What are you building? (Club style)

My dad and I always used a torch. Only time we discolored something was titanium and that was our first pull of that material back in the mid-late 90's. Always had that big blue bottle of butane around the house...a couple usually.

I pulled the shafts out of my R7's and now I'm gonna try to put them back in. I have a couple questions. They included weights in the hosel, but I'm wondering if those are absolutely necessary. Also, I have the epoxy, so basically I apply liberally and let it set, right?

Taps away

I pulled the shafts out of my R7's and now I'm gonna try to put them back in. I have a couple questions. They included weights in the hosel, but I'm wondering if those are absolutely necessary. Also, I have the epoxy, so basically I apply liberally and let it set, right?

Taps away

If the weights are not put back kn the swing weight will be lower. Make sure hosel and tip of shaft is properly cleaned, put on ferrule, apply epoxy then insert into head. Thats it

If the weights are not put back kn the swing weight will be lower. Make sure hosel and tip of shaft is properly cleaned, put on ferrule, apply epoxy then insert into head. Thats it

Thanks Kang! I thought the weights were to aid squaring up the club head since these are billed as the draw version, but I'm gonna put em back in anyways.

Taps away

Thanks Kang! I thought the weights were to aid squaring up the club head since these are billed as the draw version, but I'm gonna put em back in anyways.

Taps away

That could be it too. More weight toward the heel produces more draw flight. According to oems anyways, what do I know? Lol

Finished the 5 Wood and hybrid reshaft today, have to hybrid a half inch longer in case I need to tip another half inch.

1zwgmts.jpg

Last edited:
Finished the 5 Wood and hybrid restart today, have to hybrid a half inch longer in case I need to tip another half inch.

1zwgmts.jpg

Haha love the shaft and grip combo. Bright across the board!!

Hawk I loved the feel of the VS proto shaft. I played it in my hybrids for a while but the shaft ended up being a bit too spinny for me. I threw one in my 3i to mess around the range with and it launches the ball perfectly. Good luck with them!

I like to hear that! I did a lot of reading before coming to that decision. Trying to find something that is available in the Cleveland catalog.

Thanks for the good recommendation from KC my little experiment has went pretty smoothly.

31A9A4D6-7A8E-4139-BEFD-76E97DEACDB6_zpsd3kiqewg.jpg

58D15288-206D-4412-BDE2-774713884CB0_zpssqwqsnef.jpg

8D7B4D39-6407-4615-AFC3-C08D134D413D_zpss29ckaky.jpg

Everything is curing now and I will switch the grips tomorrow after the epoxy has had some ample time to set.

Thanks for the good recommendation from KC my little experiment has went pretty smoothly.

Everything is curing now and I will switch the grips tomorrow after the epoxy has had some ample time to set.

Easy money!

Just cut down and put a Iomic midsize grip on my Seemore M7

If I can do it anyone can!! I have built about seven set of Irons over the years. No expensive tools needed. A pipe cutter for steel shafts a hacksaw with a abrasive blade for graphite ( no teeth on the blade it has a grit like sandpaper). A swing weight scale might be the exception but they can be purchased for as low as $40.00. Re Grips are easy but can be messy when using solvent , water activated grip tape is available so less toxic than solvent. Golf shafting epoxy to glue on the heads. Many very good Iron heads available cast and forged and every bit as good as name brand . They are very likely manufactured in the same factory in China. Recently reshafted my irons with KBS Tour Regular. Just plane fun to do. I thought the hardest part was choosing which shaft to use there are so many.

Here's the tester I put together last night.

dunu7yha.jpg

e6aza9yd.jpg

Looks great GregDan! Nice work buddy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Red Tie 6Q3 from TM/Adams adapter to Cobra Adapter

and

Kusala White from Cleveland Adapter to TM/Adams adapter

KBS Tour V's coming out of the CMB'S and DG'S going in tonight. Thanks for the loan of the KBS and DG's Kang! These may be my shafts for July.

Just reshafted a set of Xforged irons they look great see how they hit

Just put these shafts in some Mizuno MP58 heads. So far they feel excellent, but I won't be able to test them on the course for another couple of weeks. Also just put a GD Purple Ice in my 4w and GD Tour AD UT in my 7w. Will be throwing a couple shafts in some wedges too, if I can ever figure out which heads I want. Lol.

proto_zpsa80ef33d.jpg

installing a razr fit adapter on to an Attas shaft for my Razr Fit Xtreme. Really excited to see what the combo will play like for me.

What do you guys do about spline aligning your shafts? Do you all just not care or have an easy way of figuring it out? I am not doing mine but I got KBS C-Taper X shafts getting spline aligned, red with yellow stripes ferrules and just figured out will need to buy new grips. I will be putting on the grips though

I don't spine align, I believe it was once useful, but as far as shafts have come it honestly doesn't matter as much anymore.

I don't spine align, I believe it was once useful, but as far as shafts have come it honestly doesn't matter as much anymore.

Pete and I had that conversation the other day. I pretty much said the same thing.

Back