to pulling the shaft out of my M4 5wd and putting the HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 in it. That thing should be the :poop: now. I was hitting it pretty good in the 3wd, but it was a little lower than I liked. In the 5wd, it should be money.

I think it's time to get some more Cobra tips on shafts laying around in the basement.

Lots of ponders as to what I should connect, but leaning hard on the old trusty HZRDUS Yellow right out of the gate.

I think it's time to get some more Cobra tips on shafts laying around in the basement.

Lots of ponders as to what I should connect, but leaning hard on the old trusty HZRDUS Yellow right out of the gate.
Step outside your comfort zone: you might just surprise yourself!

Step outside your comfort zone: you might just surprise yourself!
Turns out I don't have epoxy here lmao -- So tomorrow's test...

HZRDUS Green + a half inch. Getting it back to a normal length.
Rogue Silver 110x.

Who knows what will happen!

in 10 days, a new bedroom, master bath and kitchen, but actually I will be watching them being built ;)

Just put in the recoil 760 into my 9iron. Going to test tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I didn't technically build these. But, I did pay someone else to put them together :)

When you're a big Callaway fan and get a screaming deal on MB's that look this good, you jump on them and then start a never ending search for Apex Pro Dots to round out the set at the top. Will be fun to mess around with and to see what happens with more traditional distances after playing a players distance iron for the season so far.

20200623_141356.jpg

I just put an old 60° head I had laying around on one of my old TrueTemper XP105 shafts. The shaft tip was damaged so I removed about 1/4".

Haven't built anything since winter, but it seemed to go together without a hitch. It's nice to have materials available as well as finding a use for some of the crap that's just laying around.

I have a set of Project X PXIs sitting...waiting for a set of heads. Border shut down has put a damper on that but I'm still looking for something nice to fit them in to. Was hoping for another summer project but we'll see.

My first time building clubs....had a blast. Huge shoutout to @BigDill for the assist on the ferrules.
39CD4215-F0DE-48BA-B7B1-E7C6851AA71F.jpeg

Back