What are you building? (Club style)

This is something I am medium to very interested in acquiring at some point over the next year.

Not only do I hate paying for getting shafts pulled, I genuinely do not trust my local shops to complete it properly.

120-150 on ebay depending on when you catch thrm. 6 shafts tops and you have paid for it. Pull the trigger and thank me later, so easy you will kixk yourself for not doing it sooner

This is going to keep me entertained for a while.

11mewiv.jpg

10 pack of Callaway adapters.

345cwp2.jpg

First one will replace the old adapter on this.

The extractor I used worked like a charm.

Say I'm going to pull every shaft I have now.

Epoxy + Acetone = whatever size ferrule you need.

I'm trying to make up projects in my head just to pull some more shafts. I have a Tour Blue hybrid shaft that might want a new home. Maybe in the X2Hot. Still wishing I had a 3h sitting around. Or I should say a 3h head that I like.

Also on tap for the weekend is regripping the Tycoon with a Winn Pro. Just need to go pick one up. I think I'm going to go huge with it.

tonight my ghost tour maranello putter gets a SuperStroke Flatso Ultra grip installed. Might go and regrip other clubs too, just not sure.

Tonight I'm cutting down a SmartSquare and regripping with a new Pure putter grip.

Pulled the head off my 712 AP2 3 iron on Wednesday and today got around to putting my new C-Taper in it. Have to say I'm a little nervous about it. It's the first reshaft I have done in probably 15 years. I feel like I took all the right steps and had everything clean enough and prepped good enough. Once it's cut and gripped I plan taking some swings in the backyard with it to ensure the head is not coming off, because that would suck..

Having a puller is nothing but trouble. My X2hot hybrid has an Aldila Tour Red in it. 588 may get a Tour Blur. For no other reason than I can.

Having a puller is nothing but trouble. My X2hot hybrid has an Aldila Tour Red in it. 588 may get a Tour Blur. For no other reason than I can.

Its fun isnt it!!!

Yea it is. I've got a pretty darn good setup right now.

What are you working with?

Sorry dude. I'm in/out on the weekends and didn't see this. Nothing fancy, but it all works.

Golfsmith extractor
Golfworks swing weight scale
Irwin vise
Chop Saw
heat gun and a torch

Not much I can't do with all that and better than I was last year for sure.

Pulled the head off my 712 AP2 3 iron on Wednesday and today got around to putting my new C-Taper in it. Have to say I'm a little nervous about it. It's the first reshaft I have done in probably 15 years. I feel like I took all the right steps and had everything clean enough and prepped good enough. Once it's cut and gripped I plan taking some swings in the backyard with it to ensure the head is not coming off, because that would suck..

Should be cutting the shaft down from the raw length, ferrel turned down and gripped tonight. While I'm at it, I'll take a pic of work area and post it up in the Home Shop thread.

Sorry dude. I'm in/out on the weekends and didn't see this. Nothing fancy, but it all works.

Golfsmith extractor
Golfworks swing weight scale
Irwin vise
Chop Saw
heat gun and a torch

Not much I can't do with all that and better than I was last year for sure.

Whatever works. Mine is the same except I have the Roberts puller

Whatever works. Mine is the same except I have the Roberts puller

This one uses a socket wrench for the spring mechanism. Maybe a little more time consuming? I've actually never used a Roberts.

This one uses a socket wrench for the spring mechanism. Maybe a little more time consuming? I've actually never used a Roberts.

Maybe a bit, but as long as it does the job. Once you go hydraulic you wont go back though. 30sec pulls are nice!

I'm installing CTL's, lime ferrules, and lime Niion's into the Apex's tonight.

Question on putter assembly.

I am getting a new shaft and new grip for one of my putters. Should I install the shaft first, let it cure, and then put on the grip (super stroke 2.0), or grip the shaft first and then install the shaft?

Question on putter assembly.

I am getting a new shaft and new grip for one of my putters. Should I install the shaft first, let it cure, and then put on the grip (super stroke 2.0), or grip the shaft first and then install the shaft?

Doesn't really matter, I've done it both ways, its all about what you're comfortable with.

I find it easier to align the grip to the face angle when installing it already on the shaft than installing the grip after the shaft cures, but thats just my personal preference.

I'm installing CTL's, lime ferrules, and lime Niion's into the Apex's tonight.
I need to contract you out to install some Tour 90s for a friend.

Back