What are you building? (Club style)

I cant believe I’m going to type this, but I’m going to try a Jumbo Max ultralite grip for my driver and maybe fw.

I cant believe I’m going to type this, but I’m going to try a Jumbo Max ultralite grip for my driver and maybe fw.
Very curious to hear some feedback! what size Jumbo Max??

Very curious to hear some feedback! what size Jumbo Max??
Gonna try the medium.
Can’t believe I’m gonna try them.
I’ve had an awful time recently with hooking my long clubs.
I’m gonna put them on some backup shafts I have for my driver and fw.

Gonna try the medium.
Can’t believe I’m gonna try them.
I’ve had an awful time recently with hooking my long clubs.
I’m gonna put them on some backup shafts I have for my driver and fw.
Thats why I would wanna try them also with the long clubs. I dont have the biggest hands (M glove size) so not sure which size I would go with. I get that they're oversized but how large is too large?? Even a midsize grip feels large to me. Id probably start with the XS

I put one of these on my driver (large size), and got surprisingly good results. Turned my big hooks into fades in the fairway, and also seemed to moderate the slices. Going to try the irons next.

I put one of these on my driver (large size), and got surprisingly good results. Turned my big hooks into fades in the fairway, and also seemed to moderate the slices. Going to try the irons next.

I just posted the below in another thread. Mine is the Small size, only because they didn't have the Medium for purchase. This will be my first time trying such a grip.

"I must say.....this crazy grip on the driver feels.......ahhhh........good.....

Did I just type that? Ooof. This has me intrigued. My left hand grip manages to get too strong on the club lately. I'm very intrigued by this grip. I have no preconceived bias on what this will do when I try and hit balls with it.
As ugly as it is.....if it works for me and helps me get my driving confidence back....it will stay until such time I have more opportunity to work on my swing. "

"I must say.....this crazy grip on the driver feels.......ahhhh........good....

Yeah, I'll agree with that. I am finding that it is easier to place my hands on the grip more consistently. Sure it's big but...not bad so far.

Still building but proud moment of mine today was turning down the ferrules and it worked!

Installed a VA Composites Raijin Black into my driver and Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Whites into the utility irons.

Just for grins, I cut down an old driver shaft and put a Mizuno 4i head on it. I've hit a few with it but am not quite sure what to think about it... other than I don't hit it very well. Lol.

These two sets are on the building table.

Srixon ZX UT 4 Iron Fujikura Ventus 9X (not tipped to play softer)
Srixon ZX5 5 Iron MMT 105S hard stepped
Srixon ZX7 6-P Irons MMT 105S hard stepped]
Golf Pride MCC4 Red/Black

Cobra Forged TEC 5-P Modus 120X +0.25”
Golf Pride NDMC White/Black 1+1

0642CA02-25C2-4F33-899A-A54B6F939928.jpeg34460D43-C9E1-47E9-85F9-0FE76EE151A6.jpeg

Just re-shafted My Sim with a HZRDUS Blake Smoke Regular Flex......tried out a friends last fall with the Hogan Head and loved the response. SO i have set hip a shop, still adding to it, while the foot has been in a cast, so ready when i get the release form the Doc.

I’ve never built a club but considering taking the plunge and putting together a set of Maltby TS-1’s which I really like the look of. I currently play Ping i200’s with AWT shafts.

I need to find time to get fitted for shafts and see what I should use in the Maltby’s.

Also need to read up on what I need (tools, etc..) to do a good job on building these things. Sort of excited to get going. Everything I’ve read has very positive reviews of the Maltby’s. Any build suggestions, or tips?

I’ve never built a club but considering taking the plunge and putting together a set of Maltby TS-1’s which I really like the look of. I currently play Ping i200’s with AWT shafts.

I need to find time to get fitted for shafts and see what I should use in the Maltby’s.

Also need to read up on what I need (tools, etc..) to do a good job on building these things. Sort of excited to get going. Everything I’ve read has very positive reviews of the Maltby’s. Any build suggestions, or tips?
I just use a small vice with rubber shaft clamp, all trimming done either by tube cutter for steel or fine tooth hacksaw blade till I can afford the Golfworks trimming and turning station. As long as vice is bolted to workbench that is all you need to start with, happy building.

I just use a small vice with rubber shaft clamp, all trimming done either by tube cutter for steel or fine tooth hacksaw blade till I can afford the Golfworks trimming and turning station. As long as vice is bolted to workbench that is all you need to start with, happy building.

Thanks for the tips! Already have a tube cutter and vise in my garage, so it sounds like i can get working as soon as i source all the needed parts, & epoxy. Apprecaite it! (y)

Building a set of mp18 sc, with ctaper lite black shafts and midsized zcords! Looking forward to it. Mp18 are the one set I regret selling!

Installed an LA Golf Shafts TPZ 135 shaft into my Scotty Cameron, been itching to compare it to the Stability Tour in my Bettinardi SS28.

I'm thinking a 5 wood and a 7 wood, current clubs Adams tight lies. So would like something new, I've been looking at monarch , has anyone used Monarch. I'm on a tight budget, so need something good but inexpensive.

Dug through the shaft graveyard. Found a set of Recoil 110 F5’s I’m thinking about plugging in again, I’m enjoying the heck out it the IO in a major way right now but if I’m going to hit 250+ rounds this year Graphite is a solid option.

I sort of want to pull these gold THP recoil 95’s from the CMB’s and put them into the 921 Forged.

👀

Dug through the shaft graveyard. Found a set of Recoil 110 F5’s I’m thinking about plugging in again, I’m enjoying the heck out it the IO in a major way right now but if I’m going to hit 250+ rounds this year Graphite is a solid option.
My elbows hurt just thinking about 250 rounds a year.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

My elbows hurt just thinking about 250 rounds a year.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
So do mine. But it’s worth it!

Found a set of Recoil 110’s in the stash. Thought about it. Installed them in the 921 Forged.

Graphite is a happy place for me.

Back