What are you building? (Club style)

moved the LA Golf putter shaft from my Scotty to a Piretti and put an Accra FX Putter into the Squareback 2.

I'm finally building my Bio Cell 6-PW iron heads I bought off Hurricane Golf a year and a half ago. I really like my 98' TM Burner OS irons w/ the rifle shafts a lot but these heads were dirt cheap and wanted to see how newer technology plays. The cool thing is had to extend my TM irons 1 inch since they were short but the Bio Cell irons factory length are the same size as my TM's lengthened. So, it was a pretty sweet coincidence.

Built the pitching wedge first as a test bed and decided to go with the True Temper Score (Stiff) shaft since the FST 115 was out of stock until late July. Also went with the Tacki-Mac Perforated Mid grip since its all black, barely visible logo, and comfy for my hands. I love those grips. Had Golfworks do the tip/butt prep and install the grip so all I had to do glue it together.

Turned out well. Distance is slightly longer but not by much as both PW's are 45 deg. Ball flight is slightly higher which is what I was looking for. They also feel about the same which is great. They are way for forgiving, too, and am definitely seeing that benefit. Off center hits on the Burner's weren't terrible but I'm retaining way more accuracy and distance with the Bio Cell club. Going to play another round this weekend and then order up the 6-9 irons shafts sometime next week.

Got my Srixon ZU85 2-iron built up with a Project X EvenFlow Blue hybrid shaft in 6.5. Topped off with a Golf Pride MCC+4 grip (thanks to THP) and a custom BB&F ferrule.

Now to hit some balls!

D788ABF9-7C3A-41CB-BDBB-DC574D11E4DB.jpeg

8C8E2934-E38F-47A5-B999-41577A720905.jpeg

A5F71380-0FBF-4617-ADD0-301A273E9F39.jpeg

Finally got around to putting a cobra adapter on my spare HZRDUS Yellow to try in the Radspeed.

57925B7D-B5FE-48C5-948B-CD768D297712.jpeg

Got my 6i-9i shafts from Golfworks on Friday and got the rest of my clubs epoxied together by about 10pm. Ran into an issue trying to remove the 6 iron head as this club was purchased last summer complete. Needed the head and after months of looking I just jumped on a used club. Left handed stuff is hard to come by. Since I didn't have a heat gun and a candle didn't seem to work well I read online that boiling water works wonders so while my deer corn was boiling for carp fishing I just put the club in there and 15-20 mins later off comes the head. Was really shocked to see how little epoxy Cobra put in their heads. Most of it crusted up around the collar and the inside of the hozel was pretty clean. I was expecting much worse.

For my first ever assembly they came out pretty well. I do have to go over the PW a bit with some acetone as I got some on the clubhead but that's just cosmetic. The sticker I put on the PW shaft is also off a bit so I may try and find another sticker and straighten that out a bit. I also lucked out that the EZ fit ferrules from Golfworks need very little sanding to fit flush to the head. That's my next step and final step on these irons.

Played 18 tonight with them exclusively and still am adjusting to the offset. The good shots I did have carried slightly better and much higher than my TM Burner OS irons which is what I was looking for going into this project.

IMG_20210704_140348382.jpg

IMG_20210704_140412293.jpg

Got my 6i-9i shafts from Golfworks on Friday and got the rest of my clubs epoxied together by about 10pm. Ran into an issue trying to remove the 6 iron head as this club was purchased last summer complete. Needed the head and after months of looking I just jumped on a used club. Left handed stuff is hard to come by. Since I didn't have a heat gun and a candle didn't seem to work well I read online that boiling water works wonders so while my deer corn was boiling for carp fishing I just put the club in there and 15-20 mins later off comes the head. Was really shocked to see how little epoxy Cobra put in their heads. Most of it crusted up around the collar and the inside of the hozel was pretty clean. I was expecting much worse.

