What are you building? (Club style)

20201015_150321.jpg

Going to have an epic amount of clean up to do when I turn them because of a dog run wild incident, but this is the general look my 770's will have for the near future. I have nothing and do nothing in red, so that will take some getting used to, but when in Arkansas I guess... I've been wanting to try the grips for a while too, but the color always turned me off. Labels are red anyway so wtf.

Last edited:
Just finishing these up for my son. Maltby Sti2 4-G with Nippon 1050GH stiff shafts, MOI match build. One of the only left-handed component heads.

IMG_2347.jpgIMG_2348.jpg

View attachment 8969312

Going to have an epic amount of clean up to do when I turn them because of a dog run wild incident, but this is the general look my 770's will have for the near future. I have nothing and do nothing in red, so that will take some getting used to, but when in Arkansas I guess... I've been wanting to try the grips for a while too, but the color always turned me off. Labels are red anyway so wtf.

Hot fire right there...

Putting some adapters on today on a number of shafts for testing.

View attachment 8969312

What do you think about a full set of those? Have you played them yet?

What do you think about a full set of those? Have you played them yet?
I've played them 4-ish times I think. First with that setup was yesterday. I think the long irons are awesome. I think for someone like me, the shorter irons offer a little too much help (especially with launch), but that's what combos are for and I could (and have) score(d) very well with them.

today is the first day in 2 weeks that I actually feel like I can breathe normally. It's been a rough go. Hopefully that means soon I will be back out and ready to see what this guy can do.

A6197806-AC52-4E86-A562-BC309ADD5BF0.jpeg

Got the adapter set in epoxy yesterday, and now just waiting for the grip to dry and then I’ll have my custom Project X shaft ready to go!

OBAN CT 125’s 4- GW
Shimada Black Wedge on ZipCore 56/60

660E60B4-4B89-47EB-9B37-71A7C03ECA81.jpeg

OBAN CT 125’s 4- GW
Shimada Black Wedge on ZipCore 56/60

View attachment 8969820
I love the confidence of going with the nice ferrules right out of the gate! I mostly go stock, and then redo them if I like the setup. I order them first though, and ended up not using them sometimes. Maybe I should rethink this. :unsure:

my father has been using my old grandaddy putter for the last 2 years. Handed it back to me the other day as the metal shroud on the insert has become unglued. So that's my project for tonight. I'd rather just get him a new putter, but he's quite fond of that one.

my father has been using my old grandaddy putter for the last 2 years. Handed it back to me the other day as the metal shroud on the insert has become unglued. So that's my project for tonight. I'd rather just get him a new putter, but he's quite fond of that one.
Is it one of the Odyssey putters with the metal screen over the white insert? If so that was a common issue and Callaway was installing a hinge face insert under warranty. I sent one of mine in that had that issue.

Is it one of the Odyssey putters with the metal screen over the white insert? If so that was a common issue and Callaway was installing a hinge face insert under warranty. I sent one of mine in that had that issue.

yeah this guy here. It's on the heel side of things so I should be able to get some epoxy under the logo and try a thin line around the edge. Honestly, I'll probably end up just buying him a new putter for xmas, but until then see if I can get this fixed tonight.

42171.jpg

yeah this guy here. It's on the heel side of things so I should be able to get some epoxy under the logo and try a thin line around the edge. Honestly, I'll probably end up just buying him a new putter for xmas, but until then see if I can get this fixed tonight.

42171.jpg
Yep, that's the same line I had fixed but mine was the #7 head. It was fully covered under warranty when I had mine done and rolls nicely with the new hinge face.

5B5DC3B5-C0C6-411E-B0C2-CE0EDC9A5E83.jpeg263A5DC5-5CFE-4CC2-812F-FA1AA6E3AFE8.jpeg

Put these together today. Love raw heads

20201025_145131.jpg20201025_145137.jpg20201025_145139.jpg20201025_145144.jpg20201025_145148.jpg

Put these together today. Very clean.

20201102_170258.jpg

gonna be building a set of these...well, not me...but i'm getting the pieces together to have them put together at some point

apexpro.jpg

Making this combo set. 7-pw, 50, 56, 60. Mixed brands, but all black. Sticking black Elevate shafts in them
20201207_121810.jpg

Mavrik 3W getting the shaft pulled and getting a HZRDUS Yellow installed.

20201207_162113.jpg

I finally took these apart this morning to re-shaft and what I found actually has me pretty excited to build them this time myself. I've never seen a factory set with that much/many tip weights. Standard blackout set, so I'm more than a little confused on why they would have been built that way. Stiff butt (assuming heavier there) shafts, and I think the blackout grips weigh a little more (I can double check when I get back home), balanced by a ton of added hosel weight? Good riddance.

View attachment 8978427

I finally took these apart this morning to re-shaft and what I found actually has me pretty excited to build them this time myself. I've never seen a factory set with that much/many tip weights. Standard blackout set, so I'm more than a little confused on why they would have been built that way. Stiff butt (assuming heavier there) shafts, and I think the blackout grips weigh a little more (I can double check when I get back home), balanced by a ton of added hosel weight? Good riddance.
Hopefully they were not too much of a pain to get out, and that most of them stayed in the shaft and not the hosel.

Night.
Mares.

Back