What are you building? (Club style)

View attachment 8978427

I finally took these apart this morning to re-shaft and what I found actually has me pretty excited to build them this time myself. I've never seen a factory set with that much/many tip weights. Standard blackout set, so I'm more than a little confused on why they would have been built that way. Stiff butt (assuming heavier there) shafts, and I think the blackout grips weigh a little more (I can double check when I get back home), balanced by a ton of added hosel weight? Good riddance.
Hopefully they were not too much of a pain to get out, and that most of them stayed in the shaft and not the hosel.

Night.
Mares.

Hopefully they were not too much of a pain to get out, and that most of them stayed in the shaft and not the hosel.

Night.
Mares.
Every one stayed in the shaft. Easy pull and prep. The increasingly confused face that whole time probably gave me wrinkles though. :LOL:

Every one stayed in the shaft. Easy pull and prep. The more and more confused face that whole time probably gave me wrinkles though. :LOL:
Imagine this...

twas a late winters night, and Canadan was hard at work in the Custom Shop.
His setup lacked torch, so he leaned into his trusty heat gun for the 30th minute.
Finally, the Callaway iron head budged, and with a calm exhale, he pulled the head.

and then.
the world stopped.
as inside the hosel, there it was.
The dreaded tip weight.
Minutes turned to hours.
Sadness prevailed.

..........and forever more, he would never be without a torch again

This week I need to knock out the following:

Maltby KE4+ Tour GW with Xcaliber RT Spin 85
Maltby MMB17 GW with Xcaliber RT Spin 100

Xcaliber Pro HBL60 with ALL-FIT adapter
Xcaliber Pro TSL with ALL-FIT adapter
Xcaliber SuperLite 55 with ALL-FIT adapter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm building up a 48 inch driver for fun. Debating if if I should go with a smoke back 6.0 or 6.5. I put an old grafalloy prolaunch blue in and was seeing 3500 spin lol. It's a ton of fun though to swing

Reshafting a set of Epic Forged with LA Golf Shafts Tour AXS Red for a customer.

Elevate Tour shafts into 2016 Forged Tec heads. Built the PW and 7 to test. I like them so far but am already pondering a different shaft choice lol.

Had the opportunity to be fit on course with a guy that worked with tour players (eye opening) with the trackman on course we made a bunch of changes, shafts lighter in long irons and heavier in wedges, lighter all the way through the bag. Adjustments to individual irons lofts and lies. So I have ctaper lite blacks 110s hsx1 in 4-5, 6-gw are ctaper lite black xstiff 115, sw-lw are hi rev 2.0 black. Then numerous loft and lie tweaks. So will be busy over Xmas break but excited to have the t100 perfectly dialed in.

20201211_223101.jpg

Finally shaft swapped the T100S and got them ready for action. Felt weird to pull the white Tour Wrap 2G's from those shafts. Had a lot of amazing rounds with them and that visual is still in my head.

I just finished a set of irons for my grandson. He is 13 and still a beginner but is 5'6" tall and needed adult sized clubs. The heads were a set of used Snake Eyes cavity backed that were mine from a few years ago. Intstalled FST90 "R" flex. He likes orange so put orange DTG grips on for him. Also put a new shaft into his driver.

In addition I am lengthening iron shafts for my nephew.

Just put the BGT stability shaft on my Bettinardi SS12. Once it cures I'll get her cut down and gripped.
0AF82EAA-79F6-478A-A761-5824A7D075F1_1_102_o.jpeg

My age is catching up to me and reality is setting in that E3 weighted blades are probably not the best fit for me anymore.

So, I grabbed my old JPX900s that were sitting in a corner abs completely broke them down and rebuilt them. I installed new grips and swing weighted them all to D3. Now I just need to wait for the epoxy to dry and turn the ferrules. I am glad I never sold these because they should work out really well again.

My first customer build for 2021, with homage to @JB and his pretty build pics on Instagram

Ping i20 5 & 6 iron, Xcaliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff, Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Align and a ferrule decision.

He wanted it to match the old ferrules (short, black, boring) so need to convince him to go different maybe.

Attachments

• 20210112_180749.jpg
    20210112_180749.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 18
My first customer build for 2021, with homage to @JB and his pretty build pics on Instagram

Ping i20 5 & 6 iron, Xcaliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff, Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Align and a ferrule decision.

He wanted it to match the old ferrules (short, black, boring) so need to convince him to go different maybe.
With that set, I like the short black with red stripe ferrules! Would look sharp!

With that set, I like the short black with red stripe ferrules! Would look sharp!
Yup, black with the red stripe would look slick with those for sure.

gave these a CLR bath today. Just waiting on shafts20210113_173640.jpg

Possibly pulling KBS Tour Customs out of some 775CB heads & then it is figuring out what to put in.

This is happening mañana!!

56DC33EA-6D74-41EA-AC22-01040FC92315.jpeg

CLR bath, you have my interest, why?

I have a set of 775CB that need cleaning up.
I bought them with the black finish but wanted a ”raw” look. I didn’t take before pictures, but this is what it looked like

E1303CF0-014B-4491-80D9-FD89465E8ED7.jpeg

I bought them with the black finish but wanted a ”raw” look. I didn’t take before pictures, but this is what it looked like

View attachment 8988111
I did that to the Callaway Forged wedges years ago. They looked like nothing anyone has seen and kept asking me how I got them. It wasn’t quite raw and certainly was not anywhere near black. They wore really well and looked so cool after a few months of playing. Unfortunately I had to retire them due to worn out grooves.

I did that to the Callaway Forged wedges years ago. They looked like nothing anyone has seen and kept asking me how I got them. It wasn’t quite raw and certainly was not anywhere near black. They wore really well and looked so cool after a few months of playing. Unfortunately I had to retire them due to worn out grooves.
Right. It’s important to note that these only work on raw heads. it won’t do anything on heads with chrome plating

putting these together20210115_151249.jpg

Back