What are you building? (Club style)

Need to pull the CTL from my Baffler 3h and put the stock shaft back into it.

For some reason I've had trouble pulling some shafts using my wife's heat gun for crafts (I know it gets PLENTY hot so it's probably technique).

Makes me wonder if I should get the propane instead.

hey Cookie, I have 3 options on heat, the heat gun, small propane, MAP gas high heat. With a steel shaft its fast high heat, large glove twist it off. And the smaller propane is usually for graphite done carefully moving it around quickly and pulling with hydraulic puller. Really only use the heat gun on adapters for driver with the same hydro puller. The main point is with steel shafts you don't have to fear the faster heat methods, and the simple palm size refillable propane one works great.

Yep, bought the small one today and it worked phenomenally with steel. Minus burning my thumb it was a breeze!

Yep, bought the small one today and it worked phenomenally with steel. Minus burning my thumb it was a breeze!
OUCH! Done that! One of the things I keep handy in addition to some old grilling gloves I use is a bucket of water. Helps to cool off the head or shaft tips so I don't accidently grab it a little later to find it still hot!

Installing ahina 70x into j40 3+, px 5.0 into j40 4w

CTL's w/ UTx's are prepped for the Apex and TT's. Hi-Rev's are prepped for the Hopkins.

CTL's w/ UTx's are prepped for the Apex and TT's. Hi-Rev's are prepped for the Hopkins.

Oh man. CTL's in Apex? That might be the best possible combo for you.

Oh man. CTL's in Apex? That might be the best possible combo for you.

I think they will be, especially now that they are all 2* upright. Plus, having been fit to the CTL's helps my resolve that I need to go with what fits my swing the best, though I will say 100% I could keep the XP95's in there and be a-ok, fun shafts.

Removed some loose epoxy from my X2hot hybrid. Much better. Tossed a champ grip on it.

Currently putting KBS Tour S+ shafts in my Adams CB3 irons. I struggled at first getting the heads off but it was nothing a torch couldn't handle.

Only mishap is that we over heated the gap wedge head and I have a little bit of flaking on the hosel :(

But other than that so far so good

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

enypy5u8.jpg

It's a work in progress

Finally finished changing the shafts. It's a work in progress.
ejuva7es.jpg

Looking good!

The 3 hybrid I reshafted yesterday survived today's range session.

#success

The 3 hybrid I reshafted yesterday survived today's range session.

#success

My six iron lasted about 4 months before it turned adjustable.

My six iron lasted about 4 months before it turned adjustable.

And to think we pay extra for adjustability.

Just silly.

Ehhh, at least I didn't throw it downrange. Been there/done that as well.

Ill be buy some grips after work to put on a set of hogan irons. Nothing special. Just something cheap.

I pulled my recoils out of the j40s (the ones that didn't fall out) and reassembled them with 24hr epoxy instead of the elmers glues (quick cure) i used the first time. Also roughed up the tips before putting them back in. We will find out this weekend how it went.

I put a Diamana kai'li regular stiff in my 3-wood, seems to work like a charm, minus the slice, but it's always the same so it's ok :)

My reshafted CB3's made it through a range session last night. Only thing left is to shorten the driver and regrip.

New irons felt great. I seemed to gel with the heavier shafts immediately.

My reshafted CB3's made it through a range session last night. Only thing left is to shorten the driver and regrip.

New irons felt great. I seemed to gel with the heavier shafts immediately.

I bet that is a fun combo. I'm still a CB3 fan.

Going to try my hand at reshafting irons this weekend, should be quite the experiment.

Will be putting KBS Tour 90 shafts in to my Apex irons.

Back