What are you building? (Club style)

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
As I sit here working on my gear, I'm sure other THPers are doing the same (or often work on clubs).

So I ask, what are you building today? I'm reshafting some J40 DPCs with DG S300 shafts.

Going to be a mix of ferrules for this one. Not enough of either to run throughout the set and I don't have the patience to wait for a purchase to ship haha!!

ara3uty7.jpg

I wish I had the nerve to do it. No clue where to begin really. I can build a house but I'm not sure about tinkering with clubs.... That's just crazy I know

I have a build ponder going on.. does that count?

I'm currently in the middle of installing kbs tours in the j40 cbs. Ran out of epoxy after two wedges lol

I have a build ponder going on.. does that count?

Whatcha pondering buddy?

I wish I had the nerve to do it. No clue where to begin really. I can build a house but I'm not sure about tinkering with clubs.... That's just crazy I know

Only thing I won't touch is graphite. no no no.

Roberts shaft puller, sand paper, epoxy, 48 inch ruler, a chop saw and you can do it. thanks to Niteowl I got going pretty easily

Whatcha pondering buddy?

Only thing I won't touch is graphite. no no no.

Taking my Spider Si up from 35" to 36.5".

Only thing stopping me is the weight of the grip that makes it so fantastic.

Count me in the group that just doesn't have the nerve to jump into reshafting just yet. I've started regripping, but with undersize grips, I never seem to get the butt of the grip flush with the end of the shaft (using air and the Pure grip gun, no issues with tape & solvent, but I prefer air). Once I perfect that...maybe MAYBE I'll give reshafting a go.

Roberts shaft puller, sand paper, epoxy, 48 inch ruler, a chop saw and you can do it. thanks to Niteowl I got going pretty easily

It really is quite simple huh? Swap the chop saw for the dremel and you have my setup basically. Once you start you can't stop and it's fun to toy with things without paying the $20 at a shop

CTL's will be going in the i25's when they return. Bank on it.

With Niion's and lime ferrules. Fact.

Looking good Dan. What type of epoxy you use? Both the golf shops around me said araldite is ok for club building, do you guys agree?

CTL's will be going in the i25's when they return. Bank on it.

With Niion's and lime ferrules. Fact.

Only thing that's missing is the Matrix Programs and you will have the perfect THP iron, like me :alien:

Only thing that's missing is the Matrix Programs and you will have the perfect THP iron, like me :alien:

Nah, I'll stick to PING over Mizzy :alien:. Plus, been fit to the CTL's so as much as I want to tinker with them (bad) I know that I need to just play what works the best for me. Plus, the i25's are going to be my steady irons, I know other testing and such will come, but I want one solid go-to set and these with the CTL's are them for me. Just need to get the damn lie angles fixed! HA!

If I'm having somebody else do it, does it count?

Nah, I'll stick to PING over Mizzy :alien:. Plus, been fit to the CTL's so as much as I want to tinker with them (bad) I know that I need to just play what works the best for me. Plus, the i25's are going to be my steady irons, I know other testing and such will come, but I want one solid go-to set and these with the CTL's are them for me. Just need to get the damn lie angles fixed! HA!

Well come on down and you can tinker all you want! And I might could be swayed to the dark(PING) side if i could put them on the course!!

And you passed on the knowledge! Thanks brotha, my bad on the epoxy!

I think I will be starting reshafting the Apex pros with S+ KBS tours. That should be a fun experiment.

If I'm having somebody else do it, does it count?

The thread title says what are YOU building! But I think it counts if you put the club in the vise for the guy.

I think I will be starting reshafting the Apex pros with S+ KBS tours. That should be a fun experiment.

It's so satisfying and addicting building your own clubs!

Prepping a Kusala White 60x for my Titleist 910d2.
The driver I always wanted but could never piece together will finally be mine.

It's so satisfying and addicting building your own clubs!

That's a fact! I have only done some wedges, which I need to reshaft as well, but it's fun and actually pretty easy.

I haven't done a pull and reshaft so there will be a bit of a learning curve but should still be fun.

I re shafted a set of Apex with KBS Tour 90s about a month ago and I'm still kicking myself for not hitting them before I sent them back to MikeDean

The thread title says what are YOU building! But I think it counts if you put the club in the vise for the guy.

Yup. Not even doing that. Just getting the special order components for the guy.

It really is quite simple huh? Swap the chop saw for the dremel and you have my setup basically. Once you start you can't stop and it's fun to toy with things without paying the $20 at a shop

Tell me about it! Just started reshafting this winter. Bought the basic supplies online then a heat gun and Dremel. I did fry one shaft during a pull and had to drill out the hosel. :banghead: Must remember to be patient! Other than that I reshafted 4 woods and a sleeve adaptor.
Favorites so far: Miyazaki Indigo in the Classic 290, Proforce VTS silver for hybrid, & Miyazaki C.Kua 59 for Launcher. Biggest surprise was cutting down an old VS Proto for my 3 wood and slapping an adaptor on it. May be an old/cheap shaft but we get along very well!

Back