What are you building? (Club style)

20210327_170600.jpg

Goodbye chrome shaft with horrible cord grip. Hello, Gamer? 🤔

Just rebuilt my Apex 21 Pros, 5 to AW, with the MMT 125g Stiff flex shafts. Have them drying. Planning to put some white golf pride grips on them.

Planning to put some white golf pride grips on them.
Oh, now you're just being mean! I haven't played my white grips at all this year. :(

Oh, now you're just being mean! I haven't played my white grips at all this year. :(

I have NEVER gamed a white grip before. Only doing this because apparently they are on the heavier side. They are super cheap too, which is awesome.

What do you game?

1616888361624.png

I have NEVER gamed a white grip before. Only doing this because apparently they are on the heavier side. They are super cheap too, which is awesome.

What do you game?

View attachment 9000015

Those.
See... halfthepicturesI'veputinthisthread. Haha

20200718_192245.jpg

Makes sense you would put them on I suppose. Lol Outside of the SW benefits even. They're going to look just my kind of awesome. 👊

Edit: and they're seriously comfy too

Those.

View attachment 9000016

Makes sense you would put them on I suppose. Lol Outside of the SW benefits even. They're going to look just my kind of awesome. 👊

Well, if it makes you feel any better......I would never put them on logo up.... LOL

Those.

View attachment 9000016

Funny, I also just put the midsize version of this white grip on a driver shaft....

Funny, I also just put the midsize version of this white grip on a driver shaft....
You stole that from Ian, didn't you? I told someone here to do that with the exact grip, for the exact reason, the day before that video came out. #isaiditfirst :p

You know just about every other grip I put logo down because they drive me crazy. The black doesn't bother me with those though. Black and white is kinda my thing.

You stole that from Ian, didn't you? I told someone here to do that with the exact grip, for the exact reason, the day before that video came out. #isaiditfirst :p

You know just about every other grip I put logo down because they drive me crazy. The black doesn't bother me with those though. Black and white is kinda my thing.

Totally stole it from him! lol.....

I have never tried this grip in my life! Ahaahahaha!

Totally stole it from him! lol.....

I have never tried this grip in my life! Ahaahahaha!
They're great. Very effective for adding some counter balance to a non cb driver shaft or heavy iron heads. I have a ton of driver shafts with white on them because most cb shafts steal from the middle to make that happen. Soft middle and I don't get along. And stiff mid and tip tend to SW heavy anyway, so it helps. You're gonna have a pretty purdy player's set with all your fancy whites! Prepare to have your balls busted! :LOL:

8CF71AF4-9483-4140-B928-8B03E9E71D19.jpeg
8206C38D-F171-4366-A401-9FF317E11A22.jpegB8F98BE9-D43C-48F2-8BAF-E7CC0905A1C0.jpeg

Do you let the paint-fill dry before using acetone to clean off excess or clean excess off while paint is wet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's easier to remove when wet. I went though a crapload of these - wifey was not necessarily thrilled :rolleyes:. Might need to replace some for her. I also didn't have acetone so made do with IPA... I don't know if that was smart or not but that's what happened.

1617205981294.png

It's easier to remove when wet. I went though a crapload of these - wifey was not necessarily thrilled :rolleyes:. Might need to replace some for her. I also didn't have acetone so made do with IPA... I don't know if that was smart or not but that's what happened.

View attachment 9000699

Good info. Thanks. I’m gonna give it a go

20210331_114931.jpg

The Taylormade set earned a visual upgrade so I swapped the chrome KBS Tour 125's I had in them to black nickel and some Superstroke wraps late last night. Try to get them cleaned up and loft and lies checked later today.

20210331_222451.jpg20210331_222632.jpg

RDX Black and a bunch of others uni-fit and ready to bounce between heads. Man, I was getting way behind on some of that. My newer Ventus Black 6X and one other left and that should be it for the summer shafts unless I grab a 1k.

I am in the process of moving all of my adjustable woods to the all-fit shaft adapters. Ever since Club Conex decided to sue Club Champion they have put a subscription requirement on their universal system so I went away from them. All-Fit works great and has adapters to go with any OEM. There were so relatively inexpensive that I ordered hosel adapters for manufacturers I don't currently own along with the 8 tips. This makes it super easy to try clubs without constantly pulling adapters to go from old ping to new, or ping to TM, or to Titleist or Cobra or Callaway. Use their tips, put the hosel adapter on the head and screw it in, voila!

I reshafted a calaway hawkeye 4 wood, mcs shaft 70 and a tackimac over sized grip. IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 6
Just put a Recoil 110 F5 into an ES21 56 head.

I have a Bridgestone J33 air muscle head that I’m thinking about getting a shaft for.
Been wanting a utility for a while

Does anyone have recommendations for good resources to begin to learn the art of club making? (And by club making, really just talking swapping grips and shafts)

Does anyone have recommendations for good resources to begin to learn the art of club making? (And by club making, really just talking swapping grips and shafts)

THP TV

Back