For my first ever assembly they came out pretty well. I do have to go over the PW a bit with some acetone as I got some on the clubhead but that's just cosmetic. The sticker I put on the PW shaft is also off a bit so I may try and find another sticker and straighten that out a bit. I also lucked out that the EZ fit ferrules from Golfworks need very little sanding to fit flush to the head. That's my next step and final step on these irons.

Played 18 tonight with them exclusively and still am adjusting to the offset. The good shots I did have carried slightly better and much higher than my TM Burner OS irons which is what I was looking for going into this project.

View attachment 9015568

View attachment 9015569
Really interesting to hear that boiling also works! I hadn't heard of anyone else using that method before... But I suppose you're right - temperature is temperature! So long as you dried everything well afterwards, should be okay.

Post up a photo after you clean up that PW with acetone. Good looking build!

Really interesting to hear that boiling also works! I hadn't heard of anyone else using that method before... But I suppose you're right - temperature is temperature! So long as you dried everything well afterwards, should be okay.

Post up a photo after you clean up that PW with acetone. Good looking build!

Will do. Hopefully will have it done by next weekend.

20210714_091640.jpg20210714_091737.jpg

Switched it up a little on the X Forged UT.

gave this another try. Stuck new Super Peenibg orange shafts in them. Big improvement over the Modus 3 105
69484.jpeg

Built this shaft up for my 7 wood…

6808CDD8-AEF9-4AA9-9CAE-00D418BDE4E9.jpeg
E48D7E0B-65B7-4A06-B035-73EE26C9A663.jpeg

Have a Ventus Blue coming for my driver and a Tensei Raw Blue for my 4w. Thinking about switching to graphite in my wedges. Can’t decide on Recoil 110 or MMT 105

Removing cobra adapter from ACCRA TZ Tour and putting a Mizzie adapter on for this review.

A few things recently. Got the J15cb stripped Raw and built up with Steelfiber 95x.

03556E8F-B263-4411-B550-C9F00D1376ED.jpeg

Currently working on throwing this on some CMB’s with recoil 110 F5’s

D321E279-5C4B-4904-9B19-68A3C7367E2A.jpeg

Ok. I need some info on these Pure grips. Currently use cp2 pros. will these feel similar?

Ok. I need some info on these Pure grips. Currently use cp2 pros. will these feel similar?

Not in my opinion. The CP2 are “softer” and more “comfortable” if you will. The pure grips hybrid I posted a pic above are geared more for full traction. They do have the “rubber” smell to them but I’m not out to smell my hands or my clubs!! 😂

Tonight I installed MMT 105 scoring wedge shafts in MD5 54 & 58 wedges

Mixed combo set is on the drying rack as we speak! Wanted to use BB&F ferrules, but the wiggle during dry fit scared me into collared ferrules. Last check on length tonight, then gripping and on the course tomorrow!
1F21D3F9-5FCD-4C5A-BC88-83BCE3F4DC67_1_105_c.jpeg

Out with the old (left) in with the new BB&F’s (right). Will also be building my z765’s back up with Nippon Modus 3 tour 120’s.

Attachments

• D6C95B15-96BD-45EA-9362-0C0EDA22664E.jpeg
    D6C95B15-96BD-45EA-9362-0C0EDA22664E.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 10
Couldn't find a TC888 7 iron to match my set, so I got a slightly more forgiving TC788 from a Japanese site to combo with my set. Installed a matching BB&F ferrule.
20210721_175736.jpg

Have a Ventus Blue coming for my driver and a Tensei Raw Blue for my 4w. Thinking about switching to graphite in my wedges. Can’t decide on Recoil 110 or MMT 105
I'm a big fan of the Recoil 110 in my wedge. Would strongly consider swapping over my remaining two if they weren't close to end of use.

Mixed combo set is on the drying rack as we speak! Wanted to use BB&F ferrules, but the wiggle during dry fit scared me into collared ferrules. Last check on length tonight, then gripping and on the course tomorrow!
View attachment 9017439
Those Apex Pro's look absolutely stunning.

Back